The Job,starring Denis Leary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Job,starring Denis Leary

There was this (Great) comedy show called The Job [2001-2002]. Starring Denis Leary
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0272980/

Is there any special reason why it was cancelled? Why didn't it get viewers? IMO it was one of the best comedy shows in a long time. What do you think?

Although I have not watched the show, I'm assuming the ratings for the show warranted the network to cancel the show. A show with bad ratings always gets cancelled real quick.

Comment

leary always gets the shaft on tv.

i'm surprised Rescue Me has been picked up for a 2nd season.
      Thanks!
      Jordan

my page
      My LJ
      From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

You could as the same of any other "good" series, Ruff. Why do all the "good" ones get cancelled? If they're so awesome, how come they don't get the ratings they "deserve"? Why aren't "you people" watching a show that's so obviously "fantastic"?

Tastes differ. That's basically it. One fan's feast is another fan's refuse. If anyone could figure out some uber secret winning formula for a show, or how to make people watch a show, well... they'd have a fortune on their hands.

Comment

^ Yeah that's what I'm wondering.. Wasn't there enough fans of this show in U.S? How many were needed for season 3?

All I'm wondering is that so few liked this show, which was after all quite the same as most of the comedy series on tv.. was that it? What went wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
            You could as the same of any other "good" series, Ruff. Why do all the "good" ones get cancelled? If they're so awesome, how come they don't get the ratings they "deserve"? Why aren't "you people" watching a show that's so obviously "fantastic"?

Tastes differ. That's basically it. One fan's feast is another fan's refuse. If anyone could figure out some uber secret winning formula for a show, or how to make people watch a show, well... they'd have a fortune on their hands.
            Well if you want male teens just use TSA-(exsplanation not fit for PG forum) if you want women but NO teen males respect women have some strong female roles and it won't hurt to have some hunky sensitive guy with a small role take his shirt off. I the humble opinion of a teen male.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ruff
              ^ Yeah that's what I'm wondering.. Wasn't there enough fans of this show in U.S? How many were needed for season 3?

All I'm wondering is that so few liked this show, which was after all quite the same as most of the comedy series on tv.. was that it? What went wrong?
              Maybe it wasn't advertised that much? I never heard of it and I have basic cable.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ruff
                Again, if anyone could figure out why shows don't do well, there'd be a lot fewer cancelled shows out there. It isn't any one THING, Ruff, you can't just point at a prop or a person or an ep and say, "THAT is why the show died!" It isn't that simple. It's a variety of contributing factors which, taken on their own don't mean anything, but when added together just mean audiences went ehhh. And sometimes it's just bad luck. Some shows you look at and say, "Why in hell is that so popular?" It's basically the same thing, some intangible combination, some strange planetary alignment. If you're looking for an answer, you'll never find it because there IS no answer.

Fans have been asking that question ever since the first show was cancelled and to my knowledge, no one has ever come up with a definitive answer. And in the case of The Job... *shrug* Who knows?

Comment

Working...
                X