Out of curiosity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of curiosity

I've seen a movie called "Knowing", which was imho. great and one of the best things I've ever seen. It basically dealt with the end of the world and with the "help from above". I know many people hate the whole "God thing" on BSG. So 'I have a question for you, what would you do if BSG would have ended like "Knowing" did. It turns out that in fact, those strange people who saved humanity were actually aliens, which in the pure energy form looked like angles with wings. I also know, that people hated this kind of ending in "Knowing". I like both endings, this in BSG and this one in "Knowing". Your thoughs?
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

I think it would have been entirely ridiculous and disingenuous to the previous source material.

And totally pulling a rabbit out of somewhere other than their proverbial hat
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I wouldn't mind this kind of ending in BSG, but I still like the whole God thing, even that I'm an atheist
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

Oh I am too, but I really do think that the god angle was a tremendous plot angle rarely (if ever) seen in science fiction. I just really don't think that the story could've worked without it.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Heck the original BSG had those angelic things that were runnign around. RDM just (thankfully) did not make them so omni present, just in the back ground, a force un seen. That we do not know anything really, and can only guess. The great mystical beings does not come and tell us what the heck they are doing

Comment

I am just fine with how they chose to end BSG. I wouldn't change it.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I know many people who loved the ending. Me included.
              Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Personally I loved how BSG ended and I definately would not want a Knowing type ending. I did enjoy the movie however. But then again I have a total fetish for "end of the world" movies. I find them oddly relaxing and soothing lmao.

Comment

I would have liked the ending much better if after coming over the moon and seeing Earth, they would have then shown, Bill next to the Laura's grave. One of the best series ever, but RDM got so tied up in wrapping up each character he lost focus on what had gone before.

I still can not beleive they would just give up their technology, because Lee thought it was a good idea. Loved the first 1 hour and half of final, but last hour was a let down.

Comment

Originally posted by Cy'Lan View Post
                    I would have liked the ending much better if after coming over the moon and seeing Earth, they would have then shown, Bill next to the Laura's grave. One of the best series ever, but RDM got so tied up in wrapping up each character he lost focus on what had gone before.

I still can not beleive they would just give up their technology, because Lee thought it was a good idea. Loved the first 1 hour and half of final, but last hour was a let down.
                    so you're saying that saying goodbye to our characters, was actually bad idea?
                    Stolen Kosovo
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                      so you're saying that saying goodbye to our characters, was actually bad idea?
                      Kara, poof, gone.

Lee, no longer in the military, or President and on the spur of the moment with no input from anyone, decides everyones fate. I can see why he might think of doing that, but I can't see him being that full of himself. I also can't see the rest of the fleet, going along with it.

I liked the ending for Laura and Bill, her never stepping foot on Earth.

I could have enjoyed it much more if they left the ending open and you knew they found Earth, but it was left to each viewer what happened next. I also thought the ending for the Battlestar was lame, it should have been allowed to go out in glory, not just floating out to sea (the sun) and going away.

RDM got so wrapped up in the characters the storyline got fracked up in the end. I still loved the series, but couldn't not see the ending.

Comment

Working...
                      X