The Nox (107)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
    Which is why only the pacafists can become invisible in this series. Not counting in the cloaking in the ep with the rogue NID.
    If it helps, Goa'uld ships can become invisible. And Nirtii and the Ashrak from "Allegiance" can become invisible too.
    Rocky

Comment

Which is why only the pacafists can become invisible in this series. Not counting in the cloaking in the ep with the rogue NID.
      Originally posted by rockett4477
      If it helps, Goa'uld ships can become invisible. And Nirtii and the Ashrak from "Allegiance" can bedcome invisible too.
      That it true for the Goa'uld but they have devices to help them become inivisible. IMO, the Nox use their minds to become invisible and make other things do the same.

Comment

a. Ah! Don't quash my evil ambitions. Not cool. Totally against the laws of the universe. Very not cool.

b. As several people have been kind enough to point out, the goa'uld can become invisible. Hathor, Nirrti, entire ships, not to mention the Ree'tou...[blows raspberry]

c. Who said my intentions are unpacifistic (which is now a word, if it wasn't before) in the first place? A little...disruptive...maybe , but not violent.

d. And? So? But? Therefore? I'll find a way around it anyway.

Comment

I LOVE this episode. I am watching the first season for the first time and this has been my favourite episode so far.

The Nox are great, I'm happy to hear I will see more of them...

Comment

Well we heard we'll be seeing more of them for like 4 years now, it's only ever been "maybes". So don't hold your breath.

I wanna see them though. Lya was great.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel’s twin
              I really liked this episode also. Nearly all members of SG-1 killed, the first sign of political intervention into the SGC, and our first meet-up with one of the Four Races of the Great Alliance. What I don't get is why so many people seem to want to put down the Nox for deciding to live in peaceful harmony with the planet they're on instead of going around the galaxy showing off just how powerful they are. Make no mistake, they are powerful. They just choose not to show it.

It's too bad we didn't listen to them, or we might have been able to interact on a bigger level instead of just seeing them two more times after this.
              It reminds me of the book/movie “Contact.” Where once again Earth society is told that they still have a long way to go until they are accepted by more advanced life forms.
              Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
              My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

It was interesting to hear in the episode where Sam mentions that they’d only visited 19 planets by this point (and this was the 8th episode). Loved the “Bad/Very Bad” routine that Daniel and Jack had in trying to describe Apophis to Lya and Anteaus. And the ep was the source of one of my favorite lines -- “The very young do not always do as they're told.”
                Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Hello.

In order to interact with these advanced races, perhaphs a new series of SG-1 can take place hundred of years into the future. Similar to the Star Trek franchise. Of course this would happen after the Jaffa have been freed and the Goa'uld destroyed

It is frustrating to have such knowledge just out of reach (similar to what is happening in Atlantis). Since a pattern has emerged of advanced Alien life thinking humans are not "ready", you would have to think that they are onto something with their decision making. Though it is perplexing why humans are stuck with trying to defend the universe, when there are many out there who could do a better job!

Comment

Originally posted by meatspxNZ
                    Hello.

In order to interact with these advanced races, perhaphs a new series of SG-1 can take place hundred of years into the future. Similar to the Star Trek franchise. Of course this would happen after the Jaffa have been freed and the Goa'uld destroyed

It is frustrating to have such knowledge just out of reach (similar to what is happening in Atlantis). Since a pattern has emerged of advanced Alien life thinking humans are not "ready", you would have to think that they are onto something with their decision making. Though it is perplexing why humans are stuck with trying to defend the universe, when there are many out there who could do a better job!
                    It is a nice idea that there would be a future of stargate, but I'm not sure how it would realistically work. The belief of many races during the first couple of series that humans were not ready for what was through the stargate in now proven innocuous. It was initially the Asquard, Nox and Tollan in particular that saw earth as 'primitive' or 'young' but with the Tollan now gone it is the Asguard who stil stand and throughout the years they have come to realise that though earth may not be as advanced as them, this is not always a bad thing. The other exception of course is the goa'uld, who of course think we are primitive and simply a little annoyance that should be crushed, but the fact that we beat their asses every other week only serves to prove that although we may not be as technologically advanced we know how to do them some serious damage.

The Nox referred to us as young, perhaps not because we were technologically inferior but becuase we looked to solve most problems with weapons and war. their perspective was different to others who simply saw us as inferior. to be, rather philosophically, the nox episode was a comment of human society, rather than human evolution.

Comment

Yes this is a great episode. The Nox are very cryptic and its excellent when they reveal their city at the end. SG1 thinking they need protection, only to discover that the Nox are far more advanced than they appear.

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie
                        well they heal with no deivces...they cloack with no devices...may be they can fly (?) without any devices?

Just because you dont see the devices doesnt mean they dont exist. It just apears to be majic because we dont have thay powerful of technology. If you went back in time with any of modern day technology the people would treat you as a god or wizard or something on those lines.

Comment

The SGC's elite team gets taken out by a Goa'uld and a couple of Jaffa? Suuuuure.

If ya can't kill em, retreat till ya can.
                          Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

Originally posted by PugGate
                            The SGC's elite team gets taken out by a Goa'uld and a couple of Jaffa? Suuuuure.

If ya can't kill em, retreat till ya can.
                            Actually the jaffa kill none of SG-1. Apophis kills Jack who is in the open then Sam jumps out stupidly and Apophis gets her, then Daniel mimics her, then Teal'c kills Shackle and attempts to kill Apophis several times and fails. So basically SG-1 died because of stupidity and emotions and a shield.

Comment

Fine, the Jaffa were just targets. At least Teal'c was the only one that didn't get hit. He shouldn't have gotten hit because he is an ex-first prime who is above being shot like a normal Jaffa.
                              Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

well when the son dies they do say that it would take too long to take him to the others so I would say that there is some sort of limit to there capabilities.

Comment

Working...
                                X