Gemini Nominations Oddity....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gemini Nominations Oddity....

Had something pointed out to me earlier.... Sheppard isn't mentioned in the 'Synopsis' for the Five Gemini Nominations....

Colonel Samantha Carter mounts a rescue mission to retrieve the missing team. There is mixed reaction to the appointment of I.O.A. representative Richard Wollsey as her replacement. Dr. McKay will face some exceedingly difficult personal challenges while Teyla learns to integrate motherhood with her role as warrior. Ronan's past will again return to threaten him, Dr. Jennifer Keller will find help from a most unlikely source. A provisional relationship with the Wraith takes a shocking turn and new adversaries will rest everyone's courage and resolve.
    Thought that was a bit strange.... and now i hear he's not mentioned on the Season Five Boxset either....

Anyone else wondering why Sheppard is missing from both?

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

I don't know about the boxset, but the Gemini's are for Canadians only and JF is a US-citizen.

And Bridge/MGM/Syfy has to send in the videos from which the Gemini committee can choose. It's the film/TV-show making people themselves who have to nominate their stuff.

I asked the Gemini-folks about it last year with JS nomination for Missing. Because we had a bit of a discussion going on about the nomination process.

OR

They really don't like Sheppard/Flanigan... Go forth conspiracy theory and prosper!
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Isn't Picardo American?.... and Momoa Hawaiian?

EDIT- just seen the S5 box blurb.....Very Similar to the Gemini blurb...

Spoiler:
      In this action-packed fifth season sparks fly when Woolsey becomes the
      new leader of the Atlantis team. Meanwhile, McKay faces difficult
      personal challenges; Teyla must balance her roles as mother and
      warrior; Ronan's [sic] past returns with a vengeance, and Keller finds
      peril, then help, from an unlikely source. A provisional relationship
      with the Wraith takes a shocking turn and new adversaries test the
      team's courage and resolve like never before.

Looks like the Gemini people just swiped the box blurb.......

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

IMO Shep was kind of left the background in a lot of the S5 eps. While the other characters mentioned had some form of character development in S5 episodes I felt that Sheppard didn't really have much of that. Just an AU ep but no real character development going on worth mentioning in óur' Sheppards universe. Wouldn't have surprised me in the least if he'd been slowly pushed aside if there had been a season 6.

I'm waiting to see if they cripple him, blind him and retire him in the movie. (insert tongue-in-cheek smiley)

Comment

Originally posted by gottaluvit View Post
          IMO Shep was kind of left the background in a lot of the S5 eps. While the other characters mentioned had some form of character development in S5 episodes I felt that Sheppard didn't really have much of that. Just an AU ep but no real character development going on worth mentioning in óur' Sheppards universe. Wouldn't have surprised me in the least if he'd been slowly pushed aside if there had been a season 6.

I'm waiting to see if they cripple him, blind him and retire him in the movie. (insert tongue-in-cheek smiley)
          They were finally dealing with team and other characters and then bye-bye.

Sheppard's going to be sending more time with his family in the movie. We'll see little inserts of him playing with his kids but nothing to do with Atlantis. (I love you RDA... Please don't MacGyver me... I'll be good, I promise. Just kidding around.. )
          WraithQueenH

"You are more like Wraith than you know."
          "I'm not sure I like the sound of that."
          "There is much about Wraith that you do not know, Sheppard."
          - John Sheppard and Todd, "Common Ground"

"We all agree the Ancients were pretty screwed up. All the ones I met were arrogant and condescending and not for good reason. Now they made giant mistakes and never fixed them." - John Sheppard

Comment

i think maybe its about time th other charcters got some personal on screen time....now dont get me wrong i LOVE sheppard but i glad he took a backseat in this season
            :sheppard::mckay::ronan::teyla::beckett::weir:
            :jack::tealc::sam::daniel::hammond:

:sheppard:: Wait a second, are these things even close to a transporter?
            :mckay:: Uh... yes. Elizabeth's is.
            :sheppard::And mine?
            :mckay::It's a brisk walk away
            :sheppard::And by "brisk" you mean "far"?
            :mckay::[nods] And by "walk" I mean "run".

:vortex04: :psycho:

Comment

Originally posted by mrs.information View Post
              i think maybe its about time th other charcters got some personal on screen time....now dont get me wrong i LOVE sheppard but i glad he took a backseat in this season
              You're joking right?
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by mrs.information View Post
                Hmm, I think the characters that need more screen time are Ronan and Teyla. Shep wasn't the one hogging screen time in the last couple of seasons IMO. I felt the last season revolved around two characters in particular, one of whom wasn't team. I wonder what a 6th season would have held for those two.

Comment

Working...
                X