This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naquadria StarGates???

Now we know that the stargates are made out of naquadah...but what would happen if a stargate was made out of naquadria??? all ideas welcome...

maybe the gates are a naquadah/naquadria alloy? That's why they can form such energy intensive wormholes? I miss the who naquadria storyline. Heck anything involving science fiction.

Comment

Originally posted by roswellgray
      maybe the gates are a naquadah/naquadria alloy? That's why they can form such energy intensive wormholes? I miss the who naquadria storyline. Heck anything involving science fiction.
      Naquadria is an unstable form of naquadah that we find on Jonas' home planet. Now if we could somehow stabilize it's immense power, what could we do with it...gate wise that is

Comment

I believe that the Naquadria metal is aritficial, plus it seems to be radioactive (i.e. spontaneously emits radioactive particles on its own). Therefore, it would be difficult to use it unless it was contained. I think naquadria was specific to Kallona sp? and only created there.

Comment

Does Naquadria come in a metal form? For some reason, I thought it was in a liquid form only and was too unstable to be made into a solid.
          Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
            Does Naquadria come in a metal form? For some reason, I thought it was in a liquid form only and was too unstable to be made into a solid.
            you are thinking of Liquid naquadah
            MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
            I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477

I was thinking the same thing, kind of looking like mercury.
              If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Comment

we all know the gate is made of naquada, but what else is it made of? i mean, come on, if it was pure naquadah then what would stop earth from building one? there must be other pieces inside and we can see otheres outside(the arrow-shaped chevron locking mechanisms(?sp?) that glow)
                I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

Originally posted by AzMcNeil
                  Now we know that the stargates are made out of naquadah...but what would happen if a stargate was made out of naquadria??? all ideas welcome...
                  The gate would explode as soon as you activated it.

What?...you said all ideas welcome
                  Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Dotus5
                    I was thinking the same thing, kind of looking like mercury.
                    if it was liquid then they would not have had to drill thrue it in "fallout"

Comment

What exactly is naquadria? We know it's radioactive. Is it a metal? If it is solid, then making it into a stargate would be a possiblity. Since naquadria also has a much higher energy potential then naquadah, perhaps a naquadria stargate would allow wormholes of untold distances (hundreds of thousands, millions or even billions of light-years). Then we could really explore the unknown far reaches of the universe! Of course, with such a higher energy potential, we would have to find some way to safely harness the energy (the stargate is a huge superconductor), not to mention power the gate - but powering the gate might be too much of an issue if we use a good old Zero Point module.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
                        but powering the gate might be too much of an issue if we use a good old Zero Point module.
                        yes-because they are so easy to find...
                        Last edited by corey2002; 15 December 2004, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Perhaps now they can have Speed dialing, caller ID, and a number of other mechanisms since it would, in theory, be more powerful and produce more energies. And maybe it wouldn't require a ZPM for those really long-distance calls!

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

A Nr-Gate would be useless. Naquadria decays and turns back into Naquadah in a few thousand years.

And I believe Nr, just as Nq, is a radioactive mineral.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                              Perhaps now they can have Speed dialing, caller ID, and a number of other mechanisms since it would, in theory, be more powerful and produce more energies. And maybe it wouldn't require a ZPM for those really long-distance calls!
                              STragates don't use the naquadah in their structure as a power source butr as a superconductor otherwise the Stargate would eventually eat away at itself. An unknown (possibly Low grade ZPM since its ancient tech) source in the DHD provides the power to the gate.
                              sigpic
                              Banner By JME2

Comment

Working...
                              X