Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ant-Man - Movie News/Discussion/Speculation

Pixar eyeing 'Ant-Man' movie?

Pixar has expressed interest in the proposed film based on Marvel Comics' Ant-Man, Entertainment Weekly reports.

Edgar Wright has been developing a script for the film and is also attached to direct. It is thought that Pixar's involvement in the project will result in a CG take on the character.

The Hot Fuzz helmer, who is currently adapting Bryan Lee O'Malley comic book series Scott Pilgrim for the big screen, assured fans that Ant-Man is next on his agenda.

"Ant-Man is something that I need to return to," he said. "I wrote a draught before Scott Pilgrim started and it's kind [of] on [the] back burner slightly just because I've been busy with this. But it's something that I have got to return to. I have to do another draught after Scott Pilgrim is done."

The original Ant-Man, Henry Pym, was created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby in 1962, first appearing in Tales To Astonish #35. Fictional characters Scott Lang and Eric O'Grady have since used the alias.

Pixar's involvement in the Ant-Man film is yet to be officially confirmed.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...man-movie.html

Marvel Movies of the Future!

Ant-Man
    Release Date: 2012
    Development Status: Ant-Man and his sometimes wife The Wasp are two of the original five Avengers, and Marvel Studios have been trying for years to get an Ant-Man film off the ground. Currently, Shaun of the Dead director Edgar Wright is attached to direct the film, which he says will be an action-oriented movie with some humorous elements. Last year Wright reconfirmed his role and briefly discussed the state of the script.

Reportedly, the currently script focuses both on original Ant-Man Hank Pym and his successor Scot Lang. A shifting timeline will follow both heroes in their primes and reflect the comic book stylings of the Silver Age and Modern Age of comics.

Production on Ant-Man is currently stalled, and at this point it seems unlikely the film will arrive in theaters ahead of the Avengers movie. Recently Pixar has expressed an interest in distributing Ant-Man, leading many to wonder if the film will now be computer-animated instead of live-action.
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=10199

Comment

Ant-Man Crawling Forward?

Stan Lee is… Stan Lee. A living legend whose role today in relation to the many Marvel characters he created is perhaps more ceremonial than participatory. Still, this is Stan Lee. So it seems that if you're going to make a movie based on one of his legendary superheroes, then you should probably at least take the guy out for a meal first.

Which apparently is what director Edgar Wright just did, according to Lee's Twitter feed. Wright, of course, has been attached to Marvel's Ant-Man film for some time, taking a break from it most recently to make Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. But with that film now in post, could it be that Wright is ready to fully aim his ant-controlling helmet at one of the smallest members of the Avengers?

"Marvel is prepping a movie starring -- Ant Man!" tweets Lee (or more likely one of his assistants). "I had lunch with the cool, young director Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead) and, as you'd imagine, we had fun discussing the tiny hero."

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/106/1068054p1.html

Comment

Disney Purchased Ant-Man Movie Domain!

From /Film...

"Today it has been learned that Disney has purchased a new batch of internet domain names. The most interesting domain in the batch is a domain for an Ant-Man movie: ANT-MAN-THEMOVIE.COM. Now, this doesn’t confirm anything… but Disney doesn’t usually purchase domain names without reason. Looks like they are considering an Ant-Man movie."
        http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=15480

Comment

I thought Ant-Man was cancelled. Something to do with Disney (I think) only wanting to do movies with a budget of 100 million or more, or movies with a small 10/20 million budget.

sigpic

Comment

First teaser for Ant Man, trailer coming Jan 6th.

Comment

First trailer.

Comment

Kevin Feige Explains 'Ant-Man's' MCU Significance; New Trailer Out Monday

An Avengers junket wouldn't be an Avengers junket without a big surprise. In 2012, it was the reveal that the cast was filming one more scene. In 2015, for Avengers: Age of Ultron, Kevin Feige premiered the new trailer for Ant-Man, which will be online Monday. It’s shows much more of the humor, scope and effects we can expect come July 17.

Before that's released though, we talked to the Marvel Studios President about the Peyton Reed film. With a slot after Avengers: Age of Ultron but before Captain America: Civil War, many fans have wondered what – if any – significance Ant-Man would have in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Well, according to Feige, a lot. He says the film is actually a "different kind of culmination to Phase Two" and is quite important in setting a tone that links Age of Ultron and Civil War. Read the Kevin Feige Ant-Man Marvel Cinematic Universe quotes below.

In our interview (which you’ll be able to read more of as we get closer to, and after, the release of Age of Ultron) I told Feige that Ant-Man's odd placement makes it feel like an afterthought and asked thoughts on that. Here’s his response:

It’s not [an afterthought]. The truth is the phases mean a lot to me and some people but…Civil War is the start of Phase Three. It just is. And Ant-Man is a different kind of culmination of Phase Two because it very much is in the MCU.

You meet new characters and you learn about Hank Pym and his lineage with the MCU over the years. But at the same time, it also picks up the thread of
                Age of Ultron in terms of heroes – major heroes, Avengers – coming from unexpected places. Whether it's prison in the case of Scott Lang or being a very disgruntled Sokovian Twins as Wanda and Pietro are in Age of Ultron. And in that way it connects a lot.

Also, Hank Pym's attitude towards Avengers, towards S.H.I.E.L.D, and kind of the cinematic universe in general, is much more informed after the events of
                Age of Ultron, and in a certain way, before the events of Civil War.

We know that Iron Man and Captain America are going to have a major disagreement in Civil War, so it seems safe to surmise Pym's attitudes about superheroes might inform that. Which is pretty cool.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

This looks pretty awesome!

Comment

Still not really grabbing me. There's this weird conflicting feel between light/comedic dialogue being played over dark, moody music that I'm finding just isn't working. And it really just doesn't feel like an MCU movie--at least, not yet.

I'm hope I'm wrong.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Saw the extended trailer for this at Jurassic World last night, it looks pretty good, but as my sister said "Antman, really? That's what they came up with..."

Comment

This is probably the ONLY MCU film i will wait till it hits DVD to see.

Comment

I'm gonna try to see it at the midnight release if I can, depends on work.

The movies have been getting bigger and bigger and I'm curious to see how the MCU handles a smaller (heh) movie that is still related to the overall plot.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                            Saw the extended trailer for this at Jurassic World last night, it looks pretty good, but as my sister said "Antman, really? That's what they came up with..."
                            That was my react too when I saw the trailer during Age of Ultron. I was like they are really running out of ideas lol. I doubt I'll see it in theaters, but maybe on demand or something.
                            sigpic

Comment

For those who have caught this film. Has it been like most every other Marvel movie, where we had a teaser during/before/after the end credits?

Comment

Working...
                              X