Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GIMP tutorials?

Hi everyone!

Unfortunately, I have Photoshop 5, and I don't particularly enjoy using it, so...I downloaded the latest version of the GIMP. However, I'm not sure whether I can make some of the gorgeous PS-style banners and icons using the GIMP. If anyone has any GIMP tutorials that they can share to help me out a bit, I'd really appreciate it!

Teal'c_PI
    sigpic
    ~the guitarists~

There's this site which might be of use to you

And most of the PS tuts work in GIMP...the one main difference is that GIMP doesn't have selective coloring and 80% of the tuts for PS use that feature.

Hope that helped a bit

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

There is also a good list of tutorials for icon colouring here

Comment

Youtube has a ton of GIMP tuts too.
        Slidell and I are re-watching SG1. Why don't you join us? SGBFFF-SG1-Rewatchsigpic
        You want to read Torn written by Slidell Yes... yes you do.

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c_PI View Post
          Hi everyone!

Unfortunately, I have Photoshop 5, and I don't particularly enjoy using it, so...I downloaded the latest version of the GIMP. However, I'm not sure whether I can make some of the gorgeous PS-style banners and icons using the GIMP. If anyone has any GIMP tutorials that they can share to help me out a bit, I'd really appreciate it!

Teal'c_PI

If you want I can walk you threw some of it. I've been doing it awhile, but mostly know simple things. I love using GIMP.
          Last edited by scifan; 14 August 2009, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X