Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have one idea for an sg-1 fic which I'd be interested to see what someone could do with it. I do reserve the right to do my own version eventually if I want, but the probability of that ain't very high

Anyway, the idea is basically for a new Goa'uld: Tezcatlipoca, the Aztec God of the Smoking Mirror. He was a god of war, beauty, and temptations who was the archenemy of Quetzalcoatl (the Giant Alien we met in "Crystal Skull").

Some interesting possibilities the story could touch on:

- Explain the giant aliens
    - Return of Nick Jackson
    - Return of Zipacna ("Pretense") who is also from central american mythology
    - The Smoking Mirror technology; Tezcatlipoca is called the god of the smoking mirror because of an obsidian mirror he wore on his chest in which he could see all the thoughts and deeds of men
    - The lesser evil concept; Tezcatlipoca was really harsh in lots of ways, but he was also sometimes considered a champion of righteousness. He was said to punish wrongdoing (although, often he tempted the person into doing the wrong to begin with) and he rewarded goodness with riches and prosperity. He was also called the protector of slaves and masters who mistreated "Tezcatlipoca's beloved children" were severely punished.
    - The Jaguar Guards; a fun chance for a new Jaffa culture with a different dynamic
    - The truce idea; In legend, Tezcatlipoca ruled over the First World until it was destroyed by Quetzalcoatl. Then Quetzalcoatl ruled over the second world until Tezcatlipoca returned and destroyed it. After two others got a shot, Tezcatlipoca and Quetzalcoatl decided to work together to restore creation.
    Sentio Aliquos Togatos Contra Me Conspirare

Comment

I took a look at one of mine the other day, changed a few things but pretty much left it alone.

I'll probably see what I can do with it when uni finishes this week.

Comment

Wwwwweeeeeeeeeee that's great blue. Mine are all sleep for now

Comment

Spoilers for season 9 regarding a non-shippy Sam and Cam.
          Spoiler:
          What if Sam and Cam know each other so well because they are first cousins? Cameron is Sam's favorite Uncle Irving's son(Uncle Irving, from Urgo). Maybe a cool back-story would revolve around Cam's worrying that he might screw up and Sam wouldn't be there to rescue the situation. Why would he say that? Does he have first hand experience at screwing up and Sam helping him out?
          Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
          "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
          One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
          resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
          confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
          A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
          The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Nice Plot

Let's hope spme on pinches it

Comment

okay, I was re-watching the marathon, and all the replicators falling to bits at the end of the second part of Reckoning made me think, "What did they do with all the peices?" And then I got this image of Jack with a bottle of Elmer's glue making something out of them, and Daniel walking into the room and freaking out.

I keep trying to write it, but it doesn't come out quite right. So I thought I'd see if anyone else could do something with it.

Comment

Originally posted by trill
                okay, I was re-watching the marathon, and all the replicators falling to bits at the end of the second part of Reckoning made me think, "What did they do with all the peices?" And then I got this image of Jack with a bottle of Elmer's glue making something out of them, and Daniel walking into the room and freaking out.

I keep trying to write it, but it doesn't come out quite right. So I thought I'd see if anyone else could do something with it.
                Show me what you have and I'll help you improve on it. I'm sure your fic is good for a first attempt

Comment

here's one for the atlantis folks

suspicion spoilers
                  Spoiler:

ok, at one point, teyla and ford were left behind. they think that teyla could be a spy. she radios atlantis, asking for them to open the shield. they pause, they don't know if she's on theup and up and ford is unconscious so they cant' ask him.

in the show, liz opens it. but what if she didn't?
                  how would things play out if they abandoned ford and teyla on the planet with the wraith around?
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I have a couple of plot bunnies that need to be adopted. And I'd like to say that as different writers handle things in different ways, there's no need to be stingy. If you like a plot bunny and want to adopt it feel free even if someone else has already spoken up; chances are, you'll end up with something very different.

First, what if the alternate-SG1 hadn't managed to put things right in Moebius? They go back, find Daniel, fail, and go back to their own time, edited to add: with the real Daniel. The problem is, what happens to Daniel. The trust and respect and reputation he's spent eight years building up simply don't exist there. As far as they know, he's just a geeky archaeologist. And Kinsey is president. And everything he knows is gone, either completely or just radically altered. How does he handle it? How does everyone around him handle it? If possible, I'd like for the alt-Daniel to be saved somehow, so he can be a foil for our Daniel.

