This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Region 2 DVD's: Anamorphic Widescreen?

Quick question to anyone who owns either seasons 1, 2 or 3 on region 2 DVD. Are the episodes in widescreen?

I know it says so on the packaging but I wanted to check because last year I bought some discounted region 2 season 3 DVD's and the episodes were in fullscreen format, even though it said 16:9 widecreen on the box! So I took them back to get a refund.

I like my Stargate in widescreen because it looks sooooo good and now I'm scared to buy the season 3 boxset incase the same thing happens again.

Can anyone help?
    'Ask an impertinent question and you are on your way to a pertinent answer.'

Jacob Bronowski

Umm...I checked my season 3 region 2 boxset and it does say 16:9 widescreen on the bottom. Although I never use this feature on my tiny 21 ins t.v. I'm not sure how to activate it, tried seeing if your t.v. setting are right?

Comment

I have seasons 4 to 6 and most of season 7 on DVD already and they all play in widescreen (with black bars top and bottom) automatically on my tiny 15 inch TV just fine. I don't see how those DVD's would play any different unless all four of them were defective.
      'Ask an impertinent question and you are on your way to a pertinent answer.'

Jacob Bronowski

Comment

I've got Seasons 1-5 on DVD and they're all played in full frame on my TV. I was kinda concerned they'd be in widescreen cos I hate widescreen!!!!!
        "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

All SG-1 DVDs ever released are widescreen. If you see it as full screen, then your DVD player has been set up incorrectly. By the sounds of it, this would be very likely - some of the region 2 DVDs (including season 3, I believe) are encoded so that your player will automatically pan-&-scan the picture if the setup in the player has the picture format set up as "standard" rather than "letterbox" or "widescreen".
          Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
            All SG-1 DVDs ever released are widescreen. If you see it as full screen, then your DVD player has been set up incorrectly. By the sounds of it, this would be very likely - some of the region 2 DVDs (including season 3, I believe) are encoded so that your player will automatically pan-&-scan the picture if the setup in the player has the picture format set up as "standard" rather than "letterbox" or "widescreen".
            But he says he can watch the other seaasons fine.
            Maybe you got a bad copy?

Comment

He mentioned seasons 4 through 7. These do not have the pan-&-scan function I mentioned, which is why he sees them in WideScreen.
              Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Working...
              X