Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Browder signing mean more seasons for SG1?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Browder signing mean more seasons for SG1?

I believe the answer here is clearly YES. I don't think TPTB would be adding a new regular character this "late" if they did not intend for SG1 to continue beyond S9. This is great news because we finally won't be going through another "last" season of SG1.

Well if RDA is really reducing his screen time, they really needed to add a new cast member. Hopefully a new character will shake things up a little, in a good way and add to the team. I'd like to see more seasons if Browder does that, and I think he could.

Comment

Nah, Ben will be the arc to close SG1 and transition to SGA

Comment

Either way, I hope they take the time to develop his character really well and define his personality and role in the SG-1 team.

Comment

I'm undecided.

It could go 50-50

BB Could be a good thing, and the show could increase in popularity, but he could also spell doom for this portion of the franchise.

I'm not much fussed.
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

i don't think so. with both RDA and Tapping missing out on a majority of S9, i think that bringing in a new character is more about keeping the season interesting that keeping the show going. bringing in a new character would keep s9 interesting while RDA and Tapping are off with their families and it could help draw peoples attention away to them not getting much screen time

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, plus new storyline potential.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                I'm undecided.

It could go 50-50

BB Could be a good thing, and the show could increase in popularity, but he could also spell doom for this portion of the franchise.

I'm not much fussed.
                Yep I think you're right, it could go either way

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade
                  ...and Tapping missing out on a majority of S9
                  Who ever said that? I believe she may miss some early eps but the majority??

Comment

Well it may mean more SG1, but its definatley the final nail in the coffin for those hoping for more Farscape.
                    More of both would be great, but I'm happy either way.
                    It'll be nice to see what they do if Claudia Black makes a guest appearance in season 9.
                    Andy "Chores!?! What are we, Amish?"
                    Charlene Spencer "He's gotten so precocious."
                    Citizen Joe

Comment

Yeah, it's only the first few episodes, I think. I'm pretty happy that they're actually introducing a new cast member who is possibly a new SG-1 team member.

Comment

I think that Browder is the replacement for Gen. Oneill. Why does RDA want to leave the show?
                        Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

Why does she have to miss any? Creative writing - pre-recorded lines. They have said they often film multiple episodes at once to save on studio costs, so why can't she film some multiple scenes then they just cut and paste them in later.

Sure they will mostly be close up shots and involve sitting behind a desk or looking down a microscope, but it can be done that she appears to always be there

Comment

Spend time with his family, he's been scaling back his involvement since Season Seven.

Comment

Originally posted by GateTraveler
                              Who ever said that? I believe she may miss some early eps but the majority??
                              well considering she is supposed to give birth the same month S9 starts to film, she is more likely to spend most of her time with her newborn child than filming. i would expect her to be on screen about as much as RDA was in S6 or maybe even S7 so she may get small scenes occasionally through the episodes but she would still be missing most of each episode.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X