This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey there!

This isn't really a plot bunny, but ......

As a huge Carson fan, I've been VERY disappointed lately with how little his character had been appearing on screen. He wasn't even IN the last two episodes! Then I thought it might be a sort of golden opportunity for anyone who wants to write Carson fics.

What was he doing during the last few eppys? Sort of a retelling of them from his perspective. Just the occasional "intrusion" by a passing character reminding the reader what episode is going on.

Just a thought!

AT
    thistledown
    sigpic

Comment

I love this thread. You guys have got some really great ideas here. Most of my plot bunnies, I end up raising myself. Several of them grew into my first fanfic "Existence". Some of those plot bunnies included "What happened to Ernest?", "What if the Catherine from Ernest's imagination in Torment of Tantalus wasn't really his imagination, but rather an alien?", & "What ever happened to the Furlings?". It's published on a friend of mine's site. I've debated on whether or not to post in on GW as well, mainly because there's a nod in there to the ASGC: Asgard Stargate Command, a fan club for the Asgard on the SciFi boards. I don't know how many people here would get that.

I'm currently nurturing another plot bunny that is turning into quite the killer rabbit. It deals with Janus, alternate realities, alternate universes and the son of Daniel Jackson. This one's going to take me awhile.

In the meantime, if someone would like to give a home to another of my little plot bunnies before it turns into a dust bunny... What ever happened to Urgo/Togar after SG1 left?
      My Depth Is Immaterial To This Conversation...

Comment

Originally posted by contact2918
        In the meantime, if someone would like to give a home to another of my little plot bunnies before it turns into a dust bunny... What ever happened to Urgo/Togar after SG1 left?

you might wanna feed this bunny more food

Comment

Ok, SGA Thanksgiving plot bunny here. It's that time of the year but the Atlanteans find that the Pegasus galaxy equivalent of a turkey is for some reason sacred. Something to do with beliefs Ancients could change into animals and that it was their favourite form. I'm sure there needs to be a twist to that... *evil grin* Just a nice way to talk about the culture and Athosians relative to Thanksgiving. Sadly I don't have time for this one and my hearts not in it, but I do hope someone feeds it because I'd love to read it.
          Last edited by Purpleyin; 12 October 2005, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
            Ok, SGA Thanksgiving plot bunny here. It's that time of the year but the Atlanteans find that the Pegasus galaxy equivalent of a turkey is for some reason sacred. Something to do with beliefs Ancients could change into animals and tat it was their favourite form. I'm sure there needs to be a twist to that... *evil grin* Just a nice way to talk about the culture and Athosians relative to Thanksgiving. Sadly I don't have time for this one and my hearts not in it, but I do hope someone feeds it because I'd love to read it.
            That's an interesting idea. Oh, the possibilities! Unfortunately, I too, don't have time to do it. Got three other stories in the works and not enough time for those as it is. Hope someone picks this up! It could be really cool!
            "There's no point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes." ~Doctor Who, Robot~

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRider
              you might wanna feed this bunny more food
              Oh, you need more details? Sorry, most of my plot bunnies are born as questions like that, then I start feeding them thier "what if" brand protien pellets only once I commit to raising them.

How about this... The people of Togar's planet now think that he has gone insane because of Urgo, which with Urgo always yapping insidie his head isn't too far from the truth. They want to put him into some sort of an asylum. Togar's only hope to remain free is to venture out into the galaxy through the stargate. Perhaps Urgo even develops the ability to completely take over control of Togar's body.

Comment

Originally posted by contact2918
                Oh, you need more details? Sorry, most of my plot bunnies are born as questions like that, then I start feeding them thier "what if" brand protien pellets only once I commit to raising them.

How about this... The people of Togar's planet now think that he has gone insane because of Urgo, which with Urgo always yapping insidie his head isn't too far from the truth. They want to put him into some sort of an asylum. Togar's only hope to remain free is to venture out into the galaxy through the stargate. Perhaps Urgo even develops the ability to completely take over control of Togar's body.

Yes, more details. I like it, I can see the comical exchanges between Togar and Urgo.

