Duped (108)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duped (108)

Episode Synopsis: WAREHOUSE 13 "Duped" Episode 8 - In Las Vegas, Myka gets trapped in a mirror while she and Pete try to recover an artifact from a couple of gamblers.

thank you's to TPTB for posting this and creating its own forum, too

one of the funny parts of this story (SPOILER!!!)
    was last week, Myka complaining about not wanting to end up like a
    RED SHIRT and this week..
    she's actually wearing one! too funny.

oh, and I think the folks who created this program like Star Trek a lot or have connections..??
    Pete--closing his conversation with Artie (and if I heard it correctly =)
    Spoiler:
    "Kirk out."

Comment

I think it started off slow to be honest. Artie seemed a little off with his McPherson angle. And at first the Myka/Pete mission just wasn't interesting me and found myself like the Warehouse scenes a lot more.It should a lot of teamwork between Artie, Lenna, and Claudia. But towards the end the episode had the same quality I have come to expect from this show. I especially liked the scene between Artie and mirror Myka about her worth as a Warehouse agent

On a shallow note Joanne Kelly is quite attractive in that dress
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

First off, FERRET LOVE!! Yay!!! But Pete? Kettle is a better name, imho. I love the ferret gag as much as I love the cookies gag.

How come Pete & Artie totally missed Myka scarffin' down the cookies? She usually only does that when she's super stressed? I think Claudia might have noticed it.

I loved that whole mirror scene with Mirror!Myka & Artie as it finally got them talking so they understand each other better.

Joanne ROCKED THE MOTHER FRELLIN' HOUSE tonight! If you're a fan of Joanne's I highly recommend her movie, Playing House. Sadly it's not on DVD for the US but I think it is for the UK, Canada and Australia.

Okay back to the eps. I loved Alice!Myka in contrast to Mirror!Myka (aka the Real Myka). I totally agree about the characterization of Myka telling Artie something that only she would know. I loved that they didn't drop her anger over being kept in the dark and lied to (yes Artie has lied to them by not telling them how dangerous some of the artifacts are. He merely tells them not to worry. WTF?!)

Leena is growing on me and I'm liking her more and more. Claudia dancing was awesome! The two of them pretty much ganging up on Artie to convince him that it was really Myka in the mirror was wonderful. Loved how Pete distracted Alice!Myka.
        sigpic
        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

I loved this episode. The characters are starting to really show a lot of chemisty with eachother now, like the part where Myka is telling how she feels about Artie's secrets. I think that was a very powerful character moment for the series.

Gotta love Myka calling the ferret, Pete, lol. I laughed my @ss off with the disco ball.

The show seems to be getting better and better and I am really starting to love these characters and their interaction. I hope they can get a little darker with Artie's past and how the rest of the cast reacts to that.
          sigpic

Comment

I thought it was a good episode. The show keeps getting stronger. It was interesting to see the actors who play Jo and Zane play a different couple. I also thought Joanne Kelly did a good job playing the two roles.

I especially liked the scene where Artie sat down and talked to mirror!Myka. Good continuity from last episode, and I'm glad they just didn't forget about the issues Myka's been having. Also, the ferret named Pete - LOL!

Pete is probably still my least favorite character on the show - I guess I'm too much of a Myka, if I'm to be completely honest here.

I'm not personally crazy about the episode style of starting the story in the middle and then rewinding. I feel like it's been overdone, and in a way it kind of spoils the story for me because then I already know where we're going. But that's just a personal preference.

Also, I do try not to think too much about the logic in this show , but a couple of things did jump out at me.

1) Isn't Leena supposed to be able to read people's emotions, auras, something? Why couldn't she tell that something was wrong with Myka right away?

2) Why didn't Alice!Myka see Pete and Artie coming? Wasn't she using the artifact?
            - Life after Stargate -
            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
              1) Isn't Leena supposed to be able to read people's emotions, auras, something? Why couldn't she tell that something was wrong with Myka right away?
              I think she knew that at the least, Myka was "off". Ya know what I mean?

2) Why didn't Alice!Myka see Pete and Artie coming? Wasn't she using the artifact?
              My guess is that it only shows you x amount of time into the future.
              sigpic

Comment

Very nice episode. I really like where this show is going.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  Very nice episode. I really like where this show is going.
                  As do I.
                  sigpic

Comment

I liked how during the briefing scene at the beginning they had Alice!Myka chowing down on pastries.

Comment

Originally posted by Krissie678 View Post
                      I liked how during the briefing scene at the beginning they had Alice!Myka chowing down on pastries.
                      Hey, she hadn't eaten in a very long time.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Krissie678 View Post
                        And yet no one noticed it since it's rare that Myka eats sugar. She usually only eats it when she's stressed. Something Alice!Myka didn't know or realize (or care)

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        Hey, she hadn't eaten in a very long time.
                        I know right!
                        sigpic

Comment

I would say she didn't know. I was under the impression that the AliceMyka only copied her appearece and not her psychlogical thoughts and personality
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            I would say she didn't know. I was under the impression that the AliceMyka only copied her appearece and not her psychlogical thoughts and personality
                            I'd add that she didn't care. She wanted out of the mirror, period.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                              I'd add that she didn't care. She wanted out of the mirror, period.
                              That, and she wanted to experience all that she had been missing in her time locked away.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                              X