Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Tess (season 3 part 2 spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Everlovin View Post
    I think they could have done it better.

Spoiler:
    I mean, they supposedly had a years worth of long distance relationship which is difficult. Plus, on top of that, there wasn't a lot of foundation to their relationship before Tess left. I would have liked to see Jack give Jack/Tess an honest try in the new timeline. Whether or not it would have worked out, who knows. I'd have liked to see the effort though.
    THIS!

Spoiler:
    Exactly! I hated it that they didn't even let him put up an effort to try to make it work out. He just acted like there had never been anything between them and like he just wanted to get her off his back and I wanted to punch him very much for that.
    I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
    I will never accept defeat.
    I will never quit.
    I will never leave a fallen comrade.
    ------
    "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Air Force Chief of Staff Everlovin's Avatar
    Dancing, singing, praising, and thanking!

I didn't quite get that vibe.
    Spoiler:
    To me, it seemed it was more like he didn't know what to do about her. Granted, Tess didn't know what to do with the distance there suddenly was, but I'd have liked to see effort.

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

I didn't quite get that vibe.
    Spoiler:
    To me, it seemed it was more like he didn't know what to do about her. Granted, Tess didn't know what to do with the distance there suddenly was, but I'd have liked to see effort.
    Okay, agreed about

Spoiler:
    that he didn't know what to do about her (because you're right, that's more like it felt)... which still made it feel like he just wanted to get her off his back and was just to much of a coward to say it. All in all, I really didn't like the way they handled it and how they made me want to punch Carter in the face for how he behaved towards Tess.

And it also made me start a story where she does get to kick his ass after all
    I'm a 60%er.

I will never quit.
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by RowenaR View Post
    Am I the only one who is less than excited about

Spoiler:
    how they got rid of Tess in All The Rage? Actually, that ep made me wonder why they even brought her back in. If they just wanted to show that Jack was over Tess and free for Allison (can I just say how much more Jack/Allison squicks me out now?), they could have left it at the breaking up scene from the pilot. I think the fact that Jack seemed rather unimpressed with Tess breaking up with him and that he had no qualms whatsoever to kiss Allison in the pilot made it pretty clear that he already was over Tess.

What also got to me was how bad it was for JACK that he was supposed to be together with Tess, but that the fact of how weird and distressing it must be for HER that the man she thought she knew (and obviously asked her to move in with him... or was I the only one came to the conclusion that it must have been Jack who asked from the way Tess talked about it?) suddenly isn't the same anymore, was hardly addressed at all. I was actually pretty pissed about all the Man Pain from Jack and the almost total lack of Tess' point of view in this.

And now I'll go back and work on the fix it fic I alreay promised
    No you're not.
    Spoiler:
    I've generally been very happy with the way things have gone so far in S4, EXCEPT for how the Tess situation has been handled. I like a lot of what the writers are doing this season, but I think they badly screwed this one up. Maybe that's just me as a Tess fan talking, but it feels so badly done, starting with cutting out the breakup scene in the beginning. Here in this episode, it sounded like Carter was the one to break up with Tess, but I had the impression in Founder's Day that she had broken it off with him. And the thing about taking a year to figure out that they don't work in A New World - that felt out of the blue too. If we'd seen all of that scene, maybe we'd have had some context for this, but now it just feels botched. And it's hard for me to get back on board with Jack/Allison after seeing how badly Tess just got screwed over.

But why did they even bother to bring Tess back at all if this is what they were going to do? They could have returned to a reality where Tess had never come to Eureka, or one where she was still in Eureka but she and Jack had never gotten together, and so, like Zane, she wouldn't remember any history. Personally I think I would prefer a history where she hadn't ever come to Eureka. They could still bring JRN back - she just wouldn't remember ever meeting Jack before.

Oh well. It's done.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles

Air Force Chief of Staff Everlovin's Avatar
    Dancing, singing, praising, and thanking!

There right at the end I almost thought
    Spoiler:
    that Jack was going to tell Tess about the year that never was and his trip back to 1947. He kept going on and on about telling her the truth and how she deserved the truth. It would have made more sense from a character point of view. Kind of a lets slow way down sort of thing but maybe stay together.

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

There right at the end I almost thought
    Spoiler:
    that Jack was going to tell Tess about the year that never was and his trip back to 1947. He kept going on and on about telling her the truth and how she deserved the truth. It would have made more sense from a character point of view. Kind of a lets slow way down sort of thing but maybe stay together.
    I absolutely agree. That would have made much more sense. Otherwise they wouldn't have had to bring JRN back at all.

However, a review on serienjunkies.de (it's in German, though) stated something interesting: they raised the question whether

Spoiler:
    we really saw the end of this, wondering if this doesn't kind of go against the laws of this reality (as in Carter HAS to be together with her in this timeline) and ends with "We will learn about that!" And didn't someone say JRN had signed up for five eps, not three?
    I'm a 60%er.

I will never quit.
    ------

Lieutenant Colonel MattSilver 3k's Avatar

Well I loved Tess while she was around. Shame the writers decided to suddenly invent problems between her and Carter for the sake of these first three episodes, instead of, you know, just breaking them up at the end of last season as it was set up (Much easier and less of a kick in my crotch, to be honest!). Can't afford to dwell though, and it nice to see some JRN on my televisual screen.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Quote Originally Posted by RowenaR View Post
    I absolutely agree. That would have made much more sense. Otherwise they wouldn't have had to bring JRN back at all.

However, a review on serienjunkies.de (it's in German, though) stated something interesting: they raised the question whether

Spoiler:
    we really saw the end of this, wondering if this doesn't kind of go against the laws of this reality (as in Carter HAS to be together with her in this timeline) and ends with "We will learn about that!" And didn't someone say JRN had signed up for five eps, not three?
    Spoilers Oh My! Lol(:
    Spoiler:
    :Is thoroughly annoyed:
    Buuuut I heard JRN is signed on for at least four episodes possibly five so there's a possibility that we haven't seen the end of Tess Just Yet.
    Not to mention she's said that if they want her back she'll gladly do more episodes
    sig by stars-and-kisses.tumblr.com

I certainly hope she will

And damn, I really have to go back to writing my fix it fic
    I'm a 60%er.

I will never quit.
    ------