I would love to adopt it, I already have adopted one from here, I'm hoping the bunny will start play. If I can get all my bunnies taken care off, I might take this one.

Comment

Yes, more details. I like it, I can see the comical exchanges between Togar and Urgo.

I would love to adopt it, I already have adopted one from here, I'm hoping the bunny will start play. If I can get all my bunnies taken care off, I might take this one.
                  Cool. Be sure to let me know if you do.

Comment

Well got linked here so thought 'might as well post it here to'. A plot idea i had which i may actually get back to doing but might as well keep it in a place so it would remind me.

Its more like a virtual series but here goes:
                    Stargate: Frontier
                    Characters
                    -Good SG-12
                    -Bad Thaloc/Stragoth Swarm
                    Setting: Milky Way Galaxy; Echo Site, Series 9 era
                    Series Info: The team are exploring and discover that an alien race is planning an galactic invasion of the galaxy. With the growing Ori threat, SG-12 have been tasked with the job of gaining more information as Earth's resources are stretched to the limit. Furthermore, several Senators do not believe that such a threat exists. Based on the Echo Site, an offworld colony, SG-12 learn that the threat is very real and quickly approaching.
                    The Team: Colonel Jessica Renold's, Major Eric Masterson, Captain Clare Tobias, Nyan and Ke'ra (comes a lot later)

Got a lot more then that..........

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

I'd love to see a story set during 'Scorched Earth' where Lotan's answer to Daniel's question whether he knew of another planet suitable for the Enkarans was "No".

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Since it seems to be okay for a father and daughter to serve together at the SGC, what if for some reason, be it personal or health related, Hammond had to leave his post as CO of the SGC just before 'Children of the Gods' and recommended Jacob Carter to replace him.

I'd love to see Jack's face if he didn't realize that he was talking to his new CO's daughter - Carter isn't exactly the most uncommon surname in the world - until after their meeting in the briefing room.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                          Since it seems to be okay for a father and daughter to serve together at the SGC, what if for some reason, be it personal or health related, Hammond had to leave his post as CO of the SGC just before 'Children of the Gods' and recommended Jacob Carter to replace him.

I'd love to see Jack's face if he didn't realize that he was talking to his new CO's daughter - Carter isn't exactly the most uncommon surname in the world - until after their meeting in the briefing room.
                          Not a bad idea. How about giving it more flesh work to this story, so someonce came take it

Beside I see this fic as a miultchaptered fic with humor.

Comment

Not a bad idea. How about giving it more flesh work to this story, so someonce came take it

Beside I see this fic as a miultchaptered fic with humor.
                            It's an idea I've been toying with myself, so I'm hoping somebody tries it before I start yet another story.

I'm afraid I'm a bit of a challenge addict - three of my stories are responses to my own challenges.

Comment

Is that so?? NOt bad. I can never take my own challenges unless bunnies give a very big bite

But my own ideas do get planted in my own head. Some sadly are still wating to be started.

Comment

Originally posted by Beatrice Otter
                                I know the Broca fics have been done to death. You know, the one where Jack doesn't push Sam off, she gets pregnant, yadda yadda. But most of those end up syrupy sweet and disgusting. I would like to see something realistic about it--they know very little about each other, both are very strong-willed, and can be abrasive. Sam resents having to transfer to a desk job because one of them has to transfer and she, being pregnant, can't go out into the field. Even though she knows (intellectually) that it's not Jack's fault and she was the logical choice, that doesn't change how she feels. Then there's Jacob, who doesn't yet know about the SG program and is very protective of his daughter. I'd like Sam and Jack to end up together in the end, but don't make it easy on them, eh? Also, this situation is not one that could realistically be fixed over night; it should take them some time to work through. If for some reason the story lasts through the beginning of season two, I'd like to see Jacob still end up with Selmak, if at all possible, as the pair of them were my favorite characters and I'm not up to the trauma of seeing them die again.
                                BTW, I've actually written this one and am working on a sequel. They're up here and here.
                                My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
                                -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
                                -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
                                -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

Working...
                                X