This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a ride!

Well I just blasted through Season 8-10 and then watched Ark of Truth and Continuum! Most fun I've had watching movies in a long time I must say. I think I got a little addicted somewhere along the way though and needed my daily fix which was sometimes about 5 episodes a day or more. Taking into consideration that they were the final seasons they really were some of the best seasons IMO.
    No worries though as I still have Season 1-7 to go through

So what's the word on the next SG-1 movie - any news on a release date? I know Extinction is on the way but that focus' on Atlantis and SG-1 is my prefered series.

You have seen seasons 1-7 though right? Your post doesn't make that clear.

Also, I believe both the stargate movies are on hold for the time being.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
      You have seen seasons 1-7 though right? Your post doesn't make that clear.
      Sorry, yeah I watched seasons 1 - 7 on and off over the years, but really only began following the series around season 4 onwards, so the earlier season's are a little hazy, meaning it's almost like watching for the first time again. I finished off with Jack being put in stasis in Antartica.

Also, I believe both the stargate movies are on hold for the time being.
      Really! Any idea why? Any links?

Comment

I have also heard that both the new SG-1 and Atlantis movies are on hold. I assume it has something to do with the unstable economy at the moment. "Project Terzo," or the new SG-1 movie is supposed to be more centered around Jack O'Neill (so awesome.) Not that I wouldn't like to see Mitchell return. I just keep asking myself WWJD... you know.. What would Jack do?
        Jack: I thought I told you I retired.
        Hammond: Oh... I thought you said you were "tired"
        Jack: Well... as a matter of fact... I am a little... tired.
        Hammond: There's no time for that now! You have a mission to lead!
        Jack: RIIIIIIGHT!

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
          Sorry, yeah I watched seasons 1 - 7 on and off over the years, but really only began following the series around season 4 onwards, so the earlier season's are a little hazy, meaning it's almost like watching for the first time again. I finished off with Jack being put in stasis in Antartica.

Really! Any idea why? Any links?
          Presumably due to the economy and the fact that MGM is having big financial troubles. For what it's worth, there's a statement from Rob Cooper (dated August 12) on GW's home page about this. There have been numerous discussions on various threads about this recently, and several articles have been posted about MGM's financial troubles.

https://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/...lantis-movies/

Plus, there's this thread:

"Third *SG-1* movie hopes/speculation/ideas"
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=44750
          Last edited by hedwig; 26 August 2009, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Right, thanks guys. I just maybe thought it had something to do with a lack of interest or poor performance of Ark of Truth and Continuum - but if they are holding backing waiting for the right opportunity to launch to ensure success, then I'm all for it.
            It would be great if we continue to have regular direct to DVD releases of SG-1 - so everyone make sure you buy the next DVD to ensure we continue to see more movies!

Comment

Working...
            X