Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The talk on the "kill someone off" thread got me to thinking...

I have an idea for a Zelenka-centric fic. I'm figuring most of it would be told through journal entries or in scenes FROM journal entries detailing what happens when McKay is killed in an accident/fight and how Zelenka suddenly finds himself thrust into position as "primary expert on all things Ancient" and how he deals with the stress, the feelings of inadequacy, the communication hiccups, his "survivor's guilt", all his remeniscing on McKay and how they always fought but Zelenka actually respected him a great deal and misses him terribly, blah blah blah and he wishes he could find a way to go back and stop the accident... and then wrap it up with Zelenka looking over his journal when McKay comes in and says something obnoxious... basically, the journal appeared mysteriously or was discovered somewhere, all written in Czech, so Zelenka was given the job of translating it. When asked, he dismisses it all as "just a diary", but when the situation that led to McKay's death arises (probably the point when McKay comes in and snarks at him), Zelenka volunteers instead. And hey, with his foreknowledge of what happens, chances are he can maybe avoid whatever happened to McKay.

Comment

Wow. That is one cool bunny. Someone has to adopt this one - just look at the adorable little bunny everyone!

I'd love to see how this turns out.
      ~Percussive Maintenance - The fine art of repeatedly whacking an electronic device to get it to work again.~

Think before you hit 'Post': Friends may come and go but enemies accumulate. *sigh*

My LiveJournal: watch me babble about Stargate and life in general here.

Comment

that really is an appealingly cute plot bunny. Just look at it washing it's whiskers, with one ear flopping cutely over one eye.

But I couldn't do that one without it being slash.
        In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Maybe if no one else adopts it, MC, you can take it under your wing and corrupt the poor cute iddle thing.

Meanwhile, I have another bunny. This one's from the Ba'al Appreciation Thread.

In Summit/Last Stand we were introduced to a young man who served as Ba'al's lo'taur. His loyalty to his god was unwavering and reported Daniel's (asinine and suicidal) attempt to "convert" him.

For someone who has been in Ba'al's service for years, the lo'taur seemed very young (the actor was around 25 at the time), leading me to wonder just how he'd come to be there, so I spun a theory:

He's the son of one of Ba'al's enemies. Either he was kidnapped as an infant to serve as a warning to his father or he was rescued from the destruction/massacre of his father's house-hold and used as a warning to everyone else.

Ba'al doesn't seem like the fatherly type to me, but I'm sure that he had a lot to say in regards to how the boy was raised/trained/indoctrinated. I'm figuring Ba'al was mostly just a distant presence, used more as a threat than anything. Intersperse occasional punishments with occasional moments of Ba'al showing his approval and that pretty much seals the brainwashing.

Imagine what it would be like growing up with Ba'al as a father-figure. Yikes! What would that do to a kid? What must it have been like growing up under that shadow? And never once doubting that Ba'al was a god. Not even when Daniel explained the "truth" to him. How would THAT scene have played out, from the boy's perspective?

Also, we know that Ba'al had a new lo'taur in Abyss, so what happened in between Last Stand and Abyss? Is he dead? Or did Ba'al keep his promise grant him "godhood"?

If the boy is now host to a Goa'uld, does he regret what he's become, or does he well and truly believe he is blessed?

If he died, was it because he failed, or because he gave his life to protect Ba'al?

Comment

I wanted to write this plot bunny, but its been sitting idle in my head for about three months now.

Okay the plot bunny went like this, the SGA team are exploring a planet when they run into a Wraith child, whose caretaker is a female human that looks around 50 or so. However, she is actually only 25, has been willingly feeding the child Wraith for a few years now, and has developed a maternal relationship with the kid as well.

And the entire story was to evolve around the moral issues concerning what to do with the Wraith child, the opposing veiws that would arise, explore the idea that the Wraith aren't actually evil, but are just living creatures that want to live, and a team developing fic.

However, I could never get the idea to evolve with in character characters.
            *Insert something really cool here*

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              The talk on the "kill someone off" thread got me to thinking...