Second, I know the Broca fics have been done to death. You know, the one where Jack doesn't push Sam off, she gets pregnant, yadda yadda. But most of those end up syrupy sweet and disgusting. I would like to see something realistic about it--they know very little about each other, both are very strong-willed, and can be abrasive. Sam resents having to transfer to a desk job because one of them has to transfer and she, being pregnant, can't go out into the field. Even though she knows (intellectually) that it's not Jack's fault and she was the logical choice, that doesn't change how she feels. Then there's Jacob, who doesn't yet know about the SG program and is very protective of his daughter. I'd like Sam and Jack to end up together in the end, but don't make it easy on them, eh? Also, this situation is not one that could realistically be fixed over night; it should take them some time to work through. If for some reason the story lasts through the beginning of season two, I'd like to see Jacob still end up with Selmak, if at all possible, as the pair of them were my favorite characters and I'm not up to the trauma of seeing them die again.

Third, let's ignore season nine. No new enemy has appeared. The President decides that now, with the goauld gone, is as good a time as any and better than most to introduce the Stargate program to the general public. Jack, Sam, et al are heroes. Mini-Jack spent very little time in HS before going on a road trip and trying out for a tv show just on a whim. He got the part, and now plays Joan's brother on Joan of Arcadia (the tv show that, in rl, Michael Welch plays), along side his favorite actress Mary Steenbergen. He's frustrated because he now works alongside this hot, intelligent, talented woman and she thinks he's a teen. So how does he react to the SG program becoming public?

Fourth, mini-Jack stayed in school. He did very well in school, as a matter of fact--all those years of listening to Carter and Daniel and the other resident geeks paid off. He figures that the best way to distinguish himself from the original is to become a scientist of some sort (you pick). Along the way he gets married, has a family, yadda. He's at a university, either studying or teaching, when his wife finds out about the SG program in some way (you choose). Maybe they're calling him in to consult on something or other. Finding out your husband is a clone with fifty years of someone else's memories would be so weird; particularly if she somehow gets mixed up in something. How does she handle it? How does mini-Jack? How has mini-Jack changed over the years? Bonus points if she meets the original Jack; Bonus points if she meets Sam and compares herself to her.
                    Last edited by Beatrice Otter; 01 August 2005, 04:44 PM.
                    My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
                    -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
                    -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
                    -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

Beatrice Otter's Random Plot Bunnies, continued. Free to a Good Home.

Fifth, Egeria wasn't stupid, she made a daughter to carry on her work (i.e. breeding more Tok'ra) if she was ever captured/killed/etc. Alas, this daughter was not yet mature when she, too, was captured and stuck in some kind of stasis field, whatever. She was imprisoned on Earth. An archaeologist found her and removed her, and while she was still disoriented she took him as a host (acting on instinct). Either the original archaeologist decided to keep her, or another host was found (preferably another archaeologist). None of them know anything about the SG program; as far as they know, all the Tok'ra have been captured and/or killed. But since they know the truth about Earth's distant history, they're looking for the right stuff and publishing it. They come to the attention of the SGC, who send SG-1 out to investigate. Sam and Teal'c realize the archaeologist has a symbiote at the same time the young queen realizes one of them is a Jaffa. The obvious misunderstandings ensue.

Sixth, what about Kanan? What if, instead of just taking off with O'Neill's body, he asked him nicely if they could go rescue his girlfriend? O'Neill says yes--you know how he is about leaving people behind, and when you add Kanan's emotional attachment to her (which O'Neill would feel as his own) I can't see him refusing. Is O'Neill's military experience enough to get them in and out safely when added to Kanan's familiarity with the complex? If so, does the whole experience make him change his mind about the Tok'ra, maybe even consenting to be Kanan's host permanently? If you go that route, how does this affect his relationship with Carter, keeping in mind that the Lo'taur looks an awful lot like her and Kanan loves her to some degree (which Jack feels as much as Kanan does, the two of them having a true blending)? How do Tok'ra love matches work out if both host and symbiote have prior attachments? If Jack and Kanan do end up getting captured by Ba'al, how does that change things? How does Ba'al react? How do Daniel and Kanan relate? What do Jack and Kanan talk about (or avoid talking about) in between bouts of torture? This one in particular could go a lot of different ways, so I'd love to see multiple people adopt it.

Seventh, Abyss happens just as it did, but as Kanan slithers away he manages to take a forest creature as his next host and take it back through the gate to the Tok'ra. How do they react? He violated their most sacred law, after all. Do they find him another host? If so, what happens when he runs into Jack again? What issues does he have left over from the whole thing?

