No announcement yet.

The Nox (107)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I LOVE this episode. Seriously. Fortunately, so does my dad, so this is the one I can always stay up late to watch. I didn't see it until I got Season I on DVD--and now it's likely my most-watched (aside from "Hathor").

What's good:

a. The Nox themselves. I love those people. I'm going to go off on a total tangent here (if you don't want to read it, skip to the next paragraph), but I know some people have commented on how the Nox's overconfidence will come back to bite them, shades of the Tollan. There are a couple reasons that I don't think this'll happen (namely, I'd be really mad; therefore, such a travesty shall not occur), but mainly, I think that the Nox are so far advanced that it won't happen. Stemming from this is a minor debate I had with my biology teacher; she said that organisms like mosses and lichens were really primitive, as plants go at least, because they weren't very advanced at all. I said that mosses and lichens were the most advanced, because they didn't need a lot to thrive. The Tollan had super-de-duper cities with lots of glass and chrome. The Nox live incredibly simply, which is why SG-1 thought they were so primitive.

My point being that the Nox don't need a lot of material things to be miles ahead of everyone else; they simply don't need the stuff; they don't want it.

b. Awesome hair. Although hay fever would be murder--you'd never be able to get away from it.

c. Location. I like the Pacific northwest--cool, wet, rainy. End of story.

d. Apophis. Evil. Grrr. I smile!

e. Lya. I was SOO happy they brought her back for "Engima" and "Pretense" (at any rate, I think it was "Pretense").

f. Overall character interaction.

What wasn't good:

a. We can never go back!

FINIS

finally.

Comment

I really liked this episode also. Nearly all members of SG-1 killed, the first sign of political intervention into the SGC, and our first meet-up with one of the Four Races of the Great Alliance. What I don't get is why so many people seem to want to put down the Nox for deciding to live in peaceful harmony with the planet they're on instead of going around the galaxy showing off just how powerful they are. Make no mistake, they are powerful. They just choose not to show it.

It's too bad we didn't listen to them, or we might have been able to interact on a bigger level instead of just seeing them two more times after this.

I have a question. When the Nox make things disappear, do they also become somewhat intangible or what? It's been a while since I've seen this episode, but it looked like O'neill shot his arrow at Apophis, and when the arrow was about to hit him, he disappeared, not giving Apophis enough time to jump to the side or anything like that. Theories?
      Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by zats

b. Awesome hair. Although hay fever would be murder--you'd never be able to get away from it.

The hair reminded me of salad fixings. Love the hay fever comment! So true.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
          The hair reminded me of salad fixings. Love the hay fever comment! So true.
          You do realize that I'll never be able to eat salad again, right? RIGHT?

Comment

Why not? Just say, "the Nox's hair was not this green." Ok? Ok.
            Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Comment

You're assuming that all salad is green, or for that matter, even involves lettuce. There's this sort of leafy thing my grandma makes that looks it was recently pulled from the florist's dumpter. Lots of wilty flowers. It looks terrible but actually doesn't taste too bad.

Comment

I want to be invisible like the Nox can. That wold be .
                Last edited by greytop; 30 October 2004, 10:41 AM. Reason: changing spelling of a word

Comment

i want another episode with the nox. maybe a time travel thing where the team goes back in time to find them with the other 3 members of the alliance. (go furlings) but thats not what this thread is about. i have to say that the nox are pretty cool, doing that invisible thing. at the end of the episode, was that a floating city or a ship?
                  ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Think that was a floating city, like in Star Wars: the Empire Strikes Back.

Comment

Maybe it was a city on a ship! The both of best worlds!

Comment

What was that flying bug like??Could it be the same from Bane?
                        Lord Zedd

Comment

If memory serves(haven't seen 'The Nox' for ages) the thing in the Nox wasn't a bug. It reminded me more of a peradactyl.
                          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G
                            If memory serves(haven't seen 'The Nox' for ages) the thing in the Nox wasn't a bug. It reminded me more of a peradactyl.
                            I don't know if it was a peradactyl but it was a type of rare bird that the Nox are protecting.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                              I want to be invisible like the Nox can. That wold be .
                              Could wreak total havoc at school...the stuff of my dreams!

Comment

Which is why only the pacafists can become invisible in this series. Not counting in the cloaking in the ep with the rogue NID.

Comment

Working...
                                X