Favourite Molari Line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite Molari Line?

Just wondering what everyone's favourite lines from the show are.

and since there don't seem to be any of these threads in this part of the forum I figured might as well start with Mollari.

Mine is, the back and forth between Londo and Vir in "The War Prayer"

Londo: "My shoes are too tight..."
    Vir: ...excuse me?
    Londo: something my father said. He was... old... very old at the time. I went into his room, and he was sitting alone, in the dark, crying. So I asked him, what was wrong, and he said. "My shoes are too tight... but it doesn't matter... because I have forgotten how to dance..." ...I never understood what that ment until now. My shoes are too tight... and I have forgotten how to dance.
    Vir: I don't understand.
    Londo: ...nor should you...

It's just so beautiful, and Peter Jurasik delivers it so poiniantly. I well up even just reading it.

what about the rest of you?

"Say goodbye to your sanity!"

Spoiler:

Mollari: Isn't it ironic? When I first came to Babylon 5 I had all the choices in the world, and no power at all... now I have all the power I could ever want... and no choice... no choice...

Mollari: It was something my father said. I was just a boy... and I heard him, crying in his room. I asked him what was wrong, and he said "My shoes are too tight... but it does not matter... because I have forgotten how to dance..." ...I never understood that until now... now... my shoes are too tight... and I have forgotten how to dance...
    Vir: I don't understand...
    Mollari: ...nor should you...

My favorite was his interaction with Vir in one of the early episodes where they're talking about an Earth animal with webbed feet that quacks and is called...a cat.

Comment

"Great Maker!"

Short and simple. If there is a quote that defines Londo Mollari, it has to be this one.
      "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

The War. The humans, I think, knew they were doomed, but where another race would surrender to despair, the humans fought back with even greater strength. They made the Minbari fight for every inch of space. In my life, I have never seen anything like it. They would weep, they would pray, they would say good-bye to their loved ones, and then throw themselves, without fear or hesitation, at the very face of death itself, never surrendering. No one who saw them fighting against the inevitable could help but be moved to tears by their courage, their stubborn nobility. When they ran out of ships, they used guns. When they ran out of guns, they used knives, and sticks, and bare hands. They were magnificent. I only hope that when it is my time, I may die with half as much dignity as I saw in their eyes at the end. They did this for two years! They never ran out of courage. But in the end, they ran out of time.

Londo: In the months and the years to come, you may hear many strange things about me, my behavior. Well, they say the position .. changes you. And I just .. I .. I wanted to--"
        G'Kar: "I understand."
        Londo: "Perhaps. And perhaps you do not understand as much as you think. Pray .. that you never do, G'Kar. Pray .. that you never truly understand."
        Last edited by jds1982; 20 August 2009, 05:26 AM.
        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Same as above. Bring a lump to the throat every time.
          Coupled with the images when Londo speaks, it soooo good!

Spoiler:
          The humans, I think, knew they were doomed, but where another race would surrender to despair, the humans fought back with even greater strength. They made the Minbari fight for every inch of space. In my life, I have never seen anything like it. They would weep, they would pray, they would say good-bye to their loved ones, and then throw themselves, without fear or hesitation, at the very face of death itself, never surrendering. No one who saw them fighting against the inevitable could help but be moved to tears by their courage, their stubborn nobility. When they ran out of ships, they used guns. When they ran out of guns, they used knives, and sticks, and bare hands. They were magnificent. I only hope that when it is my time, I may die with half as much dignity as I saw in their eyes at the end. They did this for two years! They never ran out of courage. But in the end, they ran out of time."
          – Emperor Londo Mollari
          sigpic
          385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
            Same as above. Bring a lump to the throat every time.
            Coupled with the images when Londo speaks, it soooo good!
            Yeah I love that one too.

A couple of other choice ones are

"Vir, intellegance has nothing to do with politics!"

"I do not like anything with eight legs.... except for the Venzini, but only because they're terrible at cards something to do with, compound eyes I think..."

Even when he was a darker character he still was pretty funny

"Say goodbye to your sanity!"

Spoiler:

Mollari: Isn't it ironic? When I first came to Babylon 5 I had all the choices in the world, and no power at all... now I have all the power I could ever want... and no choice... no choice...

Mollari: It was something my father said. I was just a boy... and I heard him, crying in his room. I asked him what was wrong, and he said "My shoes are too tight... but it does not matter... because I have forgotten how to dance..." ...I never understood that until now... now... my shoes are too tight... and I have forgotten how to dance...
            Vir: I don't understand...
            Mollari: ...nor should you...

