This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plot Bunny Adoption

Is there one of these already? If there is I can't find it. (Please point my to a thread like this if you know of one)

I get weird plot bunnies. Not so much ideas as... summary-ish things. Or first paragraphs. Or blurbs. I have never written one of them. I probably never will.

Anyone else out there like that and feels the need to share? Anyone out there who wants to adopt the poor lil bunnies, if they turn up?
    ~Percussive Maintenance - The fine art of repeatedly whacking an electronic device to get it to work again.~

Think before you hit 'Post': Friends may come and go but enemies accumulate. *sigh*

My LiveJournal: watch me babble about Stargate and life in general here.

I'm about to ask a dumb question here: what's a plot bunny?

Comment

a plot bunny is a story idea

maybe just a sentence, maybe a paragraph, or beginning
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Ahhhh... okie dokie...

Thanks...

Comment

a plot bunny could be

what if sam didn't visit cassie in ITLOD
          what if jack didn't stop jacob in Meridian
          what if jack got hathor's goauld
          what if Aiden took Sam as a hostage in Forsaken

it's an idea to kick start a fic

anyone have any? it doesn't have to be anything deep or complicated. two years ago a plot bunny was 'what if the sgc's phone number got printed as a santa hotline'

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            what if jack didn't stop jacob in Meridian
            I read that one somewhere. It was kinda sad.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
              Thee all example's from Skydiver's site. "Emerald City" Very good writing. I've favourtised it too.
              sigpic
              Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
                it was meant to be sad

sigpic

Comment

This one followed me home from King Harry Arkan's world.

Since it's a season eight ep along with elements from Atlantis eps this plot bunny is a white rabbit....

Spoiler:
                  Harry's trusted lieutenant (the actress billed as "servant" in the credits), is actually a fellow of Janus' secret Ancient time-travelling historical type society. She returned to this planet around the same time Maybourne did, and watched as he altered the past, by actually convincing the townsfolk to move out of the way of what were deadly flodwaters the first time it happened and she stuck around.

Here's how I see some of the details working out. If anyone wants to actually adopt the bunny, you might not want to read this next part.

Spoiler:
                  The Ancient historian cloaked her timeship against the practiced eyes of the native hunters. When Teal'c came near, she uncloaked it for him, she also remotely opened the door and turned on the lights for these three humans who lacked the gene needed to activate the ship's controls(optional - depends on your understanding of how the gene works).

The butterfly effect being what it is, though, Mayborne's actions to save the townsfolk have altered how the future will play out, but the Ancient has become attached to these people. She decides that she has to nudge things along toward another happy ending, and only steps in when it becomes obvious that Jack wants to blow up the timeship. This is definately not what happened the first time.

Later, when Harry comes clean and tells them he doesn't deserve to be their king, she is the one who steps forward and asks where the medicine, laws, irrigations systems, etc came from, knowing full well that they were not written on the stones.
                  Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                  "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                  One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                  resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                  confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                  A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                  The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

SG-1 are on the Prometheus when it is used as a carryall to take a mining rig to the asteroid from Fail Safe. Only they get there to find that someone has already started fitting an engine into the asteroid. Earth wants the naquadah, but it is not just a power source but a home to a tribe of worldless travellers, and then Anubis' sends a ship to get his rock back...
                    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Atlantis plot bunny.

At some point in S1, Ford gets implanted with a Wraith tracking device, which is one of the ways that the Wraith are managing to home in on the team... and the city. When the Atlantis crew figures this out, Ford escapes and decides to rough it on his own in order to protect the people of Atlantis. He's on his own, with limited resources, trying to outrun not just the Wraith, but his teammates as well, who are trying to find him and bring him back to Atlantis so they can find a way to get the chip out of his head.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                        Atlantis plot bunny.

At some point in S1, Ford gets implanted with a Wraith tracking device, which is one of the ways that the Wraith are managing to home in on the team... and the city. When the Atlantis crew figures this out, Ford escapes and decides to rough it on his own in order to protect the people of Atlantis. He's on his own, with limited resources, trying to outrun not just the Wraith, but his teammates as well, who are trying to find him and bring him back to Atlantis so they can find a way to get the chip out of his head.
                        Dibs!
                        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Stargate SG-1 shippy bunny. I'm a pragmatic shipper. I this idea would make both shipper and non-shippers happy. It would be loads of fun to write, but I'm not very good with mushy stuff. I hope you guys/gals like it, and feel free to adopt it!

Stargate SG-1 "Fragile Balance"
                          Spoiler:

Introduction: "Fragile Balance" occurs just as it does until we reach the scene where Thor states that he is not sure he can cure Young Jack. Here is where the fic diverges from canon...Instead of being able to cure Young Jack directly, Thor needs to create another clone to monitor it's growth so he can determine exactly what he need to do to cure Young Jack.

Thor: In order to stablize the adolescent O'Neill's genetic structure, I will need to use Loki's equipment to create another clone so that I can monitor it's development and isolate what gene sequences need to be repaired, and how to repair them.

O'Neill: Whoa! Hold on! You mean there's going to be two little me's running around!

Thor: If the procedure is successful, then yes, both of your clones will survive and live the average human life-span.

O'Neill: C'mon Thor, isn't there something else you could do, anything else...magnets?

Thor: Without a frame of reference it would be statistically impossible for me to know how to repair the flaw.

Young Jack: We're talking about my life here...

Sam: [interrupting] Thor, does the clone have to be of Colonel O'Neill?

Thor: What are you suggesting?

Sam: Clone me.

Both Jacks look up in surprise.

Sam: If you implant me with the same safeguard that you placed in Colonel O'Neill's genetic structure, and then cloned me, you should be able to use that information to save Colonel O'Neill's clone.

Thor: It is possible, though the individual is different, human genetic structure similar enough on a basic level that I should be able derive the necessary information from your clone, Major Carter.

Carter looks up at Jack with a soft, knowing smile, waiting for him to respond. Jack suppresses a similar but almost envious look on his face. Young Jack make little effort to hide the fact that he is pleased. Jack nods in approval.

Sam: Okay, let's get started.

Cut to van scene outside of the high school...this takes place much as it does in canon, but with Jack and Sam in the front seat, and Young Jack and Young Sam in the back.

Whoever adopts this bunny can add the farewell dialogue.

As Sam and Jack drive away, Young Sam and Young Jack look at each other and smile. To the same soft fade-out music they played at the end of "Lost City," we see Young Jack and Sam walk away.

Jack's hand slowly moves toward Sam's. Their fingertips find each other and then we fade to the credits.

Awwww...

Now someone adopt this bunny so we can find out what happens to Young Jack and Young Sam.

Comment

Comment

So.... more plot bunnies anyone? I adopted one a while back and it worked out great... could use more

Comment

Working...
                              X