Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    Riding her scooty throne in the Poking Land

Default Re: Plot Bunny Adoption

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinTheMost
    Thanks, SilverRider! I don't have anything else right now. I'm not good at coming up with the ideas, even if my stuff is generally plot-lite!
    hehe I get tons of ideas only few make it to an acutal fic But the ones that are WIP, i get no ideas for them

*has fic bunnies bouncing around*

anyone want some???

Just tell us what you have I'll see if can take any

BTW yuor the same Seanait from Fanfiction.net right?

Welcome to GateWorld!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinTheMost
    Hey, Chillin, KWEL!
    Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
    "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
    One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
    resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
    confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
    A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
    The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Chief Master Sergeant thistledown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CeeKay Sheppard
    Quote Originally Posted by Thek
    I wanted to write this plot bunny, but its been sitting idle in my head for about three months now.

Okay the plot bunny went like this, the SGA team are exploring a planet when they run into a Wraith child, whose caretaker is a female human that looks around 50 or so. However, she is actually only 25, has been willingly feeding the child Wraith for a few years now, and has developed a maternal relationship with the kid as well.

And the entire story was to evolve around the moral issues concerning what to do with the Wraith child, the opposing veiws that would arise, explore the idea that the Wraith aren't actually evil, but are just living creatures that want to live, and a team developing fic.

However, I could never get the idea to evolve with in character characters.

I wonder if TPTB read this thread, because that's
    Spoiler:
    "Instinct"
    almost exactly!
    As soon as I watched the eppy I thought the SAME THING!!

AT

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice

Second, I know the Broca fics have been done to death. You know, the one where Jack doesn't push Sam off, she gets pregnant, yadda yadda. But most of those end up syrupy sweet and disgusting. I would like to see something realistic about it--they know very little about each other, both are very strong-willed, and can be abrasive. Sam resents having to transfer to a desk job because one of them has to transfer and she, being pregnant, can't go out into the field. Even though she knows (intellectually) that it's not Jack's fault and she was the logical choice, that doesn't change how she feels. Then there's Jacob, who doesn't yet know about the SG program and is very protective of his daughter. I'd like Sam and Jack to end up together in the end, but don't make it easy on them, eh? Also, this situation is not one that could realistically be fixed over night; it should take them some time to work through. If for some reason the story lasts through the beginning of season two, I'd like to see Jacob still end up with Selmak, if at all possible, as the pair of them were my favorite characters and I'm not up to the trauma of seeing them die again.

Um... I was thinking of adpoting this one and changing few things, such as rather than transfering i was going to have her leave, without leaving a forwarding contact. Then say...about 18 yrs later.....have her son/daughter come looking for Jack. Then play the years as a flashbacks

Since this is your idea let me know if you approve.

Okay, had this Shep plot bunny milling around for a while but don't think I can do t justice. I got the idea from a discussion of bad stories ideas and fics where the characters suddenly had a child never previously mentioned. Yeah, cliche but I got to thinking how could it be done without being so cliched and bad - might not have got there but this is the plot I came up with. I don't really want to write it as I'm no good at Shep and haven't the time to try - it's one of those fic where it could turn out bad but could I believe also be great if the right person did it.

Basic idea is it covers some of his backstory, the friends from 'Home' deaths. Catch is that it wasn't just so simple as they died but one had a fiance. Shep feels guilt over the guys death, and as she's a good friend too he grieves with her. Cue the cliched bit of him getting entangled with her but it being just wrong for both of them and then they go there separate ways, and Shep eventually goes to Atlantis, giving her little thought because it's all in the past. The starting point for this should however be set in season 2 and Shep's return to Earth - finding it a bit more complicated than he'd have liked when he drops in to visit her after years and finds she has a very young daughter. The true story of what happened plus the bits Shep didn't know of unfold in subsequent dealings.

It's not meant to be ship fic at all, since there's no love here. Grief, angst, confusion. She didn't tell him because she was fooling herself into thinking it was her fiances child even though deep down she knew it couldn't be - most in the families of her and her fiance don't see any resemblance to Shep but it is complicated by the fact most of them knew him well enough but she doesn't want anyone other than him to know, nor does she specifically want his help or involvement. Also thought this development could tide well for clouding Shep's season 2 events - a few people I know suggested he was suffering from guilt in s1 and hence the suicide mission deal and so you could see s2 and less of that as changed because of this.

I don't know. I think it has potential but I don't think I can draw it out enough, so hoping someone will like it and take it and make something great out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverRider
    Um... I was thinking of adpoting this one and changing few things, such as rather than transfering i was going to have her leave, without leaving a forwarding contact. Then say...about 18 yrs later.....have her son/daughter come looking for Jack. Then play the years as a flashbacks

Since this is your idea let me know if you approve.
    Well, it's not my place to say what happens to the plot bunny after it gets adopted. I will say, however, that I can't picture Carter running away from the Air Force; I've read fics like that and it's always a struggle to suspend disbelief. If you write it, please put a link here so's I can find it.
    My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
    -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
    -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
    -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Doesn't anybody else have any plot bunnies to share? Even if none of them get turned into fics, they're always interesting to imagine.
    My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
    -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
    -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
    -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Smile Re: Plot Bunny Adoption

hey guys what u think of this , ive kinda had this idea for a while, its more for u writers who like lots of dialogue, its set maybe end s10

sam and daniel are taken prisioner on a mission there really is no hope of them bein rescued and they know this
    there sitting in a small cell really dark just a little light from a small window,
    there sittin there havin accepted there fate and talking about there lives what they've missed out on what they've achieved:

sam: you ever think you've missed out daniel
    daniel: missed out?
    sam: ye on life
    etc

the things they regret, the things they've come to love over the years

just a really hearthfelt discussion between two friends who have shared and seen so much

but this cant have a happy ending either both die or one does

what ye think

crap or really crap??

