Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eureka renewed for 4th Season! 22 Episodes!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eureka renewed for 4th Season! 22 Episodes!!

Why Eureka renewal has Erica Cerra singing

http://scifiwire.com/2009/08/why-eur...wal-has-er.php

It looks like Deputy Lupo will be patrolling Eureka for a long time to come: Syfy just renewed its hit series for a fourth season, right in the midst of season three, and no one is happier about the turn of events than Erica Cerra, who plays the show's tough, gun-loving cop.

"We were thrilled, and more so that it's 22 episodes," Cerra said last week in an exclusive telephone interview. "Last year they made an attempt to do 21, I believe it was, and we got cut down to 18 because of the writers' strike. So we're thrilled, and the way we found out was so much fun, getting word before the end of the season. You're usually waiting until much later [to get word of renewal or cancellation]. I love working on this show, and we have a really great cast and crew, and we've got a good thing going. It's nice."
    sigpic

Hmm....while I'm obviously THRILLED about getting a season 4, I'm not so sure about a 22 episode order.

I actually really like Eureka as a brief, glorious summer affair year after year. It'ce something nice to look forward to in a lull during the TV year. 22 episodes, while being much longer and requiring a hell of a lot more of the writing staff, also suggests that Eureka might become a fall series....
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      Hmm....while I'm obviously THRILLED about getting a season 4, I'm not so sure about a 22 episode order.

I actually really like Eureka as a brief, glorious summer affair year after year. It'ce something nice to look forward to in a lull during the TV year. 22 episodes, while being much longer and requiring a hell of a lot more of the writing staff, also suggests that Eureka might become a fall series....
      Quantity over Quality anyone?
      sigpic

Comment

Well that's exactly what I'm concerned about. Take BSG for instance. Stellar 13-episode first season, not a bad one in the lot. Second and third seasons lengthened to 20 episodes, and you could tell in the back halves of each that they were running low on ideas until their season finales--resulting in a glut of halfassed episodes in the .5 seasons both years. The only reason that season 4 escaped the same fate was because of the writers strike, allowing some time for fresh ideas to brew up and be translated into decent stories.

Eureka consistently sets a high bar for itself; when the episodes aren't awesome, they're at least decent. I don't want that to stop.

I'm also a little worried that Sci Fi is going to make them take the SG/BSG midseason approach--do 10 episodes, end on a cliffhanger and make us wait 6+ months for resolution. I don't want that for Eureka either.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Well that's exactly what I'm concerned about. Take BSG for instance. Stellar 13-episode first season, not a bad one in the lot. Second and third seasons lengthened to 20 episodes, and you could tell in the back halves of each that they were running low on ideas until their season finales--resulting in a glut of halfassed episodes in the .5 seasons both years. The only reason that season 4 escaped the same fate was because of the writers strike, allowing some time for fresh ideas to brew up and be translated into decent stories.

Eureka consistently sets a high bar for itself; when the episodes aren't awesome, they're at least decent. I don't want that to stop.

I'm also a little worried that Sci Fi is going to make them take the SG/BSG midseason approach--do 10 episodes, end on a cliffhanger and make us wait 6+ months for resolution. I don't want that for Eureka either.
          I agree with you. BSG for Season 2 and Season 3, well more Season 3, imo, had a lot of below par eps that just dragged, and it really hurt the show, imo. The same goes for the Stargates, you got eps that dragged and bored the heck out of you.
          sigpic

Comment

well I disagree, both season 2,3,4 of BSG were very under par. With the last half of season 4 being the worst.

Comment

Well I'm thrilled with the news of a fourth season and the fact that we're going to get 22 episodes of awesome is brilliant!
              sigpic
              Banner By Orangelusik!

Comment

Originally posted by Cherish4 View Post
                Well I'm thrilled with the news of a fourth season and the fact that we're going to get 22 episodes of awesome is brilliant!
                It's great news. We may even get more eps of W13 for the 2nd season, they are still discussing that at SyFy. Glad we have these two shows because not sure how SGU is going to be yet. Could be a bomb.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                  It's great news. We may even get more eps of W13 for the 2nd season, they are still discussing that at SyFy. Glad we have these two shows because not sure how SGU is going to be yet. Could be a bomb.
                  Haven't seen W13 yet, it's starting this week here in the UK so may take a look. I do love Eureka though, it's just one of those shows that makes me smile.

As for SGU...well I won't be watching that at all. I'm one of the people who feels that Atlantis had a couple more seasons left in it, yet it was pushed aside for this new incarnation. On principle I just can't bring myself to watch it. Plus it really doesn't excite me like SG-1 or SGA did when they both started.
                  sigpic
                  Banner By Orangelusik!

Comment

I'd hate to have what they did this year as well. Season 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5? Although, I seriously love that we're getting 22 more eps!!
                    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

I'm really excited, I hope the show continues to go up as it is one of the best shows currently on SyFy!
                      sigpic

Comment

Yes! I love Eureka!
                        sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Yeah Eureka got it own forum area yeah
                          sigpic
                          May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

This is great news! Can hardly wait for it.

Comment

Will Carter(Colin Ferguson) be back?

....also, did y'all notice Jordan Hinson[Zoe] on ABC'S Hank?

http://www.hulu.com/hank
                              --
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X