Comment

He was such a tragic figure... I wanted to hit him so many times in the first few seasons, and then there at the end, when we alone in the audience know the terrible price he must pay for peace... I want to weep for the poor man's soul. Regarded forevermore as a cold, heartless man who turned his back to a galaxy in ruins, never seen as perhaps the one who saved us all from utter destruction. His last few appearances really pulled at the heartstrings, and it seemed that no matter how despicable he may have been, his tragedy was too much to not feel something for.
              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

one of mine is in the same scene where he's trying to get that bug

*talking to the maitenance guy*

"Don't hang up on me.....Don't hang up on me....*click*.....He hung up on me......

also to Vir he was like "If you see anything this big (holds fingers apart to denote his exaggerated size of the insect) with eight legs....kill it....quickly.....before it develops language skills.....

*showing picture of his wives to Vir*

"these are Plague, Famine, and Pestilence....you think I married them for their good looks?!?!?!?!?!"

Comment

always a hoot also was Londo and G'Kar interacting....at times they sounded like an old married couple....

Comment

Originally posted by Dimbo_Sama View Post
                    Yeah I love that one too.

A couple of other choice ones are

"Vir, intellegance has nothing to do with politics!"

"I do not like anything with eight legs.... except for the Venzini, but only because they're terrible at cards something to do with, compound eyes I think..."

Even when he was a darker character he still was pretty funny
                    - Londo is right about that one....if you show any sign of actually listening to your constituents these days you're branded as a traitor....

Comment

I also liked Londo looking on like a proud father as Vir shows the one Drazi just who's boss.....

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                        - Londo is right about that one....if you show any sign of actually listening to your constituents these days you're branded as a traitor....
                        It doesn't matter who you are, or what party affiliation you have, you're either unAmerican or a Nazi. Sometimes I wonder if Clarke's Earth is really that far away.

Note: I'm not endorsing any political view here, I'm just noting the hate that seems to be endemic in politics these days.
                        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Well jds, I'm about as unAmerican as it gets. Simple for the fact that I'm born and bred Scottish. Our politicians are just as bad - they all could do with a good slapping with a wet fish, tbh. Heh.

Anyhoo, that's enough of that. I'm not going to let smelly politics ruin a good thread.

I love this line:

Do you know what the last Xon said just before he died?
                          [Clutches heart]
                          Ambassador Londo Mollari: AAAAAAAAAAAARGHHH!
                          I like his short, sharp comments, but this one is really memorable and marks the change in Londo Mollari. It came right after Morden's infamous question...
                          Do you really want to know what I want? Do you really want to know the truth? I want my people to reclaim their rightful place in the galaxy. I want to see the Centauri stretch forth their hand again and command the stars. I want a rebirth of glory, a renaissance of power! I want to stop running through my life like a man late for an appointment, afraid to look back or look forward. I want us to be what we used to be! I want... I want it all back the way it was. Does that answer your question?
                          "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Londo's words regarding humans were very poignant in "In the Beginning" so those lines would be right up there with my favorites too....heh....we were arrogant enough to believe we could defeat anybody....till we met the Minbari....actually the war though would've been more even if it wasn't for the Minbari's damnable sensor stealth......but we still found creative ways of kicking at least some of their butts....of course it could've all been avoided if both Jankowski and the Minbari had shown better judgment

but another favorite was after G'Kar and Londo became more or less friends:

"I told you...wherever he goes, I go.....and surely they would not imprison their own Prime Minister.....*clank*......I don't believe it....they have imprisoned me!!!!"....*more indignant sputtering*

Comment

Who can find a favorite.. there are dozens:

"Okay, we made a mistake. I'm sorry. Here, open my wrist."
                              "Centauri don't have major arteries in their wrist."
                              "Of course we don't. What do you think, I'm stupid?"

-- Londo and Garibaldi in Babylon 5:"Midnight on the Firing Line"

"Six months ago they were hardly aware of me. Now, suddenly everyone is my friend, everyone wants something. I wanted respect. Instead I've turned to a wishing-well with legs."

-- Londo to Vir in Babylon 5:"Acts of Sacrifice"

"I heard a joke today. I probably shouldn't repeat it, but .. who are you going to tell? How many Centauri does it take to .. ahem screw in a lightbulb? .. Just one, but in the great old days of the Republic hundreds of servants would change a thousand lightbulbs at our slightest whim."

-- Londo to Lennier in Babylon 5:"Convictions"

Comment

Working...
                              X