Eighth is for you crossover lovers out there. (But I do ask that you read the Fanfic Symposium articles on crossovers before starting to avoid the biggest pitfalls of most crossovers.) Cossover with an OC from Buffy--on Halloween, what if one of Buffy's classmates was a Mad Scientist? (In the ep I'm referring to, a Chaos mage sold costumes for Haloween that turned you into whatever you were dressed as--if you were a pirate, you became a pirate, if you were a soldier you became a soldier, if you were a ghost, etc., etc.--and once the spell was broken, everybody remembered the stuff they knew as their costume. Xander was a soldier, and he remembered stuff like how to use a bazooka, which occasionally was handy later on in the series.) So, now that our OC knows all this science stuff, S/He decides to become a scientist and ends up working at the SGC in some capacity. What's his/her perspective on going from a Hellmouth to working on alien technology? Does the SGC in general learn about Hellmouths and stuff like that from working with him/her? (Maybe they come across one offworld and the former Mad Scientist figures out what's going on.) If they do find out, I'd like to have the fMS explain what life is like on a Hellmouth by dragging out an old yearbook for them to look at. That looks normal, until you notice the ads for funeral homes, mortuaries, and cemetaries among the ads at the end, and Buffy's Class Protector award (complete with the speech about the lowest mortality rate of any Sunnydale HS class ever), and various other oddities.
                      My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
                      -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
                      -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
                      -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

Wow some good plot bunnies I love take the AU of Broca fic, but all my bunnies are gone

I already have a AU of Smokes and Mirrors plot (not even started one it), plus its a trilogy too 60 pages plus for each part of it. *smashes her plot bunnies*

hehehe

Comment

Well... Er, hi, this is my first post.

I've been thinking of something where Sam is at Jack's house and they're fishing, but then who do they see moving in next door? Baal and my own character, Sam Lemley. I've already started on it, but I haven't really got to that bit yet. (Oh, and this bunny came into being when I was drawing... Jaffa lawn gnomes! Or it might've been when I had that dream where Baal was wearing pink pinstripes... he wasn't too happy with that.) So, er, if anyone is crazy enough to try that...

And another thing... Baal is bound to meet Vala someday. Imagine what fun they'd have torturing Daniel. Er, psychologically, I mean.

What if not all of the Jaffa are liberated? Another Dream-Bunny suggests that there's another Gou'ald by the name of Bast (Not Bastet, she's completely different) who's a bit of a hermit and has kept all of her Jaffa in a Wraith-like hibernation. (Or froze them... I just don't know very much about cryogenics, or whatever it is. (See? I don't even know the name of it.)) Of course, Bast won't be evil or bad or icky... She might even be Tok'ra-like in her relationship with her host.

And, to borrow Stephen R. Donaldson's aliens for a sec, there're these things known as the Amnion, and the main thing they do is play with dangerous mutagens. Now, in the books, they were very Borg-like, in that they changed everything to be like themselves. In my selective little world, however, they are capable of much, much more. (Such as making a Wraith not be a Wraith, but that's not really what I'm on right now, or is it?) Hey, Bast's host could be a Wraith...

And then there's my minor Aliens/Predator interest... Nuff said, right there. ("But what do we do with it?" "Anything you like, my dears, anything you like." "Ah.")

Perhaps I ramble.
                          -T
                          "Those who know me have no need of my pants." -CovJr
                          "I'm not crazy. I just have another consciousness in my brain." -McKay
                          "I do not like Earth anymore... stupid cell phone roaming." -Baal

Comment

Well, here's a post from when the Sheppard/Teyla Ship Dicusssion Thread degraded down to OT chatter: 20 Plot Bunnies.
                            This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

I've had this idea knocking around in my head so figured I'd post and see what you guys think. I started to think about this after season 1 and have had it on my mind ever since.

How many stargates do you think there are, and over how many planets and galaxies? I guess what im trying to get at is how do you build and deploy a network of startgates across the universe?

I had this idea for a floating stargate factory. So the factory builds and deploys the gates, while at the same time collecting raw materials from the planets it visits.

Of course the ship would need to defend itself, but I dont think it would be able to attack. More over I believe that is would use some kind of "cloaking" device in order to hide itself.

On board would be the build room, the test room, the control tower and of course the Gate Station. The last one being a collection of star gates so that the Alterans could gate onto the factory from any galaxy and then gate away to any other galaxy if they so choose to do so?

Like I said, an idea.

Alf

Comment

Im A Hugh Fic Reader Love It Love It Love It . Tried Writing An Kinda Failed Im Better With The Ideas An Was Mulling This One Over I Know I Know Done To Death Probably But What Ye Think:

In 2010 Sam And Joe Where Married An We're Kinda Left With The Impression When She Visits Jack That Something Happened Between Them So

Say They Were Together Like They Kinda Mite Be Now But It Didnt Work Out So They Split And She Marries Joe But Whats The Reason ??

Ye They Fell Out Over The Aschen But What If Its More What If Something Or Someone Came Between Them And Them Maybe Realiseing That Even Though There Allowed To Be Together Now That Its Not Enough To Keep Them Together,

Or That One Of The Last Mission They Were On Oneill Gave An Order From Washington That The Mission Had To Succeed At All Costs And Ordered Carter To Leave Someone Behind Like Daniel And That Then Causes The Relationship To Break Down ,

What Ye Think Honestly

Comment

Working...
                                X