X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GSRgategirl923 View Post
    Oh Noes, More Spoilers(:

Spoiler:
    I Really hope that they don't ruin and/or damage her character during the process of elimination either I love Tess I think she's an awesome addition to the show. I Really wanted them to Keep Her, Besides I don't want Jack and Allison to get together. outs: Lol(:
    I'm right with you on everything

Spoiler:
    And how weird is that I already have the urge to write a fix it fic?
    I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
    I will never accept defeat.
    I will never quit.
    I will never leave a fallen comrade.
    ------
    "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

Originally posted by RowenaR View Post
      I'm right with you on everything

Spoiler:
      And how weird is that I already have the urge to write a fix it fic?
      Haha.

Spoiler:
      Its Not Weird at All, I Have the Same Urge. It's like I want to be Prepared for the Inevitable...
      sigpic
      sig by stars-and-kisses.tumblr.com

Comment

Haha.

Spoiler:
        Its Not Weird at All, I Have the Same Urge. It's like I want to be Prepared for the Inevitable...
        Yes, exactly

Spoiler:
        I think I'll wait until she's really out and then I'll write something that will take place two or three years later since I have a feeling the whole thing will depend on how they break up Tess and Carter, i.e. if it's consensual or messy (which I expect it to be... something tells me Tess will get the short end of the stick and she'll be the one that ends up really hurt while everything will be roses for Jack and Allison, even though Ferguson claimed it won't be "saccharine" but "realistic" but I'm trying to keep up faith in the writers they won't do that to her).
        I'm a 60%er.

I will never quit.
        ------

Comment

Yes, exactly

Spoiler:
          I think I'll wait until she's really out and then I'll write something that will take place two or three years later since I have a feeling the whole thing will depend on how they break up Tess and Carter, i.e. if it's consensual or messy (which I expect it to be... something tells me Tess will get the short end of the stick and she'll be the one that ends up really hurt while everything will be roses for Jack and Allison, even though Ferguson claimed it won't be "saccharine" but "realistic" but I'm trying to keep up faith in the writers they won't do that to her).
          I Suppose that would be the proper thing to do

Spoiler:
          I was thinking of maybe re-writing certain episodes (depending on how they play out) with Jack/Tess instead of Jack/Allison. But i don't know yet, guess we'll just have to wait and see how things turn out for the couple on the short end of the stick.
          sigpic

Comment

I Suppose that would be the proper thing to do

Spoiler:
            I was thinking of maybe re-writing certain episodes (depending on how they play out) with Jack/Tess instead of Jack/Allison. But i don't know yet, guess we'll just have to wait and see how things turn out for the couple on the short end of the stick.
            Episode rewrite also sounds great!

Thank God for fanfic
            I'm a 60%er.

I will never quit.
            ------

Comment

Episode rewrite also sounds great!

Thank God for fanfic
              Amen to That Lol.
              sigpic

Comment

Only read if you have seen all aired episodes.

It would be difficult to have a relationship with someone who has no memory of your timeline.
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah, but it could make for some terrific juicy character moments and some great plots... if only they wouldn't be so focused on Jack/Allison...
                  I'm a 60%er.

I will never quit.
                  ------

Comment

Am I the only one who is less than excited about

Spoiler:
                    how they got rid of Tess in All The Rage? Actually, that ep made me wonder why they even brought her back in. If they just wanted to show that Jack was over Tess and free for Allison (can I just say how much more Jack/Allison squicks me out now?), they could have left it at the breaking up scene from the pilot. I think the fact that Jack seemed rather unimpressed with Tess breaking up with him and that he had no qualms whatsoever to kiss Allison in the pilot made it pretty clear that he already was over Tess.

What also got to me was how bad it was for JACK that he was supposed to be together with Tess, but that the fact of how weird and distressing it must be for HER that the man she thought she knew (and obviously asked her to move in with him... or was I the only one came to the conclusion that it must have been Jack who asked from the way Tess talked about it?) suddenly isn't the same anymore, was hardly addressed at all. I was actually pretty pissed about all the Man Pain from Jack and the almost total lack of Tess' point of view in this.

And now I'll go back and work on the fix it fic I alreay promised
                    I'm a 60%er.

I will never quit.
                    ------

Comment

I think they could have done it better.

