This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David Blue vs. Eli Wallace - kinda ironic

I just realised something funny about the difference between David Blue and his character Eli Wallace.
    DB is a big Stargate fan and knows just about everything about the franchise to the point of helping inform the other actors.
    EW is a complete newbie to the Stargate and knows far less of the history of the program than the other characters, to the point that the character is used as a device to explain history to the audience.
    So with regard to their respective knowledge of the Stargate Program/Franchise, Eli Wallace and David Blue are polar opposites. Funny how these things happen to fall some times.
    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
    Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Indeed, it is interesting.

Also, David Blue is loud and outgoing whereas the character Eli Wallace is more reserved. (David Blue said this I believe at Comic Con.)

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
    and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

It's also weird because Eli Wallace seems to know a lot about science fiction himself. The only reason he doesn't know anything about Stargate is that in his universe Stargate isn't a TV show. (Although he may notice a strange similarity to Wormhole X-treme.)

Comment

Originally posted by Archetype View Post
        It's also weird because Eli Wallace seems to know a lot about science fiction himself. The only reason he doesn't know anything about Stargate is that in his universe Stargate isn't a TV show. (Although he may notice a strange similarity to Wormhole X-treme.)
        That would be a really great reference if he compares something to Wormhole X-treme
        sigpic
        A lot of the things that made Stargate awesome, but just with steroids, spread all over it. - Brian J. Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Helmar View Post
          That would be a really great reference if he compares something to Wormhole X-treme
          Yeah, it would be awesome if Wormhole X-treme references came as naturally as references to other sci-fi. Of course they would have to be veiled references to SG-1 (Martin's rather distorted view of it). That would be quite funny.
          Young would of course find it incredibly not funny.
          I wonder if
          Spoiler:
          the computer game in which Eli solves a puzzle - getting him into Icarus base - is part of the WX franchise...
          "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.

Comment

I finished Virtua Tennis 2 at the local video game place today...I have pumped so much money into that thing so I am very proud!!

Now I am sitting waiting for the knock on my door from O'Neill.....
            sigpic

Comment

I don't know if tennis qualifies for a scientific challenge big enough to get you into a SG-team
              sigpic
              A lot of the things that made Stargate awesome, but just with steroids, spread all over it. - Brian J. Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                I wonder if
                Spoiler:
                the computer game in which Eli solves a puzzle - getting him into Icarus base - is part of the WX franchise...
                Spoiler:
                I've always imagined it as Wormhole X-treme Worlds, or maybe thats too similar to Stargate Worlds ... maybe Wormhole X-treme Planets !

I'd love for Eli to be a fan of Wormhole X-treme.

Comment

Spoiler:
                  world of wormhole X-treme.

anyway, i do find it funny that they are polar opposites.

Comment

Originally posted by Helmar View Post
                    I don't know if tennis qualifies for a scientific challenge big enough to get you into a SG-team
                    I dunno it took a lot of commitment and dedication.

Actually the funny thing was as I reached the final some old asian bloke was standing behind me and quietly nodding in approval when I won key points. He was like the Mr Miyagi of Virtua Tennis 2.
                    sigpic

Comment

At least one of the actors is a fan of Stargate, all the others were clueless.

Comment

Originally posted by leanbarton View Post
                        At least one of the actors is a fan of Stargate, all the others were clueless.
                        How do you come to the conclusion that the non-fans were completely clueless? Also that statement doesn't exactly add anything new to this discussion, we already knew that DB was a big fan of Stargate and the others not so much.

Comment

How do you come to the conclusion that the non-fans were completely clueless? Also that statement doesn't exactly add anything new to this discussion, we already knew that DB was a big fan of Stargate and the others not so much.
                          We know that Brian J. Smith is a Trek geek. I bet it would be easy for a certain actor to persuade him to become Gate geek.
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

I didn't understand the statement either. If it's meant as a bash on SGU, it makes even less sense as the casts of SGA and SG1 were in no better position (for the most part) coming into their respective roles.
                            Sig by Pandora's Box
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                              I didn't understand the statement either. If it's meant as a bash on SGU, it makes even less sense as the casts of SGA and SG1 were in no better position (for the most part) coming into their respective roles.
                              *Shrugs* Who knows the mind of a probie?

Anywho, I'm waiting for DB to persuade EL to start twittering with the rest of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X