This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kino-SGU: Beyond The Episodes Discussion /Spec

Battlestar Galactica also entertained fans with a webisode miniseries between seasons of that show, and other sci-fi shows have been quick to make the quantum leap to web TV. Toronto-born executive producer Brad Wright says he'll be steering the new Stargate Universe in that direction. He plans to produce 30 short webisodes all built around a flying camera ball called Kino.

"It's flying around and spying on people," he says. "They are literally just voyeuristic scenes we're shooting specifically for the web." Wright says he has an entire production unit dedicated to the task. "It's an extra way to get a window on our program and gives fans a slice of life look at our ship." (Look for it on Space's website once the show is launched this fall.)

Wright and others get the word loud and clear at events such as Comic-Con that fans demand and expect extra web content.
    http://www.thestar.com/article/678419

What do people think??

Excellent. Surprised by the number though, that must be setting them back a bit of cash, then again adverts on the page might pay for them...

Comment

OH YES.

30?! Wow, that's crazy, but awesome. What's also awesome is that they're going to be up on SPACE!! Us Canadians can watch it!!

Comment

Very cool, and a different take on the idea to your typical Lost/BSG webisodes.

Comment

Did Lost do them too?

Comment

Its not a bad idea but I suggest they take the BSG route and not make then crucial to watch to understand the arc of the series
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
              Did Lost do them too?
              There was the "Lost Mobisode". Heroes has also done webisodes.

I wonder how they will air the 30 webisodes - continuously or in blocks of say 5?

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                There was the "Lost Mobisode". Heroes has also done webisodes.

I wonder how they will air the 30 webisodes - continuously or in blocks of say 5?
                Not sure. I mean, they always have the option of releasing one midweek between episode airings.

I'm hoping they will give a little more insight into that characters personalities and relationships, but will not be needed to enjoy the show, but rather be just a little bonus to watch.
                sigpic

Comment

This is FANTASTIC! Brilliant use of the Kinos. I really am looking forward to these webisodes but I do hope they'll revolve around day-to-day life, and not include any crucial info that won't be covered within the episodes proper.
                  Still...absolutely stoked for this. Looks like they're really aiming to do this thing right.

Comment

Ive never heard of the website (if anybody could tell me the address I would be very gratefull.)

Sounds cool.

30 Webisodes of what 5-10 mins each week is pretty sorted-it would also help fill in the mid-season brake-which looks like it could be from December to about April(in the US at least.)

They could even put them on the Season One DVD BoxSet whenever it comes out. Now that would be cool!

BTW: Totaly unrelated question but is the name that JM gave the SG1 movie Project Terzo-or Project Torzo?

Still waiting for British airdate of SGU.(Surprise!Surprise!)

Comment

Originally posted by MrMann101 View Post
                      Same here. It would be very nice if Sky would hurry the hell up and tell us already.
                      sigpic

Comment

Wow, very interesting. I echo the same sentiment that others have, in that I hope they're interesting but not necessarily crucial to watch. I'll watch them all anyways
                        Sig by Pandora's Box
                        sigpic

Comment

Ive never heard of the website (if anybody could tell me the address I would be very gratefull.)

Sounds cool.

30 Webisodes of what 5-10 mins each week is pretty sorted-it would also help fill in the mid-season brake-which looks like it could be from December to about April(in the US at least.)

They could even put them on the Season One DVD BoxSet whenever it comes out. Now that would be cool!

BTW: Totaly unrelated question but is the name that JM gave the SG1 movie Project Terzo-or Project Torzo?

I doubt they'll be that long, probably around 3 minutes.

Comment

[/I]
                            "Terzo" is Italian for "third"...as in third SG-1 movie...

Comment

The BSG ones were around 2 minutes, and there were a lot less of them. With a plan for 30 I expect these would be around the same length.

Either way I'm really excited to hear this news!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X