X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 6? Maybe so!

Just saw this on Scifi's wire:
    Supernatural season 5: Everything you need to know
    Despite the fact that Kripke has adamantly said for years that he had a hard-and-fast five-year plan for Supernatural, the series is still a solid performer for The CW, and stars Padalecki and Ackles are signed through a sixth season. Now everyone is saying maybe about another season, including Kripke.

"We are leaving the possibility for a new story to begin," he admitted.

Gamble said she's happy this season might not be the end. "I have always thought there is a really solid repeatable franchise to the show," she said. "And I am curious about what happens after this season."
    Personally I find this good news. 4 seasons of episodes, and I can not think of a single cringe worthy episode, you know the ones that are typically fillers that bore us to death. They have some of the best writing on network TV now, so I don't think there should be any concern what so ever of the show getting stale anytime soon. I imagine the 5th season will be solidly filled with the Lucifer arc anyways, so there won't be that many of the fun stand alone episodes which I like the best.

p.s. Just saw that Supernatural FINALLY gets it's own section. About time *#&@!

Originally posted by SBN View Post
    Just saw this on Scifi's wire:
    Supernatural season 5: Everything you need to know

Personally I find this good news. 4 seasons of episodes, and I can not think of a single cringe worthy episode, you know the ones that are typically fillers that bore us to death. They have some of the best writing on network TV now, so I don't think there should be any concern what so ever of the show getting stale anytime soon. I imagine the 5th season will be solidly filled with the Lucifer arc anyways, so there won't be that many of the fun stand alone episodes which I like the best.

p.s. Just saw that Supernatural FINALLY gets it's own section. About time *#&@!
    Best news I heard in a while. And I love Kripke even more for not compromising his 5-year arc. It's his vision that makes this show so great, the continuity and development over the last four years have been beyond awesome, and it would be a shame to ruin it to please the network. I for one would love another season, because I only started watching the show early this year, and would be very sorry to lose it again so quickly.

sigpic
    Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

I'd love to see a 6th season but only if there's a story-arc to tell. I got no idea what this story-arc could be about after the apocalypse, but as we know Kripke is a brilliant man, he may still have some aces up his sleeves.
      sigpic
      My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

Originally posted by Andron View Post
        I'd love to see a 6th season but only if there's a story-arc to tell. I got no idea what this story-arc could be about after the apocalypse, but as we know Kripke is a brilliant man, he may still have some aces up his sleeves.
        He is indeed brilliant, and I do think he will come up with something good.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I may be the odd man out, but I really do not care if there is a grand story arc like we have now with the Lucifer/Apocalypse one. While it is nice to have in the background, for me my favorite episodes have always been the standard stand alone episodes. I would not mind seeing two/three part stories though. But essentially it will not bother me the lease if they do not come up with an equally grand story arc after this season.

Comment

Originally posted by SBN View Post
            I may be the odd man out, but I really do not care if there is a grand story arc like we have now with the Lucifer/Apocalypse one. While it is nice to have in the background, for me my favorite episodes have always been the standard stand alone episodes. I would not mind seeing two/three part stories though. But essentially it will not bother me the lease if they do not come up with an equally grand story arc after this season.
            I think they will though. It is kind of what they do.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Whatever they decide to do is fine by me. Kripke staying true to his 5 year plan is good, since the show will wrap up in a satisfactory way. More than likely a shocking way, but a great ending in the grand old SPN way.

If not, another season, well, I'll be quite happy about that too. I just hope SPN doesn't end up suffering the X-Files' fate if it starts going down this road. Trying to hold on when the concept had gone way past its sell by date, and things started not working as effortlessly as they did in the earlier days.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                Whatever they decide to do is fine by me. Kripke staying true to his 5 year plan is good, since the show will wrap up in a satisfactory way. More than likely a shocking way, but a great ending in the grand old SPN way.

If not, another season, well, I'll be quite happy about that too. I just hope SPN doesn't end up suffering the X-Files' fate if it starts going down this road. Trying to hold on when the concept had gone way past its sell by date, and things started not working as effortlessly as they did in the earlier days.
                I just don't see that happening with this show.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

The great thing about the show is that they lasted for 2 years as more or less a filler show. Most of the episodes didn't really add anything to the arc they were filler. And it worked great.

Season 6 could always end up being a sort of clean up. I mean just because the apocalypse is over doesn't mean that all the damage caused by it is fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Esquin View Post
                    Season 6 could always end up being a sort of clean up. I mean just because the apocalypse is over doesn't mean that all the damage caused by it is fixed.
                    Haven't thought about that, but you're right. There's got to be some clean up to be done after the "apocalypse-mess", so the Winchesters will have their hands full with that!
                    sigpic
                    My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

Exclusive: 'Supernatural' to 'end with a bang' in 2010 (but there's a catch)

Supernatural creator Eric Kripke is sticking by his word that his CW thriller will bow out next May after five seasons. Sort of.

“I did set out [to] tell a five-season storyline,” the exec maintains. “Quite frankly, I never expected [the show] to make it to five years. But now that we’re in our fifth year, I have every intention of ending the story with a bang and not drawing it out or watering it down.”

Relax, Supe Nazis. Here’s that catch I promised you…“That having been said,” Kripke continues, “I’m looking at this season as the last chapter in this particular story. That doesn’t mean there can’t be a new story. Buffy did it. The X-Files did it. You close a chapter on a big mythology storyline and then you begin a new one.

“One of the things I like about this show is we don’t draw out mysteries endlessly,” he adds. “We’ll answer a bunch of questions this season and then pose some new ones next season.”

Of course, that’s assuming there is a next season. The CW has yet to renew Supernatural for a sixth go-’round. And even if the show does come back, would Kripke still be involved? “I don’t know,” hedges Supe’s fearless leader, who doesn’t have a deal in place beyond season 5. “I’m going to cross that bridge when I get to it.”
                      http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/08/...l-end-in-2010/

Comment

Originally posted by Andron View Post
                        Haven't thought about that, but you're right. There's got to be some clean up to be done after the "apocalypse-mess", so the Winchesters will have their hands full with that!
                        No doubt about that. They just can't avoid getting caught up in all the serious stuff.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I'm torn on this. I don't want the show to go on too long like some often do, and Supernatural was planned for a five season arc. But I trust Eric. If season 6 goes forward, I'll be watching

Comment

I'm loving season five so far, though I do question whether there is going to be a season six or not. I know all too well that the main actors have been cast for up to six seasons, however, we're dealing with the Apocalypse, the end of the world and what not.

Firstly, I highly doubt they will drag out this plot through two full seasons. They'll no doubt close it up by the end of season five. Thats what they've done for seasons 1 - 4. Had something big start the season off, then we've had a 'nice' conclusion at the end of it. The way to conclude season five, would be for the end of the Apocalypse, thus the death of Lucifer.

To be quite honest, if the Apocalypse is the worst than can happen (which it is) what could they possibly so season six on? If they finish off the Apocalypse in season 5, there isn't really anything left. This is all assuming that God doesn't jump in some time toward the end, removing all angels and demons from Earth, and then leaving the world be, thus allowing for season 6 (as normal), and have Castiel / God pop in at the end telling Sam and Dean that everything has been saved or something...

Ultimatley, we're going to be left with something bad. Season 1 had Sam, Dean and John mashed up in a car, Season 2 had them unleash a bunch of Demons from Hell's gate, Season 3 Dean goes to Hell, Season 4, Lucifer is unleashed... Season 5? If they're going to end it there, one of them is sure to die.
                            sigpic
                            It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Working...
                            X