This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will there be a main enemy as usual?

WILL THERE BE A MAIN ENEMY? As far as I know SGU is more about the events on Destiny then Alien Encounters(which will be few but i reckon the longer the series goes the more there will be). But will there be a main enemy or just a bunch of different enemies.

Hopefully there is and I do think there will be more alien counters in a possible season 2 because of the obvious supply issues. But yeah I reckon a main enemy chasing Destiny around would be awesome if there isn't any at this time.
    Tst

BSG all over again??

Comment

Originally posted by jjit View Post
      BSG all over again??
      Yeah I guess so, maybe just landing on a planet, 30 minutes till the ship is out of reach and enemy encounters occur idk this show is already a mixture of like 3.
      Tst

Comment

Spoiler:
        its been stated many times by the shows creators that there will NOT be a permanent badguy for the entire series like the Wraith or Goa'uld
        Meh.

Comment

maybe they are there own enemy.....

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
            maybe they are there own enemy.....
            I think this will be the case.

Comment

Originally posted by spinny magee View Post
              will there be a main enemy?
              Spoiler:
              no
              Gotta love the allcaps filter
              Last edited by Eternal Density; 30 August 2009, 11:04 PM. Reason: to explain why the quote got turned to lowercase
              "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
              Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
              Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
              Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
              Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

There better be something! Some type of cool enemies that make more than one appearance. As the ship is moving through galaxies not seeded by the Alterans I hope we see some interesting [non humanoid] aliens.
                How to Survive an Alien Attack

Comment

I agree with the exotic alien concept. That will take time to develop, their situation ( not just themselfs ) will act as 'the enemy'. I'm pretty sure that story line will wear out fast and we'll be back to aliens and blowin stuff up at some point ( cause it's cool ) but don't be surprised if starts out more dramatic, and takes longer to get to the blowin stuff up stage.
                  Genesis 1:31 God saw that everything He had made was excellent, indeed. There was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                    I think this will be the case.
                    If it is then its again like BSG -.- sometimes i wish writers didn't have influences
                    Tst

Comment

I really hope they do change their minds and add one in.
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, maybe they can use CGI to insert a main enemy into all the completed episodes.
                        Or perhaps not
                        "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                        Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                        Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                        Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                        Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

It kinda reminds me the problem of Voyager -
                          Since they always had to advance in one direction and never return to the same place, it is problematic for the story to introduce an external entity that returns over and over - since it would look silly that it somehow manages to intercept the same ship at completely different places over and over.

There are certain 'cheats' that the creators can introduce, such as entities that can appear anywhere they please (such as Q'), races that span over entire galaxies (though that would still mean that you can't get attached to specific entities in those races, like we had Todd or various Go'auld), or some technomagical device that lets creatures follow / appear / transport to the main ship (you can say that the Stargates are such devices).

There have to be story arcs though... or the show will not have a good advancement feeling to it - and usually sci-fi story arcs involve overcoming a certain enemy - maybe they can find some other interesting story to tell while keeping enemies more of a secondary plot device..?
                          sigpic

Comment

Well they can create a race that had the gate drop on their plant and over time reverse enginener it to a new level where they can travel through space pockets and dimension.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by travis View Post
                              Well they can create a race that had the gate drop on their plant and over time reverse enginener it to a new level where they can travel through space pockets and dimension.
                              Play too much EA's Spore.

Comment

Working...
                              X