No announcement yet.

Iron Fist (Marvel) - Movie/Netflix Show News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They've only seen the first 6 episodes right? So it could just start slowly and get better...

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
      They've only seen the first 6 episodes right? So it could just start slowly and get better...
      Right, maybe it's like 'reverse Luke Cage,' which had an awesome first six and then it went completely off the rails.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I've had time for 3 episodes so far today, and I quite like it. Bit of a slow burn, but in a good way (IMO). Maybe that'll change over the course of the remaining 10 episodes, but thus far I'm not seeing what the critics complained about.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I've only watched the first two episodes, but I really liked them. I'm also not seeing what the critics complained about so far.
          sigpic

Comment

I've just finished episode 10 and I still really like it. I don't care if it has a white man doing kung fu and being the "white savior", that seems to be the main complaint in a lot/most of the reviews that I've read. I might have been more sympathetic to this complaint, if the character was actually Asian in the comics, and if show didn't have a fairly diverse cast and a strong independent character like Colleen Wing. She might not be the main lead, but she's probably had the most development outside of Danny, and the character really stands out (in a good way).

I'm also not finding the show too slow or boring. Luke Cage was way slower paced than this show, IMO. I'm still kind of stuck on episode 5 or 6 of that show (I think I kind of watched episode 5, but once the credits started rolling I realized that I didn't remember anything that happened during the episode because I kept getting distracted by other things, so I started it over again). I like all of the characters on Iron Fist, and I find them interesting. I like the score and the opening sequence. The actors might not be the greatest the world has to offer, but no one's acting has been that bad that I was taken out of a scene, or left thinking "wow that's some bad acting" or "they're really overacting (in a bad way) during that scene". All the characters feel fairly natural in their roles (IMO). I think Finn Jones does a pretty good job playing Danny Rand (he seems to get better as the show goes on, and so do most of the other actors). I actually had doubts about him when I realized that he was the same guy who played Loras on GoT, so I was surprised when I actually liked him in this. So far, I'm finding the show very entertaining. I'm going to try to watch the last three episodes today if I have time, hopefully I'll enjoy those as well.
            sigpic

Comment

Ive just finished episode 5 and cant see what the fuss it about.

Yeah, its a bit slower than the other shows, but its focusing more on the story, and Im intruiged... I also dont really care what race the main guy is, I know hes not meant to be white from my limited comic book knowledge...

I completely forgot the guy that plays Rand was also in GoT...

Comment

He's white in the comics too, I looked up pictures of his comic counterpart l, and I read one review that said something along the lines that making him white might have been something Marvel could get away with in the 70s when he was created, but in today's world they should recognize that it's cultural appropriation and so they should have made him Korean or Chinese for the show.
                sigpic

Comment

I actually finished this on Saturday afternoon

So my scattered thoughts...

All those whining reviews a few days ago? BS the lot of them. Case-in-point of why you shouldn't trust reviewers. In particular, that idea of it being "racially uncomfortable"? Total nonsense. At no point was that even remotely the case. Also nonsense: those reviews that accused the fight scenes of being awkward or timid. Nope. False.

The casting was solid for every character. Particularly outstanding were Ward, Colleen, and Madame Gao. This is not to denigrate the other actors (I may have developed a bit of a crush on Jessica Stroup/Joy), but those three in particular stood out as excellent.

If I have to name my biggest complaint, it's that the season was a little *too* even-handed. The slow-burn approach is fine, but in order for it to pay off, it has to PAY OFF. The season ended and resolved the story it was telling, but there was no BANG to to pay off. Of course, the "bang" doesn't always work--see the 2nd half of Luke Cage to see great promise collapse utterly. Still though. It was well-told, and spooled out its story effectively. And the use of supporting Netflix characters was excellent.

Comment

It is a little slower paced but it's good on its own so far. I'm coming in knowing nothing about the Iron Fist in the comics or anywhere else. As a TV show, it's interesting and I want to know more. I like how they brought in some Netflix characters from the other show as well as whats-their-faces siblings that currently control the Rand company. I'm only a few episodes in, I have about 9 or 10 left.
                    By Nolamom
                    sigpic

Comment

I watched the whole show and liked it. I don't honestly get all the hate. Sure there are many things that they could have done better, but I generally enjoyed what I was watching. I think the really only big things I would have changed is show the origin story instead of just telling random bits and try to make the main character have less tantrums, as he is an adult. But I know some of this is related to his culture shock and that he never truly got over his parents death.

Anyhow, I hope I didn't spoil anything. I'd actually put this show above Luke Cage, which had a slow beginning and a crappy last few episodes.
                      sigpic

Comment

According to third party tracking it's the most binged drama Netflix has made. Brexit, Trump and now this, how will media SJWs ever recover?

Comment

What are you on about?
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

I just assumed it was (poor) trolling and ignored it.

Comment

Finally finished this, although it was slow to start of with, it was a very enjoyable series.

I didnt think it suffered like the others where they dropped off a bit towards the end...

Comment

Iron Fist will be returning for Season 2

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/iron...ix-1202503174/

Comment

Working...
                                X