This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Questionable
    Yes. Or that you can't write a single thing. Or anything besides One shots.

And me would also like to know what happed during that
    Spoiler:
    year or so that Sam and Jack were left in Egypt before they got killed
    I wouldn't know....

Comment

Eeeps! My plot bunny spawned a new one!

I was writing the background information and history for my first plot bunny before my lecture when it's evil cousin creeped up and pounced! It had a grip like a bulldog, it latched on and wouldn't let go. I ended up writing all these story notes during my lecture and partways through my tutorial.

Here's another question, how soon should we (meaning me and the plot bunnies) involve a beta?

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
        Here's another question, how soon should we (meaning me and the plot bunnies) involve a beta?
        As soon as you want. I use my Beta ( Haven't gotten a hold of her in awhile ) for all things, ideas, stuff like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Questionable
          As soon as you want. I use my Beta ( Haven't gotten a hold of her in awhile ) for all things, ideas, stuff like that.

Yes Beta is a very handy person, to have at any stage of writing. She/He is you confinded on your stories, idea giver when you face a writer's block, and all of above a good nitpicker for everything that goes in your fic.

My beta is also my good friend and that's important too.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRider
            Yes Beta is a very handy person, to have at any stage of writing. She/He is you confinded on your stories, idea giver when you face a writer's block, and all of above a good nitpicker for everything that goes in your fic.

My beta is also my good friend and that's important too.
            How do I go about finding one?

Comment

well um...good question. I wouldn't know, it been over two years since I came back to this.

Or you can try posting one chpater of your fic in one of your groups and ask if anyone wants to become a beta-reader for you.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRider
                well um...good question. I wouldn't know, it been over two years since I came back to this.

Or you can try posting one chpater of your fic in one of your groups and ask if anyone wants to become a beta-reader for you.
                Cool thanks.

A personal ad. LOL Writer seeks beta...

Comment

Cool thanks.

A personal ad. LOL Writer seeks beta...
                  yea nothing beats a personal ad

Comment

I googled it and fund some links - mainly for SG-1 I think but fairly easy to find others if it's SGa fic.

Place of legacy Stargate beta readers
                    http://www.squidge.org/~ancientserva...s/sgbetas.html

Beta readers by fandoms
                    http://www.haelen.org/cleocalliope/B...t/Fandoms.html

SG info archive beta listings
                    http://www.sg1archive.com/forums/ind...showtopic=8983

Hope that help, a good start I'd imagine - plenty of people listed there.
                    Googling things always works for me...

Comment

Originally posted by Thek
                      I wanted to write this plot bunny, but its been sitting idle in my head for about three months now.

Okay the plot bunny went like this, the SGA team are exploring a planet when they run into a Wraith child, whose caretaker is a female human that looks around 50 or so. However, she is actually only 25, has been willingly feeding the child Wraith for a few years now, and has developed a maternal relationship with the kid as well.

And the entire story was to evolve around the moral issues concerning what to do with the Wraith child, the opposing veiws that would arise, explore the idea that the Wraith aren't actually evil, but are just living creatures that want to live, and a team developing fic.

However, I could never get the idea to evolve with in character characters.
                      I'm itching, just itching to write this one. :: wanders off to draw up a few chapters ::

Comment

I got sent this thread by a friend.

Everyone remember in Emancipation when O'Neill talks to Sam when they rescue her and she has never been so happy to see them? he says something like not even that time when we found you on P4X-something or other and the natives made you take off your . . .

I want a story out of that! What happened?! PLEASE!
                        13!!RED thinggies and counting . . . FUN!

okay now I do not actually want red thinggies but for some reason people like to give them to me . . .
                        some people multiple times!;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Onlybluesocks
                          I got sent this thread by a friend.

Everyone remember in Emancipation when O'Neill talks to Sam when they rescue her and she has never been so happy to see them? he says something like not even that time when we found you on P4X-something or other and the natives made you take off your . . .

I want a story out of that! What happened?! PLEASE!
                          lol check around Helio2, I'm sure you'll find some

Comment

So how are everybody's plot bunnies?

I've sadly neglected mine and it is now covered in dust. I should look at it this weekend, it kinda looks sad...

Comment

I got two bunnies that are being lazy, and one is going no where *sighs* Road trips ficcys are hard.

On my other fandom, I haven't touched them in a while.

Comment

*hopps in*

Just seeing How the bunnies are coming along. It's been more than an months since someone posted here.

*hops out*

Comment

Working...
                                X