Chief Master Sergeant thistledown's Avatar

Hey there!

This isn't really a plot bunny, but ......

As a huge Carson fan, I've been VERY disappointed lately with how little his character had been appearing on screen. He wasn't even IN the last two episodes! Then I thought it might be a sort of golden opportunity for anyone who wants to write Carson fics.

What was he doing during the last few eppys? Sort of a retelling of them from his perspective. Just the occasional "intrusion" by a passing character reminding the reader what episode is going on.

Just a thought!

AT

I love this thread. You guys have got some really great ideas here. Most of my plot bunnies, I end up raising myself. Several of them grew into my first fanfic "Existence". Some of those plot bunnies included "What happened to Ernest?", "What if the Catherine from Ernest's imagination in Torment of Tantalus wasn't really his imagination, but rather an alien?", & "What ever happened to the Furlings?". It's published on a friend of mine's site. I've debated on whether or not to post in on GW as well, mainly because there's a nod in there to the ASGC: Asgard Stargate Command, a fan club for the Asgard on the SciFi boards. I don't know how many people here would get that.

I'm currently nurturing another plot bunny that is turning into quite the killer rabbit. It deals with Janus, alternate realities, alternate universes and the son of Daniel Jackson. This one's going to take me awhile.

In the meantime, if someone would like to give a home to another of my little plot bunnies before it turns into a dust bunny... What ever happened to Urgo/Togar after SG1 left?
    My Depth Is Immaterial To This Conversation...

Quote Originally Posted by contact2918
    In the meantime, if someone would like to give a home to another of my little plot bunnies before it turns into a dust bunny... What ever happened to Urgo/Togar after SG1 left?

you might wanna feed this bunny more food

Ok, SGA Thanksgiving plot bunny here. It's that time of the year but the Atlanteans find that the Pegasus galaxy equivalent of a turkey is for some reason sacred. Something to do with beliefs Ancients could change into animals and that it was their favourite form. I'm sure there needs to be a twist to that... *evil grin* Just a nice way to talk about the culture and Athosians relative to Thanksgiving. Sadly I don't have time for this one and my hearts not in it, but I do hope someone feeds it because I'd love to read it.
    Last edited by Purpleyin; October 12th, 2005 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleyin
    Ok, SGA Thanksgiving plot bunny here. It's that time of the year but the Atlanteans find that the Pegasus galaxy equivalent of a turkey is for some reason sacred. Something to do with beliefs Ancients could change into animals and tat it was their favourite form. I'm sure there needs to be a twist to that... *evil grin* Just a nice way to talk about the culture and Athosians relative to Thanksgiving. Sadly I don't have time for this one and my hearts not in it, but I do hope someone feeds it because I'd love to read it.
    That's an interesting idea. Oh, the possibilities! Unfortunately, I too, don't have time to do it. Got three other stories in the works and not enough time for those as it is. Hope someone picks this up! It could be really cool!
    "There's no point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes." ~Doctor Who, Robot~

SGA Fanfiction

you might wanna feed this bunny more food
    Oh, you need more details? Sorry, most of my plot bunnies are born as questions like that, then I start feeding them thier "what if" brand protien pellets only once I commit to raising them.

How about this... The people of Togar's planet now think that he has gone insane because of Urgo, which with Urgo always yapping insidie his head isn't too far from the truth. They want to put him into some sort of an asylum. Togar's only hope to remain free is to venture out into the galaxy through the stargate. Perhaps Urgo even develops the ability to completely take over control of Togar's body.

Quote Originally Posted by contact2918
    Oh, you need more details? Sorry, most of my plot bunnies are born as questions like that, then I start feeding them thier "what if" brand protien pellets only once I commit to raising them.

How about this... The people of Togar's planet now think that he has gone insane because of Urgo, which with Urgo always yapping insidie his head isn't too far from the truth. They want to put him into some sort of an asylum. Togar's only hope to remain free is to venture out into the galaxy through the stargate. Perhaps Urgo even develops the ability to completely take over control of Togar's body.

Yes, more details. I like it, I can see the comical exchanges between Togar and Urgo.

I would love to adopt it, I already have adopted one from here, I'm hoping the bunny will start play. If I can get all my bunnies taken care off, I might take this one.

Yes, more details. I like it, I can see the comical exchanges between Togar and Urgo.

I would love to adopt it, I already have adopted one from here, I'm hoping the bunny will start play. If I can get all my bunnies taken care off, I might take this one.
    Cool. Be sure to let me know if you do.

Well got linked here so thought 'might as well post it here to'. A plot idea i had which i may actually get back to doing but might as well keep it in a place so it would remind me.

Its more like a virtual series but here goes:
    Stargate: Frontier
    Characters
    -Good SG-12
    -Bad Thaloc/Stragoth Swarm
    Setting: Milky Way Galaxy; Echo Site, Series 9 era
    Series Info: The team are exploring and discover that an alien race is planning an galactic invasion of the galaxy. With the growing Ori threat, SG-12 have been tasked with the job of gaining more information as Earth's resources are stretched to the limit. Furthermore, several Senators do not believe that such a threat exists. Based on the Echo Site, an offworld colony, SG-12 learn that the threat is very real and quickly approaching.
    The Team: Colonel Jessica Renold's, Major Eric Masterson, Captain Clare Tobias, Nyan and Ke'ra (comes a lot later)

Got a lot more then that..........

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

I'd love to see a story set during 'Scorched Earth' where Lotan's answer to Daniel's question whether he knew of another planet suitable for the Enkarans was "No".