No announcement yet.

SPN: What makes this show so awesome?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I advise you to start at season 1, watch it all right from the pilot, because picking up at season 8 just won't give the show the justice it deserves, and you won't 'get' all of the subtle and not-so-subtle nuances, as well as missing out on a hell of a lot of back-story. Skipping the earlier seasons would be like reading LOTR but just going straight to the last 100 pages of the book – you'll be left with the impression that something really big just happened, but you'll be kicking yourself for missing not only the 'big' event but the crescendo of smaller events leading up to it.

Although there is some gore, it's not in your face, and it's not in every episode. Some episodes don't have any gore at all. If I could liken the show to anything at all, it would be a cross between Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the X-Files, though I consider it less gory than Buffy. Some of the show's writers and producers are also big fans of Neil Gaiman, so there is sometimes a Gaiman-like feel to some of the episodes (particularly in season 5).

Oh, and don't bother watching 3-minute recaps. They'll miss out more than they put in and just spoil things for you.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Comment

Thanks very much for the advice. I appreciate it
      Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
      If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
        Thanks very much for the advice. I appreciate it
        I recommend Supernatural to EVERYONE! It's amazing! And I agree with The Urban Spaceman, 3 minute recaps tell you nothing about the show really, the storyline is fantastic, you'll be hooked in no time. You'll fall in love with so many of the characters. And it definitely pulls at the heartstrings in places. You'll recognise a few faces too!

But seriously, give it a go
        sigpic
        Sig made by Nola
        Latest fic Thin Blue Veil

Comment

I will, do, thanks guys.

*goes to find the pilot*
          Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
          If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Working...
          X