Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iron Man 3 - News/Discussion/Speculation

Jon Favreau 'confirms Iron Man 3'

Jon Favreau has confirmed that there will be a third instalment in the Iron Man franchise, it has been reported.

The filmmaker, who is currently shooting the superhero series' first sequel, said that the trilogy may be completed before the Avengers movie goes into production, Movies Online reports.

He said: "There's an Iron Man 3. Here's how I know. When they make the option deals, they include Iron Man 3. So I know they're planning on 3. Whether that would be before or after Avengers, they've announced that Avengers is next but they pushed back The Avengers once, which I thought was encouraging."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...ron-man-3.html

No complaints from this fan.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

No complaints from this fan either. I'd rather they do The Avengers after Iron Man 2. I think Iron Man 2 is going to be great, and there is no need to rush Iron Man 3, and I think being able to do Iron Man 3 after The Avengers would be able open Iron Man 3 to more potential stories and even cameos.

sigpic

Comment

Cowboys and Aliens May Delay Avengers and Iron Man 3!

This from Collider...

Yesterday we learn that Disney bought Marvel Studios and today we’re learning that Robert Downey Jr. and Jon Favreau will delay “The Avengers” and a potential “Iron Man 3? to do Alex Kurtzman Roberto Orci, and Damon Lindelof’s adaptation of Fred Van Lente and Andrew Foley’s graphic novel, “Cowboys & Aliens”.

According to The Hollywood Reporter’s Heat Vision Blog Downey and Favreau are reteaming but they’re making “Cowboys & Aliens” their next project. That completely botches a 2012 Avengers, because that year is now for “Cowboys & Aliens”. And since Downey is officially signed on for “The Avengers”, it means we’re seeing that in 2014 at the earliest. And if “Iron Man 3? comes into the picture (and I can’t think of a reason why it wouldn’t) then we’re talking a project slate that hurts my brain to even think about it.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/cowboy...s/news/?a=9715

Comment

I really don't like Avengers and Iron Man 3 being pushed back for that. What can we do though?
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            I really don't like Avengers and Iron Man 3 being pushed back for that. What can we do though?
            we can riot in front of downey and favreau house until they decide to do avngers and iron man 3 thats wat we can do.....lol but seriously there isnt anything we can do.

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
              we can riot in front of downey and favreau house until they decide to do avngers and iron man 3 thats wat we can do.....lol but seriously there isnt anything we can do.
              At least, for now, we can look forward to Iron Man 2.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

There Might Be A Big Love In Iron Man 3

Josh Tyler of Cinemablend is reporting that Jon Favreau's Elf and Made alum, Faizon Love, might have a part in Iron Man 3, and not just any part - He might be playing the villain.

Faizon says, “They already tried to put me in Iron Man but I couldn't. I think I would make it suck.” Love says that Favreau thinks he’d make a good villain and though he’s been resistant to the idea in the past now he says, “Maybe I should just get it out of my way and just do it?”

It seems that Favreau thinks highly of Faizon, though it's already too late to insert the big guy for Iron Man 2. A big enough slate may be available for him, for a very likely sequel. Love will be seen next with Favreau, on Couples Retreat, showing this 2009.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=10734

Comment

I hope to see The Mandarin as the villain.

Comment

'Iron Man 3' to feature alcoholism?

Iron Man comic book artist Bob Layton has claimed that the third movie in the blockbuster franchise could see superhero Tony Stark slip into alcoholism.

Layton, who co-created the War Machine character and consulted on the script for the forthcoming Iron Man movie, suggested that a further sequel will be based on the 'Demon In A Bottle' storyline from the original Marvel comics.

He told MTV: "I think they've come up with a terrific segue to the third film, which I think is going to be fairly powerful. My understanding is that the third film could very well be the 'Demon In A Bottle' story mixed in there with everything and I'm kind of looking forward to that, if that's where they wind up going."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...lcoholism.html

Comment

I thought Iron Man 2 was following the alcoholism story from the comics (Demon in a Bottle). Oh well, i'm sure its going to be great!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                        I thought Iron Man 2 was following the alcoholism story from the comics (Demon in a Bottle). Oh well, i'm sure its going to be great!
                        As am I. Iron Man 2 should be one terrific sequel, and hopefully, Iron Man 3 will be even better.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

one at a time please
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                            one at a time please
                            Believe me, I totally agree. There is no sense in getting too far ahead of ourselves.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Iron Man 3 & The Hangover 2 Looking To Start Shooting This Fall

Not that this should be a big surprise to anyone, but in a recent interview with actor Robert Downey Jr. about another movie he is currently working on with actor Zach Galifianakis called "Due Date," Downey Jr. is quoted as saying he expects to suit up for Iron Man 3 this fall.

http://enewsi.com/news.php?itemid=17066

Comment

Working...
                              X