I have one idea for an sg-1 fic which I'd be interested to see what someone could do with it. I do reserve the right to do my own version eventually if I want, but the probability of that ain't very high
Anyway, the idea is basically for a new Goa'uld: Tezcatlipoca, the Aztec God of the Smoking Mirror. He was a god of war, beauty, and temptations who was the archenemy of Quetzalcoatl (the Giant Alien we met in "Crystal Skull").
Some interesting possibilities the story could touch on:
- Explain the giant aliens
- Return of Nick Jackson
- Return of Zipacna ("Pretense") who is also from central american mythology
- The Smoking Mirror technology; Tezcatlipoca is called the god of the smoking mirror because of an obsidian mirror he wore on his chest in which he could see all the thoughts and deeds of men
- The lesser evil concept; Tezcatlipoca was really harsh in lots of ways, but he was also sometimes considered a champion of righteousness. He was said to punish wrongdoing (although, often he tempted the person into doing the wrong to begin with) and he rewarded goodness with riches and prosperity. He was also called the protector of slaves and masters who mistreated "Tezcatlipoca's beloved children" were severely punished.
- The Jaguar Guards; a fun chance for a new Jaffa culture with a different dynamic
- The truce idea; In legend, Tezcatlipoca ruled over the First World until it was destroyed by Quetzalcoatl. Then Quetzalcoatl ruled over the second world until Tezcatlipoca returned and destroyed it. After two others got a shot, Tezcatlipoca and Quetzalcoatl decided to work together to restore creation.