Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Plot Bunny Adoption

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMaat
    The talk on the "kill someone off" thread got me to thinking...

I have an idea for a Zelenka-centric fic. I'm figuring most of it would be told through journal entries or in scenes FROM journal entries detailing what happens when McKay is killed in an accident/fight and how Zelenka suddenly finds himself thrust into position as "primary expert on all things Ancient" and how he deals with the stress, the feelings of inadequacy, the communication hiccups, his "survivor's guilt", all his remeniscing on McKay and how they always fought but Zelenka actually respected him a great deal and misses him terribly, blah blah blah and he wishes he could find a way to go back and stop the accident... and then wrap it up with Zelenka looking over his journal when McKay comes in and says something obnoxious... basically, the journal appeared mysteriously or was discovered somewhere, all written in Czech, so Zelenka was given the job of translating it. When asked, he dismisses it all as "just a diary", but when the situation that led to McKay's death arises (probably the point when McKay comes in and snarks at him), Zelenka volunteers instead. And hey, with his foreknowledge of what happens, chances are he can maybe avoid whatever happened to McKay.
    What a cute lil bunny! Has anyone adopted it yet? If not, I'd like to--my muse is already chirping.
    It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor
    --Sandman "The Kindly Ones"

"Security clearance?"

Quote Originally Posted by Verthandi
    What a cute lil bunny! Has anyone adopted it yet? If not, I'd like to--my muse is already chirping.
    You're welcome to try. MC will be disappointed at being denied the chance to turn it into a slash fic, but who cares about her, anyway? *ducks MC's almighty spoon*

Honolulu with Chopsticks!Ba'al, thunking ded...

ooh! there's some bunnies in here i'd love to see as a story esp. the nice atlantis and baal () ones... *hopes someone adopts them*

i've recently discovered several plot bunnies, but they all come out of the baal/sam shipper part of my brain and most of them (well, ok, pretty much all of them) involve some smut... so i think they'll prob'ly just live happily ever after caged up in the baal/sam shipper part of my brain but i might put them into a nice shelter for adoption if someone REALLY wants to know any of them... yeah... didn't think so...

Lieutenant Colonel Blue Banrigh's Avatar

Can I ask how to encourage my plot bunnies (I have three hanging around)?

I understand what they are telling me, I can imagine what happens (usually in that state between sleep and awake) but everytime I try to write them down, they become difficult.

you can imagine great stories when you're going to sleep too?? yay and *phew*!!! it's not just me!!!... i can never write them down either i've tried a couple times, but it always sounds WAY better in my head, and as soon as i go to write i get completely awake again and can't think as creatively... [doctor mode]maybe it has something to do with being completely relaxed so the mind can be free to be creative setting up for creative dream state [/doctor mode]

so i second that query here's hopin there's just a secret we don't know about

Not got any plot bunnies to put up for adoption but thought some of the people asking aobut them might like this.

"On the Feeding And Care of Creativity Demons" (AKA plot bunnies around here)
    http://home.earthlink.net/~eilonwy/writings/demons.htm

Riding her scooty throne in the Poking Land

I recently lost one plot bunny *wails* and it a suppose to be a good Davis plot bunny *cries*

awww... a davis one too!! and there's such a lack of really good davis fics...

*crosses fingers that SR will find that lost bunny...*

Quote Originally Posted by emily_reich
    you can imagine great stories when you're going to sleep too?? yay and *phew*!!! it's not just me!!!... i can never write them down either i've tried a couple times, but it always sounds WAY better in my head, and as soon as i go to write i get completely awake again and can't think as creatively... [doctor mode]maybe it has something to do with being completely relaxed so the mind can be free to be creative setting up for creative dream state [/doctor mode]

so i second that query here's hopin there's just a secret we don't know about
    Glad I'm not alone,

I'm trying to grow one of them... it's going slow but it's getting there. There is something actually resembling a story (I think). Hey it may even see the light of day sometime in the future.

That theory isn't too off. It sounds weird and I don't know why, but I'm so secretive when it comes to reading fan-fics. I read them alone, change windows when people walk by and the printouts are hidden underneath my bed.

I don't know why... I'm not ashamed of my fandom, I love telling people about Stargate... *shrugs*

Purpleyin: Thanks for the link for the caring of plot bunnies. I'm sure it'll come in handy.

SilverRider: Hope you find your lost plot bunny (or it finds you)

nope you ain't alone!! i TRIED letting one see the light of day one time, but it didn't last long out there.... i may try again sometime though!! good luck on yours!!!

I'll find that plot bunny...even if I have to hunt it down....*evil laugh*

Only if I can remember which way it went

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMaat
    Atlantis plot bunny.

