Moebius, Part 2 (820)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    Heck, isn't there an ep or two he actually states there are no fish in that pond?
    I think you're right.

Comment

That makes me wonder.. how many eps have HAD jack and co at his house/pond?

Comment

Hello guys. Theres so much info here that I cant find a simple answer to my question...

Is the original team from seasons 1-8 dead? Afterall they moved back in time... Jack, Sam and Teal'c died in failed uprising and Daniel died of age.
        So from now on I'll be watching a team from another timeline... Isn't that right?

Or.. maybe from the beginning of the "Moebius, Part 1" We were watching AU team? And the original one is the one with ZPM and fishes in the pond? (as a proof for that I think of medallion that Daniel was given at the funeral, isn't he suppose to have it already?)

Comment

I figure the team at the end is the one we've been watching all along.

Well, that or "close enough".

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Being another time travel episode, of course I had to look up the theories behind this. I can't tell if this need to understand every detail is just innocent curiosity or a subconscious desire to punish myself for not knowing something - because at this point every time travel episode makes me want to tear my hair out if I dwell on it for too long - but I am glad to see the opinions on it already posted here.

I'd like to believe that the team we saw at the very beginning of the two-parter was from an alternate reality (and timeline, since I don't think there's a difference, which I already talked about to death in the thread for Before I Sleep), and the team at the end, ZPM in hand and fishing at Jack's cabin was the team we've been following since the beginning.

Otherwise, "our" team is dead, and that's kind of sucky.

So, do we see three universes in these two episodes? AU SG-1 that goes back in time (creating another universe), "SG-1" that never formed who also go back in time, creating another universe, which turns out to be the universe in which "our" SG-1 already have the ZPM, watched the tape, and decided not to go back in time?

But then there's the team in Threads who end up at Jack's cabin with no fish.

Bah.

...I'm just going to move on to the Seige.

Originally posted by Nevi View Post
            Hello guys. Theres so much info here that I cant find a simple answer to my question...

Is the original team from seasons 1-8 dead? Afterall they moved back in time... Jack, Sam and Teal'c died in failed uprising and Daniel died of age.
            So from now on I'll be watching a team from another timeline... Isn't that right?

Or.. maybe from the beginning of the "Moebius, Part 1" We were watching AU team? And the original one is the one with ZPM and fishes in the pond? (as a proof for that I think of medallion that Daniel was given at the funeral, isn't he suppose to have it already?)
            If that is true, then that's a great catch. I completely forgot about that and any significance behind it.
            Last edited by Janet Fraiser; 21 August 2015, 01:53 PM.
            rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

the problem is that writers usually don't bother with theories of alternate timelines, realities etc. They just do what is convenient to them so they do time travel stories where various alternate timelines are happening in the same universe or , if that is what they need, alternate timelies which happen in alternate universes!!

Comment

Originally posted by pakar View Post
                the problem is that writers usually don't bother with theories of alternate timelines, realities etc. They just do what is convenient to them so they do time travel stories where various alternate timelines are happening in the same universe or , if that is what they need, alternate timelies which happen in alternate universes!!
                You're right. Basically, I should stop overthinking it.
                rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Perhaps there was a 'higher power (Ancients!) that made the 2nd team who went back to correct things, be the original team.. Who knows..

Comment

Originally posted by CallMeGeRoS View Post
                    any chance that we can see if in another episode jack is fishing in that same pond but with fishes??
                    No, it's even said that there were no fish in that pond!
                    CARPE DIEM
                    ANJA

Comment

Some funny scenes but a bit difficult to get the timelines clear - if you know what I mean.
                      Nice dust and sand scenes and everybody speaks English again - convenient.
                      Original team or not? I don't care they seem very much alike.
                      CARPE DIEM
                      ANJA

Comment

Haven't seen S08 finale in a while. Love all the differences in the ''messed-up'' timeline:
                        • I can't take Apophis seriously with this beard, makes me laugh every time.
                        • Same goes for Major Davis, his mustache is glorious.
                        • Jack' sarcasm in response to Sam & Daniel trying to convince him to join the team is just too funny.
                        • Daniel dies again, never gets old.
                        • Lemon chicken is Rodney's favorite meal.

