• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll find that plot bunny...even if I have to hunt it down....*evil laugh*

Only if I can remember which way it went

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      Atlantis plot bunny.

At some point in S1, Ford gets implanted with a Wraith tracking device, which is one of the ways that the Wraith are managing to home in on the team... and the city. When the Atlantis crew figures this out, Ford escapes and decides to rough it on his own in order to protect the people of Atlantis. He's on his own, with limited resources, trying to outrun not just the Wraith, but his teammates as well, who are trying to find him and bring him back to Atlantis so they can find a way to get the chip out of his head.
      Gee, Shadow, looks like someone at Bridge Studios adopted your plot bunny....
      Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
      "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
      One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
      resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
      confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
      A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
      The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Thek
        I wanted to write this plot bunny, but its been sitting idle in my head for about three months now.

Okay the plot bunny went like this, the SGA team are exploring a planet when they run into a Wraith child, whose caretaker is a female human that looks around 50 or so. However, she is actually only 25, has been willingly feeding the child Wraith for a few years now, and has developed a maternal relationship with the kid as well.

And the entire story was to evolve around the moral issues concerning what to do with the Wraith child, the opposing veiws that would arise, explore the idea that the Wraith aren't actually evil, but are just living creatures that want to live, and a team developing fic.

However, I could never get the idea to evolve with in character characters.

This. Is. Terrific!

That sort of story is, to my mind, what SF is all about.

Write it, Thek. Please!
        Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
        "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
        One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
        resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
        confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
        A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
        The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

I think one of my plot bunnies is slowly growing up. I plotted the story, made character notes and a history. Quite proud of myself, this may actually go somewhere.

Now if only I spent that much time developing my uni essays I'd be set.

Comment

I have a very, very, messed up blot bunny, one that is set in the future, and, like mentioned, is messed up.

Somehow, Baal gets a queen, and that's all nice, but the thing is, the host is from Earth, and a child of one of the vairious pairings around. ( Sam and Jack, really, but any shall do ) But the thing that stumped me was, how did she get to be his queen? Is the queen much like the Tok'ra, in that she shares the body with the host? Is she only a queen for the purpose of producing symbiotes for Treton(sp?) for the Jaffa? Why did Baal agree to having her be his queen in the first place?

Like mentioned, it's messed up, I'd like to do it, but Muse hasn't been doing much lately.

Comment

This LiveJournal icon amused me so I thought I'de share it with all the writers searching/breeding/disowning their bunnies.

*pets the bunny* All that's missing is the evil glint in it's eye.
              Last edited by joanne1138; 12 March 2005, 07:32 AM. Reason: Note to self: People can not read my mind. Can they...?
              ~Percussive Maintenance - The fine art of repeatedly whacking an electronic device to get it to work again.~

Think before you hit 'Post': Friends may come and go but enemies accumulate. *sigh*

My LiveJournal: watch me babble about Stargate and life in general here.

Comment

Originally posted by joanne1138
                This LiveJournal icon amused me so I thought I'de share it with all the writers searching/breeding/disowning their bunnies.

Eeep. Pitty I don't like LiveJournal. I'm more of a Blogger person myself. Who knows, I might join again.

Comment

Originally posted by joanne1138

what a cutie.....*falls in love with the plot bunny pic*

Comment

Here's a plot bunny that popped up after watching Mobieus. I would love to write it myself, but i never seem to get very far with writing stories, so i'm willing to donate it to a good home.
                    Spoiler:
                    The story would revolve around original Daniel and AU Jack, Sam and Teal'c. They succeeded in starting a rebellion and burying the stargate, but what do they do now? If they live out the rest of their lives in Egypt, they'll probably have an effect on the timeline. But they still have the gate-ship, so they could use it to travel to any time in their future.

Now the story could go a number of ways:
                    1) They pop up at some point during the last 8 years (counting back from now). Either to change some pivotal event (but Sam might object) or they pop up at that time by accident. Then they could either change what happens, making the story AU. Or (more interesting but difficult to write) it could somehow be that they are somehow the cause of one of the lucky accidents that that mean that have happened through the series.

2) They pop up sometime after the fishing scene in Mobieus. Meet themselves? Go to Atlantis? Do something vital that ties in with season 9?

The story could continue the alternate Jack/Sam ship, and also deal with an element i felt was missing from Mobieus: Daniel's feelings on seeing alternate versions of his long-dead friends. The plotline would require a lot of thought - don't you just love time-travel paradoxes? - but i think it could work.

Anyway, what do you think? If you want to use it, or a part of it, tell me because i'd love to see how it turns out.

PS- If it seems familiar then thats probably because i posted the general idea on the mobieus thread a while ago.

McKay: In military parlance surprise... is an element on our side.

Comment

Here are some ideas that i am using in my fan fics

A)The gate goes public
                      B)An asasination attempt
                      C)Following the prometheous
                      D)Finding the furlings
                      E)what if Kinsey never died
                      F)Officaly becoming the 5th race
                      G)Fishing
                      sigpic

Comment

I though I found my davis Bunny, it was the wrong one. I have a Evil davis plot bunny if anyone wants to adopt it.

Comment

The Mobius plotline is something that I have been itching to write for a long, long time, but I'm better at doing moment bits and one shots.

And the Sam and Jack relationship in that one is just very, very, very funny and nice.

Must... write... soon....

Comment

Originally posted by Questionable
                            Must... write... soon....
                            hehe...I know how that is...soo many plots, so little time

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRider
                              hehe...I know how that is...soo many plots, so little time
                              Yes. Or that you can't write a single thing. Or anything besides One shots.

And me would also like to know what happed during that
                              Spoiler:
                              year or so that Sam and Jack were left in Egypt before they got killed

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                                This. Is. Terrific!

That sort of story is, to my mind, what SF is all about.

Write it, Thek. Please!

I want to, I really do...but my brain's fried on how the characters would react.

*hugs the plot bunny* If I love you, will you grow?
                                *Insert something really cool here*

Comment

Working...
                                X