Spoiler:
                      I mean, they supposedly had a years worth of long distance relationship which is difficult. Plus, on top of that, there wasn't a lot of foundation to their relationship before Tess left. I would have liked to see Jack give Jack/Tess an honest try in the new timeline. Whether or not it would have worked out, who knows. I'd have liked to see the effort though.
                      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                        I think they could have done it better.

Spoiler:
                        I mean, they supposedly had a years worth of long distance relationship which is difficult. Plus, on top of that, there wasn't a lot of foundation to their relationship before Tess left. I would have liked to see Jack give Jack/Tess an honest try in the new timeline. Whether or not it would have worked out, who knows. I'd have liked to see the effort though.
                        THIS!

Spoiler:
                        Exactly! I hated it that they didn't even let him put up an effort to try to make it work out. He just acted like there had never been anything between them and like he just wanted to get her off his back and I wanted to punch him very much for that.
                        I'm a 60%er.

I will never quit.
                        ------

Comment

I didn't quite get that vibe.
                          Spoiler:
                          To me, it seemed it was more like he didn't know what to do about her. Granted, Tess didn't know what to do with the distance there suddenly was, but I'd have liked to see effort.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                            I didn't quite get that vibe.
                            Spoiler:
                            To me, it seemed it was more like he didn't know what to do about her. Granted, Tess didn't know what to do with the distance there suddenly was, but I'd have liked to see effort.
                            Okay, agreed about

Spoiler:
                            that he didn't know what to do about her (because you're right, that's more like it felt)... which still made it feel like he just wanted to get her off his back and was just to much of a coward to say it. All in all, I really didn't like the way they handled it and how they made me want to punch Carter in the face for how he behaved towards Tess.

And it also made me start a story where she does get to kick his ass after all
                            I'm a 60%er.

I will never quit.
                            ------

Comment

Am I the only one who is less than excited about

Spoiler:
                              how they got rid of Tess in All The Rage? Actually, that ep made me wonder why they even brought her back in. If they just wanted to show that Jack was over Tess and free for Allison (can I just say how much more Jack/Allison squicks me out now?), they could have left it at the breaking up scene from the pilot. I think the fact that Jack seemed rather unimpressed with Tess breaking up with him and that he had no qualms whatsoever to kiss Allison in the pilot made it pretty clear that he already was over Tess.

What also got to me was how bad it was for JACK that he was supposed to be together with Tess, but that the fact of how weird and distressing it must be for HER that the man she thought she knew (and obviously asked her to move in with him... or was I the only one came to the conclusion that it must have been Jack who asked from the way Tess talked about it?) suddenly isn't the same anymore, was hardly addressed at all. I was actually pretty pissed about all the Man Pain from Jack and the almost total lack of Tess' point of view in this.

And now I'll go back and work on the fix it fic I alreay promised
                              No you're not.
                              Spoiler:
                              I've generally been very happy with the way things have gone so far in S4, EXCEPT for how the Tess situation has been handled. I like a lot of what the writers are doing this season, but I think they badly screwed this one up. Maybe that's just me as a Tess fan talking, but it feels so badly done, starting with cutting out the breakup scene in the beginning. Here in this episode, it sounded like Carter was the one to break up with Tess, but I had the impression in Founder's Day that she had broken it off with him. And the thing about taking a year to figure out that they don't work in A New World - that felt out of the blue too. If we'd seen all of that scene, maybe we'd have had some context for this, but now it just feels botched. And it's hard for me to get back on board with Jack/Allison after seeing how badly Tess just got screwed over.

But why did they even bother to bring Tess back at all if this is what they were going to do? They could have returned to a reality where Tess had never come to Eureka, or one where she was still in Eureka but she and Jack had never gotten together, and so, like Zane, she wouldn't remember any history. Personally I think I would prefer a history where she hadn't ever come to Eureka. They could still bring JRN back - she just wouldn't remember ever meeting Jack before.

Oh well. It's done.
                              - Life after Stargate -
                              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                              sigpic

Comment

There right at the end I almost thought
                                Spoiler:
                                that Jack was going to tell Tess about the year that never was and his trip back to 1947. He kept going on and on about telling her the truth and how she deserved the truth. It would have made more sense from a character point of view. Kind of a lets slow way down sort of thing but maybe stay together.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X