Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iron Fist (Marvel) - Movie/Netflix Show News/Discussion/Speculation

Marvel's hiring writers

Marvel will invite up to five writers each year to work on specific projects, said a source familiar with the deal. Those could include staffers behind Marvel's comicbooks. Tenpercenteries around town are currently pitching potential candidates with writing samples.

The company will provide the specific pitches it wants the scribes to tackle. Those could involve certain plot points for movies already in development or characters it would like to see in its future film slate.

Gathering of scribes will help Marvel come up with creative ways to launch its lesser-known properties, such as Black Panther, Cable, Doctor Strange, Iron Fist, Nighthawk and Vision.

http://www.variety.com/VR1118001734.html

Ray Park Still Wants To Play "Iron Fist"

At last weekend's Wizard World Chicago, an audience member asked Park(Darth Maul, Snake Eyes, Toad) what his dream role would be...

"I actually want to be Danny Rand -- I want to be Iron Fist, I want to do it," Park said. "I've been blond before. I'll work on the American accent as well."

Park joked that one of the main reasons he wants the role is to shake off his trademark ninja clothes and Sith robes for something a bit more revealing.

"I want to have an excuse to take my top off and show off my abs," he joked. "Or, take my top off and work to get my abs back that I used to have when I was 19."

Park was previously attached to the role back in 2001 when the movie's rights were held by Artisan Entertainment. Now that the rights have reverted back to Marvel, Park said that if we do see Fist onscreen it will be right beside his Heroes For Hire buddy Luke Cage!

"If they ever do an 'Iron Fist' movie, it's going to be with the two [characters] teaming up," he said.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...e/news/?a=9170

SDCC 10: What's After Avengers?

During a roundtable interview for Thor tonight at San Diego Comic-Con, Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige addressed the company's rough plan for post-2012. "What happens after {Avengers} is what's being discussed now. Obviously, you've heard about Doctor Strange. I've been a vocal fan of Strange for a long time. Black Panther, I think, I mentioned recently. Fraction and Brubaker's reinvention of Iron Fist has gotten me excited to do some version of that in our world."

That was something that we had been discussing in very small meetings, which clearly somebody there had microphones in. (laughter) There's nothing actively being done with that. In the discussions of 'How do we do more with more of our characters?' and characters that may not fit in giant Ken Branagh-sized films, but who we'd love to bring to life somehow."

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/110/1108389p1.html

Comment

Marvel Considering 'Iron Fist' & 'S.H.I.E.L.D.' Movies, 'Black Panther' & 'Guardians Of The Galaxy,' Too!

Beyond "Runaways," little is known about Marvel's plans for how to proceed once "The Avengers" lands in theaters. Speaking with MTV News, Marvel studio chief Kevin Feige discussed some of the possible projects they're looking at as follow-ups to the "Avengers" franchise once all's said and done on Iron Man, Thor and Captain America's first big screen team-up.

"I think what Ed Brubaker and Matt Fraction have done with 'Iron Fist' lately is exciting," Feige told MTV News. "I think 'Black Panther' and Wakanda has some amazing potential to be a feature film. 'Doctor Strange,' as you've mentioned. There are some obscure titles, too, like 'Guardians of the Galaxy.' I think they've been revamped recently in a fun way in the book."

Of course, Marvel already has its fair share of established characters that could carry their own film, such as War Machine, Black Widow and — most especially, considering his reported nine picture deal — Samuel L. Jackson's very own Nick Fury. Is it possible that fans will ever see a Fury-centric film? "I think the answer is yes," said Feige. "I think S.H.I.E.L.D. could be it's own franchise. I think, frankly, 'The Avengers' is going to be told from that point of view more so than any of the other films at that point, so we're going to get an inside look [at how S.H.I.E.L.D.] operates."

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/08/06...of-the-galaxy/

Comment

Marvel Studios Moving Forward With Iron Fist Live-Action Adaption!

t seems Marvel Studios is moving forward with the intention of adapting lesser known properties into live-action films. While Marvel has four more films under the preexisting distribution deal with Paramount, including THOR, Captain America, Iron Man 3, and The Avengers, soon Disney will be distributing their films. And now according to Deadline, Marvel is moving forward with one of the films that Disney will distribute, Iron Fist.

"Marvel Studios is moving forward on a live action feature version of Iron Fist, hiring screenwriter Rich Wilkes to draft a movie based on a martial arts expert whose battle with a dragon--ended when he plunged his hands through the beast's molten heart-turned his fists into indestructible weapons."

