This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Richard Dean Anderson, Now What Thread

Okay mr MacGuyver er I mean Gen O'Neil er I mean Mr Anderson, you have Pulled away ever so, from full time at Stargate command, You say you want to spend time with your kids, But for how long?? This is a place where we can all guess at how long RDA would stay away from acting, Either Stargate or a new Project, Does he even want to Act anymore? Is he Really THat Burned out?? My thinking is he may take the entire Season 9 off and return for season 10? The Final Season. producers have said They would like to end it at 10...So lets All surmise away, INDEED!

I think he likes doing documentary's as well.

Comment

Where did you read they want to end it at S 10 ?
      Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

I don't think they've said it anywhere. It's just speculation at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by D.C.
          I don't think they've said it anywhere. It's just speculation at the moment.

Speculation Indeed!
          Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

Indeed.

Comment

lloks like we've got a bunch of teal'c wannabes, here. hehehe. but on the subject of RDA and acting: he's been acting on TV for more than thrity years, and i dont exactly know how old he is, but i think i'd want to spend time with my family too. i he wants to leave, they should let him, and as for a season 10, well, i dont think so.

WOO HOO! 400th POST
              ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

"Stargate SG1" started with Richard Dean Anderson. And Mr. Anderson should be there at the end. It just wouldn't seem right without him. And there are two other reasons:

1.) The movie
                2.) He's an executive producer. He's got a stake in the show!

So, Mr. Anderson, take some time off, if you need it. I know you work long hours under hot lights. But as jobs go, come on! A lady chauffeur drives you to work! You get months off every year. You make great money. Stop whining!

And I'd miss you, too.
                Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
                  lloks like we've got a bunch of teal'c wannabes, here. hehehe. but on the subject of RDA and acting: he's been acting on TV for more than thrity years, and i dont exactly know how old he is, but i think i'd want to spend time with my family too. i he wants to leave, they should let him.
                  Indeed . The guy's in his fifties, and has a young daughter he wants to spend more time with. He's been on the same show for eight years. He would like to have time for stuff in his life besides his daughter and his work. I'd say he's earned a long and active retirement. I'd rather have him on SG-1, but it's his life we're talking about here.
                  My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
                  -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
                  -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
                  -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

Exactly. He's in his fifties! Last time I checked, that's well below retirement age, you youngin'.

Of course he can do what he wants. And his daughter is a cutey pie!

But I don't have to like it!
                    Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

I think it would be fine for RDA to take a bit of time off. Who wouldn't get a little tired of the same show for 8 years? So do it. Take a little hiatus, we don't mind we've seen so little of O'Neill for so many episodes a few more won't hurt anyone.

IF the worst happens and RDA doesn't sign on for Season 9 what would happen to Jack? That is the major problem. Would TPTB just kill him off ? Make him retire and completely rid himself of SGC entirely? That's what's scary. (I feel) the whole show is really built on O'Neill and Jackson, without Jackson, it can still go on pretty well, fine even. But without O'Neill, where's our humor? or bad jokes? smart alec comments? and general disregard for authority? I think that if RDA doesn't sign on for Season 9 at all, Stargate will fold. Sorry ! I just really feel like he is the center of the show. Without him, there really isn't much of a point of watching it; he is the strongest character. Without him, the rest are kind of lost.

But if he came on for limited episodes it would be a little like Season 7 and 8, and frankly I don't know if I could take another season like that. I miss the witty retorts and wry comebacks! Who else would irritate our favorite bad guys; Ba'al? Kinsey? I would have to say if there's no Jack, no RDA I will most likely stop watching the show.

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
                      -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers

Comment

I'm wondering how many episodes there were where Don S Davis only appeared in a few scenes, or not at all. It seems that, even though he was one of the stars, he really got very little screen time. Maybe they could work something with RDA for next season, as well.

We've heard the four episode number tossed out. They could make it four eps as the lead character, and a minor presence in most of the remaining episodes. I've read that they have often shot several episodes at the same time (they probably did that this season with 'Gemini' and 'Prometheus Unbound'). The shooting schedule could be works so that RDA only has to shoot for a day or two a week, or shoot several episodes worth of scenes at a time, giving him a few weeks off between shootings.

a time to mourn

Comment

Mr. Anderson will be 55 on Jan 23, 2005.
                          As an Executive Producer on Stargate, I'm fairly certain he puts in lots of hours off-camera. What he's trying to cut is 'screen time'. Time that requires him to be away from home and in Vancouver. He can do 'producer' stuff by computer from LA.
                          He has been on TV since 1976, 29 years. His daughter is 6 and he wants to be, at least, in the same city so he can be with her. The man does not NEED to work, IMO. I'm grateful that he chooses to work. As Wylie grows up, he may choose to work again. It is HIS life.
                          How many of you would choose to spend time with your families rather than be required to work? I know I would.
                          Anyway, I’m sorry but that just happens to be how I feel about it. What do you think? - Daniel Jackson (Window of Opportunity)
                          You're never too old to do something goofy.
                          sigpic
                          Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
                            We've heard the four episode number tossed out.
                            Indeed, we've heard that number, but only Michel Greenburg said it at a con. As long as I haven't heard the same thing from the man himself, I will doubt he'll even be present on those supposed 4 episodes.

Maybe somebody has heard something different, but I am like St Thomas there. Given his reasons for "retiring" - which I understand and support, despite being saddened that SG-1 would continue without him- I wouldn't bet a dime upon his return to the series.

I hope I am wrong, and that the negotiations with him are proceeding in the right sense, but the very fact that ben Browder has signed is rather worrisome regarding that subject, IMHO.
                            Sig pic courtesy of AmberMoon
                            ............oo0oo............

Comment

I certainly wouldn't bet on RDA being in more than 4 episodes. Especially now that BB has been signed. How much of a budget do they have to work with anyway??

As much as I've adored the character of Jack over the years, I think it may be time to let him (mostly) go. RDA seems bored with the role, at least in certain episodes. Let RDA go spend time with his daughter. He has his priorities straight. RDA's has given a lot of years to this series. More than I'm sure he ever intended.

I don't think we'll lose Jack completely. He'll still be mentioned. He may even pop up once in awhile.

In the meantime we have BB's new character to explore and I suspect there may be another new character waiting in the wings as well.

With the signing of BB they may have a chance to rejuvenate SG-1 for a couple more years. Don't know if it's a good idea or not but for the first time I'm really, really interested in what they're going to do with S9.
                              Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Working...
                              X