Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Moebius, Part 2 (820)

Oh so much to say, and a synopsis already written.

I really enjoyed the first part of the episode. I was glad that Daniel and Sam got on the team because of Jack, and also liked the Gateship thing (not only becuase it was McKay's thing in Atlantis, and it was a good reminder about why they were doing all of this in the first place, but because Daniel agreed with him about the name!)

It was nice to finally see the Teal'c part of the tape, I was getting curious! The way he spoke was very verbal for him and it was nice to hear him so happy about what had happened over the last 8 years - it showed us that Teal'c had finally achieved what he had defected for, and if this had been the end, I would have been happy in this knowledge.

I liked that they had to kill alternate Daniel because he was a Goa'uld, it was a nice twist, though I guessed something like that was coming since it was unlikely they would do a Replicarter thing and have two Daniel's in one shot, but hey. It was also a little annoying that they had to kill off Kawalsky (who I thought might be a Lieutenant Colonel at least with another 8 years of service).

Also had to mention Jack's little comment on not liking guns - very true and unfortunately still his reason for leaving the military. I liked Jack in this episode more so than the last one, though I have to say he looked really good, really well rested and with a good haircut (very shallow I know). I thought they would have given him more action though considering he may not be back in the action again. Nice to see he had priorities on the mission!

I also have to say that I thought there would have been a little more action in this part, seeing as though the first part was very lacking in that respect. I'm not attacking it for this reason, but it would have been nice to have seen some of the rebellion, or at least them flying away with the stargate! To have seen a few Jaffa laying down their weapons because they were surrounded and then reverting back to the real timeline was a bit of a let down. I would also have been curious to have seen what happened with the real Daniel and alternate Sg-1 who remained in the past, as it was obvious Sam and Jack were getting it on and what would they have done. Also, in an ick factor, what would have happened if they'd had a kid in the past - wouldn't this have affected the future in some small way that they didn't know about?

And of course I have to mention the Sam/Jack thing in more detail. It was amazing how different she looked without them glasses, and she seemed to get more confident without them. I will admit I snorted when she said that she was more attracted to Daniel, but it was nice when they got together, and it gave some a little hope (though at the same time being annoying for doing this to us when it was an alternate timeline). However, apart from the niggling thought above, the other thing that got me was the sparks that shot out behind them when they kissed - a little too cheesy for me, though that she added on "I can fix that" mid kiss pulled it back.

I also liked that they looped it back to the end of threads, so they cut out the line where she said "There are no fish in this pond are there?" because she'd heard Jack say it on the tape. Though the CG fish was absolutely terrible!

All in all I liked the episode, and it was (as someone already said) a very different SG-1 finale to anything we've had before. The Reckoning gave us the action packed two parter that we've all come to know and love and got rid of many of the enemies that we'd become tired of. Moebius allowed us think about the last 8 years - about Teal'c's battle, about all the people they've helped and how far they've come. As the episode I progressed I couldn't help but wonder what happened to Abydos, about various other planets, the Tok'ra, the Asguard - so many would have been affected by Earth and the Stargate. Ohh look at me getting all philosophical. Its the kind of episode that made you wonder what's going to come next and with so many changes in season 9 I honestly can't wait (though a definitive answer to the Sam/Jack question i think would have been appreciated!)

I'm going to give this 8/10 for nostalgia factor, Sam/Jack and the fact that it left me with a smile on my face, a little more action would have got a 10.

Re: Moebius, Part 2 (820)

This was a particularly pointless episode. And it was supposed to be the *series* ender! Not to mention being a 2-hour finale that had 5 minutes of "our" team.

And we don't appear to have "our" team back: the lake has fish. It's never had fish before (including in 2010 and The Curse). So, we didn't even get the original team or original timeline back. What was the point to that?

J.
    "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

http://www.angelfire.com/magic/le_mo...rkpicsmall.jpg

Thumbs up Re: Moebius, Part 2 (820)

I thought this episode was hilarious. Loved seeing Kawalsky again, and Rodney's "gateship 1". And 'geek Daniel' was very amusing - on the Goualds taking his glasses "Why would they do that?" Shame they killed Kawalsky off so quickly, and killed Daniel AGAIN. Twice in three episodes! What is it with that?

The scene with Jack and Sam in the puddlejumper was great - especially Sam saying she liked Daniel better. However i thought the second half of the episode was rushed - they should have filled in the plotline a bit more and made it a longer episode again - although perhaps that would be too long as its already a double ep. Also, i would have thought Daniel would be more emotional about seeing alternate versions of his dead friends returning.

