Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Ant-Man - Movie News/Discussion/Speculation

Is this the only Ant-Man Thread?

Just curious because it is out and no one has said anything. I loved it. I might like it a little more than the original. There are a few things I'd like to have seen done differently, but I think it was pretty good. I am a little surprised and disappointed it didn't break the $100 million opening weekend plateau. I know they are okay with $85 million, but I definitely thought this movie would be much bigger considering the possible connection to Infinity War.

I am a bit down because this is pretty much the last movie I was excited about seeing this summer. There are other movies coming out that I want to see, but not really until September. And nothing I am super excited about until Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald. Well maybe Johnny English Strikes Again.

Oh, I saw it on Thursday night! I loved it!

Though I probably would’ve loved it more if the theatre’s power had of gone out frickin TWICE during the movie
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Oh, I saw it on Thursday night! I loved it!

Though I probably would’ve loved it more if the theatre’s power had of gone out frickin TWICE during the movie
    That is horrible! Hopefully, you got a free movie out of it.

I saw Ant Man and The Wasp on Saturday and loved it. It was a much needed break after Infinity War, and dialed back from the bigger is better mindset-- which to me isn't always bigger and better.

Quote Originally Posted by BethHG View Post
    That is horrible! Hopefully, you got a free movie out of it.

I saw Ant Man and The Wasp on Saturday and loved it. It was a much needed break after Infinity War, and dialed back from the bigger is better mindset-- which to me isn't always bigger and better.

Oooooo that is definitely a good point. I wasn't nearly as anxious when I left Ant-Man and The Wasp as I was when I left Infinity War.

I certainly hope we see The Wasp show up in another MCU movie like Ant-Man showed up in Captain America Civil War. She needs her own space. Maybe she and her folks can show up in next Black Panther or something. I think my issue is that she is the skilled Superhero, so she shouldn't always take second billing and only have a world that revolves around Ant-Man. I know she is part of the Ant-Man Universe, but she trained him so she should get her own focus - just as Captain America was molded into a better hero by Agent Carter. I am still stewing that Agent Carter didn't get more of a chance. Anyway, at a minimum the next movie should be called The Wasp and Ant-Man or The Wasp Saves Ant-Man or The Wasp and The Trials Ant-Man because you know the law is always going to be after him.

She is a superior fighter, that is for sure.

She is a superior fighter, that is for sure.
    Yep. And she is clearly more intelligent. But he is funnier, so I guess he has that going for him.

I just really want to see her fight with the Avengers. I think they would be much more open to accepting her as an Avenger than him. Maybe that will come up in the future.

Plus I'd like to see Hank Pym and Tony Stark connect up with Shuri. Now THAT is a brain trust. I imagine she would be more impressed with Pym.

Bruce Banner needs to be in on that get together as well.

Bruce Banner needs to be in on that get together as well.
    Very true. I loved Thor Ragnarok and I would love to see Thor and Banner end up in the Ant-Man and The Wasp Universe and the Guardians of The Galaxy Universe. Did I mention how much I love Hank Pym? Well I love Hank Pym and I think they need to get Michael Douglas interacting with more of the MCU.

Finally saw this today, just as good as the first one and definately a nice step down from Infinity War.

I reckon we'll definately see more of Ant Man in Part 2 as the quantum realm will probably feature, suprised they dusted the other 3 though at the end, that seems to be a pattern of these movies now till Part 2