This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kathrine Langford turns out to be an Ancient that was working to help
    humans get "out there"; she died because they finally defeated the Goa'uld.
    I may tie this in eventually with a story of the aftermath of a massive secret
    offensive against the remnants of the Goa'uld forces (sort of like the Battle of
    the Bulge, except Goa'uld/Jaffa/Human slaves are getting slaughtered). SG-1
    is taken in when their expertise with Ancient tech is required when Atum's (kathrine's real name) ship is found on one of the planets. Egyptian creation
    myth, BNBN stone turns out to be that ship, which Ra originally took the persona
    after slaves he had on that planet started worshiping Atum's ship (BNBN stone).

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
      Spoilers for season 9 regarding a non-shippy Sam and Cam.
      Spoiler:
      What if Sam and Cam know each other so well because they are first cousins? Cameron is Sam's favorite Uncle Irving's son(Uncle Irving, from Urgo). Maybe a cool back-story would revolve around Cam's worrying that he might screw up and Sam wouldn't be there to rescue the situation. Why would he say that? Does he have first hand experience at screwing up and Sam helping him out?
      Okay, so how do we do this?

I haven't read much Stargate fanfic and wouldn't write any at this point, because even though I've seen most of the episodes, I don't feel I could do the characters justice.

But the scenerio you mentioned, I thought I could do, so I did. Now where do I put it so you can read it?

I'll wander through this area of the forum and maybe I'll figure it out.

Okay, I figured it out. Here it is [or was this just the link for me to check it out?]

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...rweekends.html
      Last edited by ChillinTheMost; 24 August 2005, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
        Okay, so how do we do this?

I haven't read much Stargate fanfic and wouldn't write any at this point, because even though I've seen most of the episodes, I don't feel I could do the characters justice.

But the scenerio you mentioned, I thought I could do, so I did. Now where do I put it so you can read it?

I'll wander through this area of the forum and maybe I'll figure it out.

Okay, I figured it out. Here it is [or was this just the link for me to check it out?]

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...rweekends.html
        OH nice fic, got another chapter in WIP???

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRider
          OH nice fic, got another chapter in WIP???
          Thanks, SilverRider! I don't have anything else right now. I'm not good at coming up with the ideas, even if my stuff is generally plot-lite!

Comment

Originally posted by Thek
            I wanted to write this plot bunny, but its been sitting idle in my head for about three months now.

Okay the plot bunny went like this, the SGA team are exploring a planet when they run into a Wraith child, whose caretaker is a female human that looks around 50 or so. However, she is actually only 25, has been willingly feeding the child Wraith for a few years now, and has developed a maternal relationship with the kid as well.

And the entire story was to evolve around the moral issues concerning what to do with the Wraith child, the opposing veiws that would arise, explore the idea that the Wraith aren't actually evil, but are just living creatures that want to live, and a team developing fic.

However, I could never get the idea to evolve with in character characters.
            I wonder if TPTB read this thread, because that's
            Spoiler:
            "Instinct"
            almost exactly!

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Thanks, SilverRider! I don't have anything else right now. I'm not good at coming up with the ideas, even if my stuff is generally plot-lite!
              hehe I get tons of ideas only few make it to an acutal fic But the ones that are WIP, i get no ideas for them

Comment

*has fic bunnies bouncing around*

anyone want some???

Stargate Minor Awards

Creator of Checkett!

Comment

Just tell us what you have I'll see if can take any

BTW yuor the same Seanait from Fanfiction.net right?

Welcome to GateWorld!!!!!!

Comment

Hey, Chillin, KWEL!
                    Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                    "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                    One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                    resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                    confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                    A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                    The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard
                      Originally posted by Thek
                      I wanted to write this plot bunny, but its been sitting idle in my head for about three months now.

Okay the plot bunny went like this, the SGA team are exploring a planet when they run into a Wraith child, whose caretaker is a female human that looks around 50 or so. However, she is actually only 25, has been willingly feeding the child Wraith for a few years now, and has developed a maternal relationship with the kid as well.

And the entire story was to evolve around the moral issues concerning what to do with the Wraith child, the opposing veiws that would arise, explore the idea that the Wraith aren't actually evil, but are just living creatures that want to live, and a team developing fic.

However, I could never get the idea to evolve with in character characters.

I wonder if TPTB read this thread, because that's
                      Spoiler:
                      "Instinct"
                      almost exactly!
                      As soon as I watched the eppy I thought the SAME THING!!