I think Moebius time travel episodes are quite easy to follow, but maybe I'm just spoiled after seeing countless complicated time-travel movies. Overall one of my fav seasons finale.
                        Spoiler:
                        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

A few plot holes:

a) on 3rd timeline, they expect me to believe that a self glowing light like a zpm would traverse 3000 years (especially the last century with all the pillage) without anyone trying to get it, should it be just for reading at night? And that a camera obviously recognizable in the 50s too? I mean, we are assuming that was all in Katrine's posession, given the 1st episode start. She was really not curious.

b) the 1st timeship survived 3000 years of the 2nd timeline, ok. So when the dorky sg1 goes back, there is 2 timeship there in the 3rd timeline- one presumably under goul'd surveilance, the other ultimately still usable. Now, they want us to believe the dorky sg1 and old 1st Daniel will not go back to the future (at least another planet or in some non-clashing time to avoid contanimation) to live a secure comfortable life?

c) and since there are 2 timeships which survived 3000 years on the 3rd timeline, why didn't the tape indicated where these are along with the zpm?

I didn't like these 2 episodes, really.

Comment

Originally posted by donald85 View Post
                            a) on 3rd timeline, they expect me to believe that a self glowing light like a zpm would traverse 3000 years (especially the last century with all the pillage) without anyone trying to get it, should it be just for reading at night? And that a camera obviously recognizable in the 50s too? I mean, we are assuming that was all in Katrine's posession, given the 1st episode start. She was really not curious.
                            The ZPM doesn't glow unless it's plugged in, and neither it nor the camera were buried at a site Catherine and her father were at. Daniel placed it in a tomb at Giza that, in the original timeline (and apparently also in the subsequent ones), was not uncovered until 2005...

JACKSON: Well, I know a way we can get the Z.P.M. back to our time even if we don't. About a month before we left, there was an archaeological dig that uncovered a first dynasty tomb near Giza. All we have to do is bury the Z.P.M. in that tomb, let them find it, and maybe our future selves won't have to take on this mission!

Catherine's estate put them on the track to find the ZPM because it contained a drawing of a ZPM that was copied from a destroyed Ancient Egyptian wall painting, but in no timeline did her boxes ever contain the ZPM or camera.

b) the 1st timeship survived 3000 years of the 2nd timeline, ok. So when the dorky sg1 goes back, there is 2 timeship there in the 3rd timeline- one presumably under goul'd surveilance, the other ultimately still usable. Now, they want us to believe the dorky sg1 and old 1st Daniel will not go back to the future (at least another planet or in some non-clashing time to avoid contanimation) to live a secure comfortable life?
                            At the end of the last scene in Ancient Egypt, Jack and Sam disappear from view by laying down after their kiss. Sparks then fly around the time device and Carter utters, "I can fix that."

We actually have no idea what occurred after that. It's possible something happened to the first jumper this time around (the changes they made could have caused Ra to destroy it while leaving, just like the changes the first Sg-1 made caused him to take the gate). So if Carter couldn't fix the second one they might have been stuck in Ancient Egypt or she may have fixed it and they might indeed have taken it (or the first one). No time travel jumper has been seen since then, so their fates are up in the air.

All we know is that something must have gone wrong as both sets of Sg-1 intended to go back to the future when their missions were complete. For example, maybe they did travel back, but they ended up arriving a few years later, we just never got to see that because the show didn't last long enough (it took them 5 years to return to their android counterparts from "Tin Man").

c) and since there are 2 timeships which survived 3000 years on the 3rd timeline, why didn't the tape indicated where these are along with the zpm?
                            The ZPM was buried with the tape by the first Sg-1 when the plan was, not to leave the jumper to be found by the future, but to wait until the rebellion started and then recover the jumper so they could return to their own time. This also means it could not have contained any information about the location of the second jumper unless the second group recovered it and added their own recording. However, since they know the first jumper was successfully found near the tomb that the ZPM and tape were buried in, they could have tried to move the second jumper there. By leaving it where it was and updating the tape, there's no guarantee that it wouldn't be found earlier in history, so relocating it would have been the best thing to do if they couldn't get the time device working again.

Again, though, what exactly the second group did with their lives and the jumper is intentionally left up in the air.

Originally posted by Nevi View Post
                            (as a proof for that I think of medallion that Daniel was given at the funeral, isn't he suppose to have it already?)
                            At the end of the movie, Daniel handed the medallion to Jack and told him to give it back to Catherine. I'm not aware of it ever being said that Catherine gave it back to him on the TV show, or of the TV show continuity stating that Daniel kept it instead of returning it like in the movie.
                            Last edited by Xaeden; 14 April 2019, 02:22 PM.

Comment

In Torment of Tantalus, Catherine has the medallion, which she states she never takes off. I don't think she gave it back to Daniel until she died.

Seaboe
                              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

The only other time you see it is in Full Circle when Daniel is trying to explain to Jack what the Eye of Ra looks like, but with him being ascended it could have just as easily been something he conjurered up.
                                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Working...
                                X