Regrets (109)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regrets (109)

Episode Synopsis: WAREHOUSE 13 "Regrets" Episode 9 - While Pete and Myka investigate a series of artifact-related suicides at a Florida prison, Claudia uses an artifact at the warehouse.

This was an average Warehouse 13 episode to me. The best parts were Pete and Myka's backstory info. The main story with the quartz and the focusing of electrical energy causing people to halucinate regrets from the past wasn't shown in the clearest way. The b-story with Claudia and Artie was sort of weak to me.

The best part of the episode was Pete mentioning the snake eating itself symbol being part of the latest Rush album "Snakes and Arrows...best Rush album since Roll the Bones."
    Spoiler:
    sigpic

Comment

My take on the episode
      V
      I enjoyed this ep. But it did seem to be two stories. Claudia continues to annoy me. I think they need to really restrict her access to anything, since she really causes chaos. The prison story was good because it gave background .
      Wonder where Artie's father is.
      Last edited by Girlbot; 03 September 2009, 04:27 AM.
      no means no, and so does pepper spray
      Sig by The Carpenter
      sigpic

Comment

Since this is an ep-specific discussion thread I'm gonna assume tags aren't needed.

The ep was... OK. Nothing tremendously new or exciting in terms of plotline, but getting the backstories for Pete & Myka was nice. Pete's dad sounded really familiar, but it'll probably turn out I don't know him. *grumble* I liked the way Pete switched gears on his hallucination and wound up hugging his dad. Very sweet moment.

The prison riot was a bit... trite and if the visions were only focusing on those with regrets then I should think there'd be more than a few people in there who had no regrets about what they'd done. Or only regretted getting caught. Maybe they were just rioting for the sake of rioting. Blah on that, too.

As for Claudia and her storyline... I haven't really warmed to the character. She's fun sometimes, but when she gets reduced to being JUST a catalyst- as she was here- there isn't a lot of room for herself, if that makes any sense. She's just there to make things happen and that doesn't really do much to deepen our understanding of her character. She's a human, not a prop and NOT, please, a deus ex machina.

I hope that her antics with the light bulb wind up serving a purpose later on because if it was just a way to waste time in the B-plot I'll be very disappointed.

Comment

I enjoyed all of it, including Claudia getting into trouble. Really enjoyed Pete & Myka backstory stuff. Loved the hug when Myka got all wobbly after telling Sam she had to move on. Then their reaction "nothing happened here".

Maybe Claudia's antics are the writer's way of showing us the stuff that's already in the warehouse while Pete & Myka are snagging, bagging and tagging the artifacts that got loose in the world. I'm cool with that. Like what does Venus DeMilo's arms do?
          sigpic
          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

I liked it. If they'd lit it all a bit darker, focused a bit more heavily on the visions, and not had that frakking Moby song in it, it would've made a really neat Halloween episode.

However, the inclusion of Moby almost killed the whole experience for me. I frakking hate Moby.

Did I mention Moby makes me want to smash things?
            Last edited by DigiFluid; 02 September 2009, 07:32 PM.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Good episode last night. Claudia and Artie's side-story was funny, but I really enjoyed the Myka/Pete side of this one. It was nice to have their past fleshed out a bit more.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                Good episode last night. Claudia and Artie's side-story was funny, but I really enjoyed the Myka/Pete side of this one. It was nice to have their past fleshed out a bit more.
                This was a great episode. Really dived into the characters. I loved it.

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                I liked it. If they'd lit it all a bit darker, focused a bit more heavily on the visions, and not had that frakking Moby song in it, it would've made a really neat Halloween episode.

However, the inclusion of Moby almost killed the whole experience for me. I frakking hate Moby.

So I take it you are not a Moby fan?
                sigpic

Comment

I liked the episode. It was slow at first, but then the ending made up for the slow start.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

If you watch it through your cable's On Demand, the Moby song isn't there and the ending doesn't loose a thing. I doubt it's on the Hulu or SyFy.com versions either.
                    sigpic
                    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Finally watched it. Regretfully, I have to say I wasn't as impressed as I have been with recent episodes. The artifact storyline was very thin, and although it was good to get more backstory for Pete and Myka, I confess I didn't find myself terribly moved by either of their struggles. Also, I thought that Joe Morton's character was supposed to have something to do with what was going on, but if he did, I missed that somehow. Was his character just there as a red herring or something?

That being said - I think it was a good episode for Pete and Myka's relationship. Still not really picking up on any kind of romantic sparks, but I'm quite happy to see the buddies-type relationship they're starting to develop.

I was not thrilled with the warehouse storyline, however. It seemed completely pointless, and while I've been fine with Claudia up until this episode, she came across as a complete spoiled brat here. Isn't she supposed to be in her early 20s? She was behaving like a petulant teenager here, with the foot stomping and the whining. This kind of behavior is why I usually hate kids in shows, and I thought Claudia was going to be portrayed a little more maturely than this. I sincerely hope this isn't a trend that continues with her, because if it is I will be hoping for her quick exit.
                      - Life after Stargate -
                      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                      sigpic

Comment

I hope the Claudia thing is really a long-term comparison. Maybe at the end of the season, or in a couple, we can look back and see, "Oh, Claudia was sooo childish before, now she's all grown up." Which is really what we hope for every character, to grow and etc. So I hope that the Warehouse storyline is simply a basis for that comparison, or at least the Volta coat will come up later on, and was simply introduced in this episode.
                        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                        Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                        If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                        Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Not much of a plot really. I mean half the show involved changing a light bulb.

The actors are great and a big part of what saves the show.

Anyone notice how Joanne Kelly always seems to be dressed the same and how she has this BUSTing-out-of-blouse stance all the time. I'm thinking it must be intentional. Holds male viewers attention.
                          Last edited by fwupow; 07 September 2009, 01:43 AM. Reason: I'm too retarded to type properly
                          sigpic My Twit-name (@fwupow) is the same!

Comment

Certainly holds mine

I do think the actors are doing a great job too
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I never heard the Moby song before. I like it.

Music is the most amazing gift we (humans) have. It's the most effective means of emotional expression, combining rhythm, melody and verse/poetry together. An excellent reason to believe in God. We don't need music to survive.

Music allows us to express the full range of emotion and it evokes a similar feeling from the listener as inspired the composer, however not all listeners can identify with every emotion and sometimes certain emotions are connected with experiences a person has long tried to forget.
                              sigpic My Twit-name (@fwupow) is the same!

Comment

Working...
                              X