Rip off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    Trust me, it is well worth watching. It sort of sucks you in. It was just mismanaged by USA...Originally the series was just that...a series. But USA wanted it changed to a miniseries, so the producers shrunk down what was supposed to be at least a five season series down to a five episode "getting the gist of what the problem is" miniseries. Then when it performed well, USA decided to give it full series status, which sent the producers scrambling trying try to make the story work again.

At least that is the impression I have gotten from what I have heard and read...
    Ugh, that's always so horrible when the networks mess with the tv shows too much. Shows don't have a chance to catch on nowadays, or if they do it seems to be not as planned out as it could have been. Now I know why. Too bad.

Originally posted by Tanith0709 View Post
    Other than both shows having characters who have supernatural powers I see no similarities between Alphas & Heroes.

Alphas is more a investigative type of show where the main characters deal with other super natural characters. If anything it's closer to the The 4400 than Heroes was.

About The 4400, even though it did end on a cliffhanger there are 2 REALLY well written books that finish off the storyline: "Welcome to Promise City" & "Promises Broken".
    Oh, good. That's very assuring. I think I will watch it when I have the time now.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Lady Blue View Post
      Ugh, that's always so horrible when the networks mess with the tv shows too much. Shows don't have a chance to catch on nowadays, or if they do it seems to be not as planned out as it could have been. Now I know why. Too bad.
      Yeah...And then the Writer's Strike combined with USA being stupid ended it.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tanith0709 View Post
        Other than both shows having characters who have supernatural powers I see no similarities between Alphas & Heroes.
        I don't see any similarity Heroes (which had a great first season) and Alphas which I truly loved. Heroes was more comic book style while Alphas is more realistic, serious with a touch of humor.
        Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Working...
        X