X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End of Time: News/Speculation/Discussion

The End Of Time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT4vieVh4d8

David Tennants final two episodes as the Doctor air on BBC 1 at 6 on Christmas day, and part 2 on New Years day and amongst other things its being confirmed that all of the doctors previous companions except Martha and Mickey will be appearing.

Part 1
    Its the Tenth Doctor's final journey – but his psychotic nemesis the Master has been reborn, on Christmas Eve. With both determined to cheat death, the battle ranges from the wastelands of London to the mysterious Immortality Gate, while the alien Ood warn of an even greater danger approaching, as a terrible shadow falls across the entire Universe.

Part 2
    The Doctor faces the end of his life as the Master's plans hurtle out of control. With the sound of drums growing louder, and an ancient trap closing around the Earth, the Doctor and Wilf must fight alone. But sacrifices must be made, and the deadly prophecy warns: "He will knock four times."

Can't frakking wait!!!!!
    Last edited by Puddle-Jumper; 22 December 2009, 01:30 PM.
    I dunno what to put in here now..

Old news, is old.
    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
      Old news, is old.
      Rude people, are rude

I know, but maybe not everyone does, and there isn't any other thread for discussing the Christmas specials so say something positive or don't post in my thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
        While no title has been announced yet we know that the 2009 Christmas special is the first of a 2 parter, though no official dates have been announced its been speculated that the second part will air in early 2010. This will be the last story for David Tennant as the Tenth Doctor prior to the character's regeneration into his eleventh incarnation, who will be played by Matt Smith.

It will also be the last Doctor Who story written by Russell T Davies, who shepherded the series' return to British television in 2005 and has been the series' executive producer and chief writer since.Davies will be succeeded as executive producer and showrunner by Steven Moffat.

Bernard Cribbins, who played Donna's grandfather is said to be the companion with Donna also appearing along a number of other cast members including John Simm, John Barrowman, Jessica Hynes, Elisabeth Sladen, Tommy Knight, David Harewood, Billie Piper, Camille Coduri, June Whitfield, Barry Howard and Karl Collins.

I knew I'd write David's last episode one day, so I've had this tucked away. You do think: 'How can the stakes get bigger?' And they do. They really do. I don't mean just in terms of spectacle, but in terms of how personal it gets for him. - Russell T Davies on the Christmas Specials

It's not quite as easy to guess what's happening as you think - there's nightmare sequences, and layers of fantasy, because the Doctor's coming to the end of his time. It's quite interesting to watch things being filmed, and think: 'Oh, I can see what that would look like... - Davies again

The science fiction website io9 published a photograph showing Tennant alongside Simm and Timothy Dalton, with Dalton apparently dressed in Time Lord robes. Rumors of Dalton's involvement in the specials had previously appeared in British tabloids.

Im referencing most of this information from wiki but, the information is all referenced, it would just be too many links too post here.

From what I can tell it would seem that we will see the return of he timelords.!!
        Originally posted by Billz View Post
        Old news, is old.
        Rude people, are rude

I know, but maybe not everyone does, and there isn't any other thread for discussing the Christmas specials so say something positive or don't post in my thread.
        I hadn't heard of the bit i bolded, and could find the picture on the website or else where. PJ, could you post it or a link plz?
        People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post
          I hadn't heard of the bit i bolded, and could find the picture on the website or else where. PJ, could you post it or a link plz?
          http://io9.com/5291509/your-first-lo...ig-guest-stars

Definetly timelord robes haha

Comment

Thank you, they do look time lord
            People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Hmmm, if it's true about all the dream sequences then it might well be true that the Time Lord only appears in them/flashbacks. I really dislike the idea of bringing them back, I've got nothing against them, but the Doctor works so well as the last of his kind.

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                Hmmm, if it's true about all the dream sequences then it might well be true that the Time Lord only appears in them/flashbacks. I really dislike the idea of bringing them back, I've got nothing against them, but the Doctor works so well as the last of his kind.
                Yeah true, but he's been the last of his kind for 4 seasons and 5 years now. I would like to see him on the run from a group of a few eccentric time lords who survived and blame him for the results of the time war, which as it seems the Doctor blames himself for the time lords dying out.......

Comment

Yeah true, but he's been the last of his kind for 4 seasons and 5 years now. I would like to see him on the run from a group of a few eccentric time lords who survived and blame him for the results of the time war, which as it seems the Doctor blames himself for the time lords dying out.......
                  That could work, but RTDs not going to set up something like that in his final episode.

Comment

That could work, but RTDs not going to set up something like that in his final episode.
                    I dunno, he said he's known what he was going to do for Davids last story for quite a while now and apparently its going to be epic, timelords returning are the only thing I could think of being more epic then the previous seasons, and would gave David a major send off too....

Comment

on the flip side he's reversing what he did in his final episode, rather than starting something. before RTD and the ninth doctor the timelords were alive and well

Comment

Me too I have not heard of this either!
                        sigpic
                        Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

Originally posted by GateTrek2004 View Post
                          Me too I have not heard of this either!
                          here's the picture

Spoiler:

Comment

wow nice! thanks for the pic. I only wish we in the US will see it sooner rather than later.
                            Last edited by Bagpuss; 08 August 2009, 04:10 PM. Reason: img tags changed to url
                            sigpic
                            Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

Originally posted by GateTrek2004 View Post
                              wow nice! thanks for the pic. I only wish we in the US will see it sooner rather than later.
                              In the UK and Ireland we have that with almost every show... Get over it!

Which I mean in the nicest possible way of course

Comment

Working...
                              X