Overall the plotline was not as good as some ideas that have been going around, but the script was brilliant. Great episode.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkQuee1
    This was a particularly pointless episode. And it was supposed to be the *series* ender! Not to mention being a 2-hour finale that had 5 minutes of "our" team.

And we don't appear to have "our" team back: the lake has fish. It's never had fish before (including in 2010 and The Curse). So, we didn't even get the original team or original timeline back. What was the point to that?
    I think it would be virtually impossible for the timeline to be completely unaffected by the mess that happened, and it's lucky that it's quite this similar. Even in Back to the Future the timeline was never brought back exactly the same after it had been "fixed".

Also watch out for more Time Jumper action in Season 9, because, guess what, because we flashed back to Threads, we've still got it. I agree with you that it may have been "pointless", but what it was designed for was to look back on the past 9 years (i'm including the movie events here) and see what a big effect the team had, and restoring it.

loved the episode, a complete turnaround from pt 1.the whole ending part was fantastic, seeing the changes then seeing it back as it should be + fish and a ZPM!
    now was it me or did they make a massive hint for siege spolers * youve got some packing to do!, meaning maybe daniel or carter will be abourd the deadalus!!!!!!*
    omg i just cant wait for siege to see how all the eps i watched tonight
    (moebius and the gift) play out in conjunction together.

Chief Master Sergeant sshspooky's Avatar

a possible explanation for the fish in the pond is that after seeing the tape Jack decided to buy some fish to put in the pond.
    spook

Default That fish was evil, I know it. It probably even had a moustache.

I really really liked it. If that sodding fish hadn't been in it then I would have REALLY REALLY liked it instead.

Madeleine

Heart Re: Moebius, Part 2 (820)

Quote Originally Posted by sshspooky
    a possible explanation for the fish in the pond is that after seeing the tape Jack decided to buy some fish to put in the pond.
    :: Grabs sshspooky and gives a huuuuge sloppy kiss ::

You've redeemed the entire episode for me! Hurrah for you!

Madeleine

Hmm.
    I thought this episode was very funny, but a little rushed. It didn't have the WOW factor I found LC to have, and I was a little disappointed considering it was potentially s9
    Spoiler:
    Jack's last ever episode.

I loved Sam's line about the boyfriend, and her comments that she 'thinks things over too much' (or words to that effect!) to Jack.
    Wonder how S9 is going to start?

Stargate: Horizon Supervising Producer samjack4ever's Avatar

I have a question...

If the SG1 from the new time line went back in time would Daniel from the old time line still be there?

I mean how could he be when the Daniel from the new time line didn't go back in time in the first place...

Did that make sense?

I wouldn't worry too much about the fish. I'm fairly sure it was a joke, just put in there to keep us on our toes - it would be far to complicated for the writers to have changed anything important about the series.
    Last edited by hermajesty; February 22nd, 2005 at 02:19 PM. Reason: to make my writing make sense

It was waaaayyy to short, the whole story needed alot more scenes and at least 120mins instead of 80mins. Reckoning+Threads were better.

Quote Originally Posted by hermajesty
    I

The scene with Jack and Sam in the puddlejumper was great - especially Sam saying she liked Daniel better.

Uh, that was Sam pulling Jack's leg. She didn't look even remotely interested in jumping Daniel's bones, did she? <<g>>

J.
    "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Quote Originally Posted by samjack4ever
    I have a question...

If the SG1 from the new time line went back in time would Daniel from the old time line still be there?

I mean how could he be when the Daniel from the new time line didn't go back in time in the first place...

Did that make sense?
    It's the same with atlantis. The universe is overwritten instead of breaking off into a new universe. or something.........

P3X-666. Doesn't everyone want to live there?

Talking Re: Moebius, Part 2 (820)

SPOILERS FOR MOEBIUS (Is this really needed if the thread is about the episode?)

