Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warehouse 13 Season 2 - Hopes/Fears/Predictions (contains season 1 spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warehouse 13 Season 2 - Hopes/Fears/Predictions (contains season 1 spoilers)

With the recent news of the renwal for season 2:

Warehouse 13 - Renewed for 2nd Season

According to Variety Syfy has re-upped Warehouse 13 for a second season.

This new show, about Secret Service agents who look into "missing and newly found supernatural objects is the most-watched show in Syfy's 17-year history, averaging 3.7 million viewers a week and 1.4 million in the 18-49 demo."

Nobody is really surprised at this news as the show has performed so well. In fact, among women it has about 50% female viewership. Currently, 13 episodes have been ordered for the second season but those numbers could go up for future ones.

"We took a look at doing 20 episodes, but for logistic and financial reasons, it didn't make sense to do that right now, but I wouldn't rule it out," stated Syfy president Dave Howe.

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/0...nd-season.html
    This thread is to discusses your hopes, fears and predicitons for the shows 2nd season.

I'm actually very happy that it's a 13 episode season. A lot of shows suffer when faced with having to write a significantly larger number of scripts per season.

I'd like to see some Sci Fi staple guest stars in the way that Dollhouse is getting a few next year.

Also, REALLY would like to see more Claudia
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      I'm actually very happy that it's a 13 episode season. A lot of shows suffer when faced with having to write a significantly larger number of scripts per season.
      Agreed.

I'd like to see some Sci Fi staple guest stars in the way that Dollhouse is getting a few next year.
      Well they've has some in season one with the likes of Tricia Helfer and Joe Flannigan. My biggest issue, so far has been when they have had familiar faces they really haven't utilized them to well. So if they go for more familiar faces in season 2, i hope the work them better into the episodes.

Also, REALLY would like to see more Claudia

Comment

I'm not sure I totally agree with you on guest stars. I felt that Tricia Helfer worked very well in the story she guested in, she was a good fit as a guest who didn't steal the thunder of the series stars.

Joe Flanigan's appearance IMO, just went to show that maybe he's not an especially versatile actor. He worked very well as Sheppard, but I'm starting to suspect that maybe that's because the writers wrote the role around JF rather than him acting to a script.

...more guest appearances would resolve this discussion easily, wouldn't it?
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I'm not sure I totally agree with you on guest stars. I felt that Tricia Helfer worked very well in the story she guested in, she was a good fit as a guest who didn't steal the thunder of the series stars.

Joe Flanigan's appearance IMO, just went to show that maybe he's not an especially versatile actor. He worked very well as Sheppard, but I'm starting to suspect that maybe that's because the writers wrote the role around JF rather than him acting to a script.

...more guest appearances would resolve this discussion easily, wouldn't it?
          I agree its important for the guest not to overshadow the stars, but if you have a known guest you want to use them rather than wallpaper which is how it felt IMO in the case of TH. Its not impossible to write your guest in a way that still gets the most out of them without putting given them the spotlight. Granted this was back in episode 2 and that its very important to establish the show and the cast based on their own merits. So I'm hopefully in when it comes to season 2, they'll find a good balance with this, since they've had a season 2 establish themselves.

I do agree with what you said about JF.

Comment

Personally I like them to not to use so many guest stars. New characters to get to know if you not always thinking about the old characters they use to play.

Comment

Personally, I like this show using guest stars from past SyFy shows. I hope it continues every now and then.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                Personally I like them to not to use so many guest stars. New characters to get to know if you not always thinking about the old characters they use to play.
                Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                Personally, I like this show using guest stars from past SyFy shows. I hope it continues every now and then.
                The only reason I even tuned in to Warehouse in the first place was to see Joe Flanigan in that episode. And then I decided to keep watching the show. So, at least for one fan, the guest casting worked.
                And I thought JF's performance was the best thing about that particular episode, I hope they bring him back next season for an appearance.
                (sure didn't hurt the ratings, did it? )
                sigpic

Comment

I would not mind guest stars later on in the series but I just it should build up it own fan base first, and then bring in the guest stars later on, may be in the second season. I just do not want it to become every episode there someone from Stargate or star trek or buffy or some other scifi/syfy show.
                  Last edited by knowles2; 28 August 2009, 05:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                    I would not mind guest stars later on in the series but I just it should build up it own fan base first, and then bring in the guest stars later on may be in the second season. I just do not want it become every episode there someone from Stargate or star trek or buffy or some other show.
                    I don't think we have to worry about it becoming something that happens in almost every episode. A few a season would be fine with me.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I think having some well known guest not just well known to scifi fans, but to people that may not watch much scifi but wants to see that person.

Comment

Personally, I'd like to see more of their backstories, particularly Artie's, Leena's, Mrs. Frederic, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyNRA View Post
                          Personally, I'd like to see more of their backstories, particularly Artie's, Leena's, Mrs. Frederic, etc.
                          That would be nice. Hopefully at least some is touched on next season.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

It would be really cool if they got Patrick Stewart to guest star. But I guess that's probably not possible.

I just hope that
                            (Spoilers for season finale)
                            Spoiler:
                            Leena is revelaled to have been under the influence of an artifact.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                              I just hope that
                              (Spoilers for season finale)
                              Spoiler:
                              Leena is revelaled to have been under the influence of an artifact.
                              And that
                              Spoiler:
                              they realise it wasn't Claudia that was messing things up. I think I'm waay to attached to her character for her to be made out to be all eebil
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X