It may be a few years til we see Danny Rand, whose power through concentration can harness his spiritual energy to augment his physical and mental capabilities, on the big-screen. In April 2003 Steve Carr entered negotiations to direct, and in November 2003 the release date was moved to 2006. Then in March 2007 Carr placed Iron Fist on hold due to scheduling conflicts. Since then, it has been unknown whether or not he'll be directing, or if Marvel Studios will find someone new.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=21890

Comment

I wonder if Power Man aka Luke Cage will be in it.
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
            I wonder if Power Man aka Luke Cage will be in it.
            I think the only way to make a hit out of either char, is to pair them up. Neither on their own's big enough to make for a hit, but together they might make it.

Comment

Sounds like Marvel is having a little trouble finding a creative direction for Iron Fist...

Marvel Hasn’t Cracked The IRON FIST Series Yet
              Why you shouldn't expect to see Danny Rand in LUKE CAGE.

The Marvel Netflix universe is in full swing - Daredevil season 2 has been in pre-production for a little while and I think they may have even started shooting some stuff, while Jessica Jones (they lost the AKA) is very far along. Luke Cage is in the writing stage, and I understand they have more than half the season broken and are working on scripts. But what about Iron Fist?

What I'm hearing is that Marvel still hasn't decided what the direction of the show will be. They've brought in a lot of people to pitch, and have been having a lot of discussions, but so far nothing has stuck. My understanding is that one of the big hold-ups is the mystical element, with lots of different opinions on just how much weird wuxia to bring in to the show. I don't know if there are other arguments about the race of the character, although I do hope they're considering how to best proceed with that.

In the comics Danny Rand is Iron Fist, and he is more than just a kick-ass martial artist. He trained with the mystical masters of the hidden city of K'un Lun (which appears on Earth once every ten years) and gained the power of the Iron Fist - he can channel all of his body's chi into his fist, which allows him to hit with superhuman strength, and which gives his fist a cool glow. This is what sets Iron Fist apart from, say, Shang-Chi, Master of Kung-Fu, who has no actual powers.

But will Danny have powers in the show? It's an interesting problem for the Netflixverse - the first season of Daredevil was so grounded that Daredevil's radar sense was backgrounded to an extent that some newbies told me they didn't even know Daredevil had powers. You could technically do that with Iron Fist - he could mention his chi and **** a couple of times, but you don't have his hand glow - but then why not just do Shang-Chi? At least that would get you an Asian hero in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I assume Danny Rand will be white because the character in the comics is white, and Marvel tends to default to reflecting the established character when it comes to major names. Part of what makes Iron Fist cool is the mystical stuff, and losing that just makes him feel like Baby Daredevil. And by the time Iron Fist debuts we will have had four seasons of Marvel on Netflix, which means it will surely be high time to bring in some high weirdness.

There were some moments in the first season of Daredevil that opened the door for weirdness in Iron Fist, most notably the seemingly-supernatural powers of Madame Gao. The show also had a glimpse of a symbol that appeared to hint at Iron Fist villain Steel Serpent, although everything I have read and heard indicates that stuff was thrown in as easter eggs, as opposed to being part of a meticulous plan. Those elements exist and can be picked up on by the Iron Fist showrunner, but they're not set in stone.

The upside of all this: while I bet you see Jessica Jones and Luke Cage pop up in Daredevil season 2, you shouldn't hold your breath for Danny Rand to show up in any of the other Netflix shows. The Luke Cage writers room is so far along on that series that if they could work Danny Rand in, it would have to be at the very, very end of the season. I suspect that the schedule for iron Fist is such that they won't even cast the lead until the end of the year/early next year, and since the studio doesn't even know how they're approaching the character why bring him in to another show and define him before you've figured him out?
              Last edited by DigiFluid; 01 October 2016, 12:50 PM.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                Gathering of scribes will help Marvel come up with creative ways to launch its lesser-known properties, such as Black Panther, Cable, Doctor Strange, Iron Fist, Nighthawk and Vision.
                Black panther, nighthawk and Iron fist i can see maybe being more lesser known, but NOT dr strange or Cable..

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                Ray Park Still Wants To Play "Iron Fist"
                He would be a great pick.

Comment

I would think Cable would off limits. Isn't he considered an X-Men character?
                  sigpic

Comment

He is, but he has had a lot of cross over into the other groups. Just like Wolverine has.

Comment

I know, but what I mean is he might be off limits rights wise.

Still a shame he was not in Days of Future Past, though I suppose it makes sense
                      sigpic

Comment

True, Bishop was there, which makes me wonder why we didn't see others.. Even if only in a write up like the others Mistique saw..

Though for when they DO do cable, will he be already the buff techno organic version, or will he be younger, before he got infected?
                        Will it be in the current time after the Askanni sent him back, or in the future?

Comment

Not much for us to comment or speculate but nonetheless pretty exciting. This one will probably be the strangest/mystical out of the four series.
                          sigpic

Comment

I saw not much about that 'exciting'...

Comment

I agree, I am not sure what the show would be about. Of course I haven't read the comic books.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X