Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'd like to see a folder for this show ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LEGEND OF THE SEEKER!

I like that show.

Comment

Gang, I've tried to honestly and thoroughly answer the Star Wars / new folder question about 10 times over the past year. I'm just not interested in debating it.

Star Wars will almost certainly get a folder here in the fullness of time, at which point there will be much rejoicing and even more b****ing about why I didn't do it sooner. George Lucas has more money than God, so if he wants to make a SW live-action show, he will.
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

<snip>

Originally posted by Darren View Post
        Gang, I've tried to honestly and thoroughly answer the Star Wars / new folder question about 10 times over the past year. I'm just not interested in debating it.
        I wouldn't be pursuing the point at all if, for instance, you'd told us it wasn't going to get one because you don't feel like it and this is your site, or you hate Star Wars and it's not going happen, or you just don't particularly like me and aren't going to do it just for spite (). Those are all reasons that I can just let go and say, "well, that's the end of that."

But the thing is, you have laid out what your various criteria are; and that it's various ones rather than all that are used in determining whether a series or franchise should have a subforum. I won't speak for anyone else, but the trouble I'm having here is that--with this poll having shown user interest--I firmly and sincerely believe that Star Wars now fulfills every one of the criteria you lay out. This is not a standard to which any other subforum has been or is currently beholden to, and I can't comprehend why.

The only sticking point I've seen you give is that The Clone Wars is CGI rather than live action, a point which is so completely and utterly irrelevant as to leave me baffled beyond comprehension.
        Last edited by Skydiver; 14 October 2009, 04:42 AM.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Hey Darren

Its not on the poll, but if there isn't one already, would it be possible to see something for Torchwood? Its a great show.

Julia(samcarterrules)
          sigpic
          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Since folks can't behave and seem to have zero respect for Darren and his decisions, this thread is temporarily closed.

Darren has his reasons for not wanting to do Star Wars right now. And they're his decisions and he has to explain them to no one.

If you don't like it, well, to be blunt, tough. You want a Star Wars forum, go make one.

At this precise point in time, he has his hands full with his family, his schooling and job plus moving said family halfway around the world. Throwing a virtual temper tantrum accomplishes little but diminish any sympathy we might have for your cause.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

one last note as well the first post of this thread was very clear in stating

Please note that this poll is for gauging interest only. A variety of factors go into the decision, and the highest vote-getters are by no means guaranteed an instant folder.
              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Working...
              X