I have an idea for a Zelenka-centric fic. I'm figuring most of it would be told through journal entries or in scenes FROM journal entries detailing what happens when McKay is killed in an accident/fight and how Zelenka suddenly finds himself thrust into position as "primary expert on all things Ancient" and how he deals with the stress, the feelings of inadequacy, the communication hiccups, his "survivor's guilt", all his remeniscing on McKay and how they always fought but Zelenka actually respected him a great deal and misses him terribly, blah blah blah and he wishes he could find a way to go back and stop the accident... and then wrap it up with Zelenka looking over his journal when McKay comes in and says something obnoxious... basically, the journal appeared mysteriously or was discovered somewhere, all written in Czech, so Zelenka was given the job of translating it. When asked, he dismisses it all as "just a diary", but when the situation that led to McKay's death arises (probably the point when McKay comes in and snarks at him), Zelenka volunteers instead. And hey, with his foreknowledge of what happens, chances are he can maybe avoid whatever happened to McKay.
              What a cute lil bunny! Has anyone adopted it yet? If not, I'd like to--my muse is already chirping.
              It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor
              --Sandman "The Kindly Ones"

"Security clearance?"

Comment

Originally posted by Verthandi
                What a cute lil bunny! Has anyone adopted it yet? If not, I'd like to--my muse is already chirping.
                You're welcome to try. MC will be disappointed at being denied the chance to turn it into a slash fic, but who cares about her, anyway? *ducks MC's almighty spoon*

Comment

ooh! there's some bunnies in here i'd love to see as a story esp. the nice atlantis and baal () ones... *hopes someone adopts them*

i've recently discovered several plot bunnies, but they all come out of the baal/sam shipper part of my brain and most of them (well, ok, pretty much all of them) involve some smut... so i think they'll prob'ly just live happily ever after caged up in the baal/sam shipper part of my brain but i might put them into a nice shelter for adoption if someone REALLY wants to know any of them... yeah... didn't think so...

Comment

Can I ask how to encourage my plot bunnies (I have three hanging around)?

I understand what they are telling me, I can imagine what happens (usually in that state between sleep and awake) but everytime I try to write them down, they become difficult.

Comment

you can imagine great stories when you're going to sleep too?? yay and *phew*!!! it's not just me!!!... i can never write them down either i've tried a couple times, but it always sounds WAY better in my head, and as soon as i go to write i get completely awake again and can't think as creatively... [doctor mode]maybe it has something to do with being completely relaxed so the mind can be free to be creative setting up for creative dream state [/doctor mode]

so i second that query here's hopin there's just a secret we don't know about

Comment

Not got any plot bunnies to put up for adoption but thought some of the people asking aobut them might like this.

"On the Feeding And Care of Creativity Demons" (AKA plot bunnies around here)
                        http://home.earthlink.net/~eilonwy/writings/demons.htm

Comment

I recently lost one plot bunny *wails* and it a suppose to be a good Davis plot bunny *cries*

Comment

awww... a davis one too!! and there's such a lack of really good davis fics...

*crosses fingers that SR will find that lost bunny...*

Comment

Originally posted by emily_reich
                              you can imagine great stories when you're going to sleep too?? yay and *phew*!!! it's not just me!!!... i can never write them down either i've tried a couple times, but it always sounds WAY better in my head, and as soon as i go to write i get completely awake again and can't think as creatively... [doctor mode]maybe it has something to do with being completely relaxed so the mind can be free to be creative setting up for creative dream state [/doctor mode]

so i second that query here's hopin there's just a secret we don't know about
                              Glad I'm not alone,

I'm trying to grow one of them... it's going slow but it's getting there. There is something actually resembling a story (I think). Hey it may even see the light of day sometime in the future.

That theory isn't too off. It sounds weird and I don't know why, but I'm so secretive when it comes to reading fan-fics. I read them alone, change windows when people walk by and the printouts are hidden underneath my bed.

I don't know why... I'm not ashamed of my fandom, I love telling people about Stargate... *shrugs*

Purpleyin: Thanks for the link for the caring of plot bunnies. I'm sure it'll come in handy.

SilverRider: Hope you find your lost plot bunny (or it finds you)

Comment

nope you ain't alone!! i TRIED letting one see the light of day one time, but it didn't last long out there.... i may try again sometime though!! good luck on yours!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X