OH MY GOD!!! I loved this episode!!!!! That is what you call a twisty plot! Just a question, so the guys at the end were the ones from the alternate timeline then? slightly confused by that! But what else can I say about the epsiode, it was brilliant!
    I loved geek Daniel and Sam! They were so funny. Just their mannerisms were brilliant and funny! Geeky Daniel I always liked, but to see geeky Sam was fun!
    Now the best part, the Sam/Jack part! What can I say apart from OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is brilliant!!! I mean, you see the kiss, sparks flying and everything!!! And when Daniel said they could come out now it was safe and they stayed in to kiss, WOW!!! What every S/J shipper wanted to see!!! I mean, we did get Sam fishing! And we got to see it twice!
    THERE'S FISH IN HIS POND!! I always knew it (just read 'Missed Opportunities' at Stargate Universe to see that!)
    This was just the best episode! And it was so well concealed too! I hearly knew anything about the episode before it aired, which is unusual for Stargate. It made a brilliant change though as i loved not knowing what was happening!!! Made it so much better!
    All A can say now is ROLL ON SEASON 9. What can they do now? especially with the Sam/Jack issue? I mean, if they were the alternate timeline people and remembered the kiss, what does that bring up next season? Is Jack going to retire (as we all know Jack might not be in it much. So does he retire to be with Sam?) Suppose we'll just ahve to wait. But it will be torture for us all!!
    That epsiode certainly put a smile on my face for the rest of the week!! YAY!!

Default Re: That fish was evil, I know it. It probably even had a moustache.

Loved it, certainly made up for part one, mostly.

I though the 'gateship' reference was great and the whole beginning scenes were good. SG1 being captured was a bit rushed .. infact the whole episode was, to make up for part one being so slow.

Loved the little cloak scene, predictable, and then it failed - nice twist. Didn't expect Daniel to be a Goa'uld and though, Teal'c why did you do that kind of thing. Brilliant, though.

Shippers - how BRILLIANT was that kiss in the puddlejumper (the one with the sparks) after all, there were THREE kisses. Shame one couldn't be real, though. Good to get rid of nerdy Sam.

Wasn't happy about the re-use of the final Threads scene, though. They could have reused it.

Here's something. It's still not the correct timeline as there are fish in Jack's pond. So it's not totally correct - but close enough.

Overall - not a brilliant episode, doesn't topple Lost City, but it made me happy and restored faith for S9 for me. Hopefully!

Quote Originally Posted by hermajesty
    I wouldn't worry too much about the fish. I'm fairly sure it was a joke, just put in there to keep us on our toes - it would be far to complicated for them to have changed anything important.
    But they *did* change it, didn't they? "Our" team went back and changed the timeline. THe new team went back (and half of them stayed there and made lots of babies) and changed it again. Why do you assume it went back to exactly what was before instead of having differences? In the Stargate universe, apparently you can change history. Or, if not, your presence automatically creates a multiverse. If you set it up so that every action splits off another multiverse, then there's no way to ever get back to where you started: each change just adds more layers.

That's one of the prime reasons I think this finale was a bad idea. SG-1 as we knew it is over. No Jack, no Hammond, no Janet, reduced Sam (because AT wants to be with her baby), "new directions, new dangers, new enemy". Yet we didn't even end on--or get to wave goodbye to--the team we started with, but with a modified--however slightly--timeline and an AU team, however close they may be to our own.

J.

I have a question...

Did that make sense?
    As similar as Daniel may have been to the Daniel stuck back there, he comes from a different timeline, so probably lived out his life in the past. Freeky ehe? We'll be watching the adventures of a different Daniel!!! Infact, an entirely different SG-1, the SG-1 we have been watching for the past eight or so years is either dead or was stuck in the past.

And I don't think Sam was kidding when she said she found Daniel attractive, she just fell for Jack in the end. Simple as that.

Probie

Thumbs up Re: End of Series Eight

It had the best of what Stargate is about, a marriage of good subtle (and sometimes not so sublte) comedy to great sci-fi.

The episode was really good (a little baffling at the end - almost like they rushed the ending) and it was great to see Jack and Sam get it together (even if it was the 'alternative' jack and sam) in the jumper.

I have a question...

Did that make sense?
    Old Daniel was still there becuase the new SG-1 went back 5 years later. This meant that the time the original Sg-1 had gone back to had passed, they had been part of a minor rebellion which had failed and the old Daniel was still living there becuase this time had not changed. The timeline was altered after the second rebellion and Ra taking the gate, anything before this was still the same.

In answer to someone else's question, Daniel, in seeing the second team realised they'd changed things. It had been a couple of years since the original team had come so I guess he'd probably dealt with their deaths and was just glad they were alive in some sense.

The only thing, however, that bugs me about the timeline thing however, is that after being so wary of stepping on a bug in the first episode that Sam allowed the team in any way to become involved in the rebellion - even the second Sam seemed surprised at that.

The other thing that's been mentioned, about the fish. It could work, with Jack not acknowledging that there were fish in his pond in case Sam started worrying about the timeline, but to me the presence of a fish cannot be explained. Jack said 'close enough' so he knew there were fish and I don't think he had just gone and put one in there. V. Confusing!

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast