The Nox (107)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
    When did the military advisor become an on-set thing? I thought it was in Season 2?
    I have no idea really...
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      I got 10 minutes and 14 seconds on the puzzle and a perfect score on the quiz
      Looks like I beat the Jigsaw Master's time by 44 seconds: 9:30

Comment

It helps when you already know what the image is
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          It helps when you already know what the image is
          You might think so... but I have to say, you were right about the gold... too much of it.

I'm afraid I may have made the Hathor jigsaw equally as hard, if not harder. I fear to solve it.

Comment

Good episode overall. The Nox are cool.

10:15 for the puzzle and 14/15 for the quiz. I forgot what the bird- like creatures were called-- the fenri?

Comment

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
              Good episode overall. The Nox are cool.
              The Nox are quite possibly my most favorite alien race ever created in any scifi show.

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
              I forgot what the bird- like creatures were called-- the fenri?
              Yes, I believe so. It's been too long.

Comment

Errors :

1. When they are sending through the MALP, the blue lights are static behind the stargate again.

2. Shak'l stabs Teal'c, but there is no blood on the dagger:
                http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/1x07/02.jpg
                My comment : Maybe because SG was meant to be a family friendly show.

3. Apophis asks for a staff weapon, because he wants to shoot O'Neill, but the background is changing behind Apophis like he is turning around:
                http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/1x07/03.jpg
                http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/1x07/04.jpg
                My comment : Maybe O'Neill moved in the middle, but according to the scene both of them were standing at the same position.
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                  2. Shak'l stabs Teal'c, but there is no blood on the dagger:
                  http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/1x07/02.jpg
                  My comment : Maybe because SG was meant to be a family friendly show.
                  That's exactly why.

There's a distinct lack of blood on more occasions.

Comment

Family friendly.... Apophis has killed SG-1 members, then even a child.
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                      Family friendly.... Apophis has killed SG-1 members, then even a child.
                      That whole "family friendly" thing is a relative term -- not everyone's definition synchs up.

Comment

They assume children will be traumatized by blood and explicit nudity, but that references to sex will go right over their heads.

Seaboe
                        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                          They assume children will be traumatized by blood and explicit nudity, but that references to sex will go right over their heads.

Seaboe
                          Those references do go over their heads. For example, I never realized just how many such jokes are found on episodes of the Simpsons back in the day.
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                            Those references do go over their heads. For example, I never realized just how many such jokes are found on episodes of the Simpsons back in the day.
                            Or realizing how certain songs you sang along to in your youth have some explicit texts...

Comment

Story board game #1 - "The Nox"

Arrange the events in chronological order, then write the picture order in comments (like : 3-4-1-5-7-8-2-6).

This is only a test, so please share your opinion if you would like to see this game in the future. I know it is not easy as I have chosen this well-known fan favorite episode. If it is too hard then we can try it with 4 or 6 pictures the next one. Have fun!

https://www.stargatecommand.co/forum...tml&k=b4ff8e7b

Storygame1-TheNox.jpg
                              Last edited by Platschu; 27 November 2018, 12:29 PM.

Comment

I wish I could live with the Nox...or Yoda.

Comment

Working...
                                X