AT
                      thistledown
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Beatrice

Second, I know the Broca fics have been done to death. You know, the one where Jack doesn't push Sam off, she gets pregnant, yadda yadda. But most of those end up syrupy sweet and disgusting. I would like to see something realistic about it--they know very little about each other, both are very strong-willed, and can be abrasive. Sam resents having to transfer to a desk job because one of them has to transfer and she, being pregnant, can't go out into the field. Even though she knows (intellectually) that it's not Jack's fault and she was the logical choice, that doesn't change how she feels. Then there's Jacob, who doesn't yet know about the SG program and is very protective of his daughter. I'd like Sam and Jack to end up together in the end, but don't make it easy on them, eh? Also, this situation is not one that could realistically be fixed over night; it should take them some time to work through. If for some reason the story lasts through the beginning of season two, I'd like to see Jacob still end up with Selmak, if at all possible, as the pair of them were my favorite characters and I'm not up to the trauma of seeing them die again.

Um... I was thinking of adpoting this one and changing few things, such as rather than transfering i was going to have her leave, without leaving a forwarding contact. Then say...about 18 yrs later.....have her son/daughter come looking for Jack. Then play the years as a flashbacks

Since this is your idea let me know if you approve.

Comment

Okay, had this Shep plot bunny milling around for a while but don't think I can do t justice. I got the idea from a discussion of bad stories ideas and fics where the characters suddenly had a child never previously mentioned. Yeah, cliche but I got to thinking how could it be done without being so cliched and bad - might not have got there but this is the plot I came up with. I don't really want to write it as I'm no good at Shep and haven't the time to try - it's one of those fic where it could turn out bad but could I believe also be great if the right person did it.

Basic idea is it covers some of his backstory, the friends from 'Home' deaths. Catch is that it wasn't just so simple as they died but one had a fiance. Shep feels guilt over the guys death, and as she's a good friend too he grieves with her. Cue the cliched bit of him getting entangled with her but it being just wrong for both of them and then they go there separate ways, and Shep eventually goes to Atlantis, giving her little thought because it's all in the past. The starting point for this should however be set in season 2 and Shep's return to Earth - finding it a bit more complicated than he'd have liked when he drops in to visit her after years and finds she has a very young daughter. The true story of what happened plus the bits Shep didn't know of unfold in subsequent dealings.

It's not meant to be ship fic at all, since there's no love here. Grief, angst, confusion. She didn't tell him because she was fooling herself into thinking it was her fiances child even though deep down she knew it couldn't be - most in the families of her and her fiance don't see any resemblance to Shep but it is complicated by the fact most of them knew him well enough but she doesn't want anyone other than him to know, nor does she specifically want his help or involvement. Also thought this development could tide well for clouding Shep's season 2 events - a few people I know suggested he was suffering from guilt in s1 and hence the suicide mission deal and so you could see s2 and less of that as changed because of this.

I don't know. I think it has potential but I don't think I can draw it out enough, so hoping someone will like it and take it and make something great out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRider
                            Um... I was thinking of adpoting this one and changing few things, such as rather than transfering i was going to have her leave, without leaving a forwarding contact. Then say...about 18 yrs later.....have her son/daughter come looking for Jack. Then play the years as a flashbacks

Since this is your idea let me know if you approve.
                            Well, it's not my place to say what happens to the plot bunny after it gets adopted. I will say, however, that I can't picture Carter running away from the Air Force; I've read fics like that and it's always a struggle to suspend disbelief. If you write it, please put a link here so's I can find it.
                            My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
                            -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
                            -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
                            -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

Doesn't anybody else have any plot bunnies to share? Even if none of them get turned into fics, they're always interesting to imagine.
                              My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
                              -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
                              -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
                              -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

hey guys what u think of this , ive kinda had this idea for a while, its more for u writers who like lots of dialogue, its set maybe end s10

sam and daniel are taken prisioner on a mission there really is no hope of them bein rescued and they know this
                                there sitting in a small cell really dark just a little light from a small window,
                                there sittin there havin accepted there fate and talking about there lives what they've missed out on what they've achieved:

sam: you ever think you've missed out daniel
                                daniel: missed out?
                                sam: ye on life
                                etc

the things they regret, the things they've come to love over the years

just a really hearthfelt discussion between two friends who have shared and seen so much

but this cant have a happy ending either both die or one does

what ye think

crap or really crap??

Comment

Working...
                                X