• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Nox (107)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON ONE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 107

Pressed by the government to acquire new technologies, SG-1 is led to a world inhabited by a seemingly primative race. When Apophis arrives, SG-1 ambush him with disasterous consequences.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 February 2021, 11:08 PM.

Could the Nox revive something/someone after a long perod of time?
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Who knows what the Nox can do? Its never said in this episode exactly how thier Ritual of Life works
      The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

But they did say they couldn't get, Nefreyu (sp) (the little boy ) to the city before it was too late and he was permanently dead, so their must be a time limit on their powers.
        ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
        The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

I think the Nox as a whole should have been more explored in the series. I want to see what the City is like!!

Comment

I guess they could only bring someone back if they were sorta dead. If they were mostly dead or all dead the only thing to do would be to go through their clothes and look for loose change.
            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Although it is a stretch, maybe they said to hurry because they knew they would be found by Apophis or something. But i still agree that maybe if someone stays dead too long, they would stay dead period.
              Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I agree I would have loved to see the Nox vessel- it would have been neat to see though. I liked the episode even though it aired on CTV (canada) a long time ago.
                Jack: (describing Urgo) It's a machine!
                Urgo: That hurts!

I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe, and I wanna eat pie.
                Jack: Hey, who doesn't?

Urgo: They're gonna kill you! They're gonna open your heads with giant can openers and then they scoop me out with a big scoopy thing... (starts crying)

Comment

I was kinda hoping for a visit from them in Season 7, since we were after all searching for the Lost City. I'd like to have a look inside their technology and see what tricks they have up their sleeves.
                  Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                  Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                  Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                  Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                  Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                  Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                  Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

I don't think Nox have vessels...probably some kinda of transporters ... and again thier technology could be only natular..with no technology...and i'd like to think so...that is why they are superior...and one of the 4 races...they are kinda like Ancients...

Comment

My guess is the Nox would have a incredibly advanced ship that is invisible like their city. It would make sense!
                      __

__

Comment

They've kinda drifted to the back of the room along with Luke, the Ree'tu, and others. They had so much potential for some interesting storylines. Perhaps we will get a message from them in season 8.
                        Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                        Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                        Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                        Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                        Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                        Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                        Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie
                          I don't think Nox have vessels...probably some kinda of transporters ... and again thier technology could be only natular..with no technology...and i'd like to think so...that is why they are superior...and one of the 4 races...they are kinda like Ancients...
                          There was that huge floating city (or was it a ship?) in the sky at the end of the episode.. So if that's no technology even the Tauri must be pretty advanced. The Nox did seem to have some knowledge of the stargate and probably most of what they did was technology-based in some manner. After all, any suffiently advanced technology would appear to be magic to the uninformed.
                          The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

well they heal with no deivces...they cloack with no devices...may be they can fly (?) without any devices?

Comment

Maybe well get a call from the Nox in season eight that they need their help. Perhaps the Gou'ald have discovered their planet and have found secrets to their technologies
                              __

__

Comment

Working...
                              X