finish the stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finish the stories

I have only one thing to say DONT WRITE A STORY if your not gonna finish it!!!. hint, hint. Im still waiting to find out what happends to Todd.I hate people who do that without a good reason.Thank you for letting me vent.

Originally posted by dee View Post
    I have only one thing to say DONT WRITE A STORY if your not gonna finish it!!!. hint, hint. Im still waiting to find out what happends to Todd.I hate people who do that without a good reason.Thank you for letting me vent.
    I wholeheartedly second that!
    I came, I saw, I conquered!
    sigpic
    We are unique! Created unique!
    Sevenofnine

Comment

Yes, there's nothing more disappointing than reading a great story only for it to be left hanging. But, as a writer of an unfinished fic, I have to stand up for us all. We do it for fun, as a hobby, because it satisfies something. And unfortunately, that means fic writing is dead last when it comes to setting priorities. Meaning stories get abandoned despite the best intentions of a writer. There's also the creative side, when a writer just stops feeling a story despite knowing exactly how it will go, and just can't write it any more (and believe me, an ending that is forced out by the writer, just for the sake of it being "done," won't be anywhere near as good or satisfying if the writer was still engaged).

So yeah, unfinished fics suck, but writers don't deserve to be jumped all over for it. If readers can't abide an unifinshed fic, they need to take some responsibility on themselves and only read things that are complete. It's that simple.

Comment

I've been disappointed too often in the past, reading a story only to find out it was never completed. Now I never read a WIP, and am willing to wait until a story is finished before I read it.

I know it's supposed to be fun for the writer, but incomplete fics are not fun for the reader, and will lead me to ignoring any future fics from the author for fear of being burned again.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sbz View Post
          Yes, there's nothing more disappointing than reading a great story only for it to be left hanging. But, as a writer of an unfinished fic, I have to stand up for us all. We do it for fun, as a hobby, because it satisfies something. And unfortunately, that means fic writing is dead last when it comes to setting priorities. Meaning stories get abandoned despite the best intentions of a writer. There's also the creative side, when a writer just stops feeling a story despite knowing exactly how it will go, and just can't write it any more (and believe me, an ending that is forced out by the writer, just for the sake of it being "done," won't be anywhere near as good or satisfying if the writer was still engaged).

So yeah, unfinished fics suck, but writers don't deserve to be jumped all over for it. If readers can't abide an unifinshed fic, they need to take some responsibility on themselves and only read things that are complete. It's that simple.
          I have to agree. I love writing fanfiction, but there are times when readers who begin yelling at you because your real life got in the way... those are the days when you just want to say "Screw you guys, I'm done." We're not paid to do this, remember.
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Sometimes, a writer just gets no feedback and gets discouraged. I mean, one can look at story traffic and see hits, but what did they think of it? Why write if nobody cares? Some folks don't like bad reviews, but, hell, as long as someone read it through, I don't care. Review if you want more chapters!
            Boobies!

Comment

Working...
            X