At some point in S1, Ford gets implanted with a Wraith tracking device, which is one of the ways that the Wraith are managing to home in on the team... and the city. When the Atlantis crew figures this out, Ford escapes and decides to rough it on his own in order to protect the people of Atlantis. He's on his own, with limited resources, trying to outrun not just the Wraith, but his teammates as well, who are trying to find him and bring him back to Atlantis so they can find a way to get the chip out of his head.
    Gee, Shadow, looks like someone at Bridge Studios adopted your plot bunny....
    Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
    "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
    One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
    resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
    confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
    A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
    The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Quote Originally Posted by Thek
    I wanted to write this plot bunny, but its been sitting idle in my head for about three months now.

Okay the plot bunny went like this, the SGA team are exploring a planet when they run into a Wraith child, whose caretaker is a female human that looks around 50 or so. However, she is actually only 25, has been willingly feeding the child Wraith for a few years now, and has developed a maternal relationship with the kid as well.

And the entire story was to evolve around the moral issues concerning what to do with the Wraith child, the opposing veiws that would arise, explore the idea that the Wraith aren't actually evil, but are just living creatures that want to live, and a team developing fic.

However, I could never get the idea to evolve with in character characters.

This. Is. Terrific!

That sort of story is, to my mind, what SF is all about.

Write it, Thek. Please!
    Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
    "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
    One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
    resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
    confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
    A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
    The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

I think one of my plot bunnies is slowly growing up. I plotted the story, made character notes and a history. Quite proud of myself, this may actually go somewhere.

Now if only I spent that much time developing my uni essays I'd be set.

I have a very, very, messed up blot bunny, one that is set in the future, and, like mentioned, is messed up.

Somehow, Baal gets a queen, and that's all nice, but the thing is, the host is from Earth, and a child of one of the vairious pairings around. ( Sam and Jack, really, but any shall do ) But the thing that stumped me was, how did she get to be his queen? Is the queen much like the Tok'ra, in that she shares the body with the host? Is she only a queen for the purpose of producing symbiotes for Treton(sp?) for the Jaffa? Why did Baal agree to having her be his queen in the first place?

Like mentioned, it's messed up, I'd like to do it, but Muse hasn't been doing much lately.

Chief Master Sergeant joanne1138's Avatar

This LiveJournal icon amused me so I thought I'de share it with all the writers searching/breeding/disowning their bunnies.

*pets the bunny* All that's missing is the evil glint in it's eye.
    Last edited by joanne1138; March 12th, 2005 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Note to self: People can not read my mind. Can they...?
    ~Percussive Maintenance - The fine art of repeatedly whacking an electronic device to get it to work again.~

Think before you hit 'Post': Friends may come and go but enemies accumulate. *sigh*

My LiveJournal: watch me babble about Stargate and life in general here.

Quote Originally Posted by joanne1138
    This LiveJournal icon amused me so I thought I'de share it with all the writers searching/breeding/disowning their bunnies.

Eeep. Pitty I don't like LiveJournal. I'm more of a Blogger person myself. Who knows, I might join again.

Quote Originally Posted by joanne1138

what a cutie.....*falls in love with the plot bunny pic*

Lightbulb Re: Plot Bunny Adoption

Here's a plot bunny that popped up after watching Mobieus. I would love to write it myself, but i never seem to get very far with writing stories, so i'm willing to donate it to a good home.
    Spoiler:
    The story would revolve around original Daniel and AU Jack, Sam and Teal'c. They succeeded in starting a rebellion and burying the stargate, but what do they do now? If they live out the rest of their lives in Egypt, they'll probably have an effect on the timeline. But they still have the gate-ship, so they could use it to travel to any time in their future.

Now the story could go a number of ways:
    1) They pop up at some point during the last 8 years (counting back from now). Either to change some pivotal event (but Sam might object) or they pop up at that time by accident. Then they could either change what happens, making the story AU. Or (more interesting but difficult to write) it could somehow be that they are somehow the cause of one of the lucky accidents that that mean that have happened through the series.

2) They pop up sometime after the fishing scene in Mobieus. Meet themselves? Go to Atlantis? Do something vital that ties in with season 9?

The story could continue the alternate Jack/Sam ship, and also deal with an element i felt was missing from Mobieus: Daniel's feelings on seeing alternate versions of his long-dead friends. The plotline would require a lot of thought - don't you just love time-travel paradoxes? - but i think it could work.

Anyway, what do you think? If you want to use it, or a part of it, tell me because i'd love to see how it turns out.

PS- If it seems familiar then thats probably because i posted the general idea on the mobieus thread a while ago.
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32...-water-sig.jpg

McKay: In military parlance surprise... is an element on our side.

Here are some ideas that i am using in my fan fics

A)The gate goes public
    B)An asasination attempt
    C)Following the prometheous
    D)Finding the furlings
    E)what if Kinsey never died
    F)Officaly becoming the 5th race
    G)Fishing