No announcement yet.

Alphas (Syfy) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So is this a group of regular citizens that use mental powers to solve crimes? I'll give it a shot, but I'm skeptical.
    sigpic

Comment

Interesting...at least it will give me something to watch this summer.
      sigpic

Comment

Nah, sounds to much heroes/4400 style! sorry guys, watched to much of these kind of shows!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
          Nah, sounds to much heroes/4400 style! sorry guys, watched to much of these kind of shows!
          Never could get into Heros...but I loved The 4400!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
            Never could get into Heros...but I loved The 4400!
            Yes, The 4400 were great! I loved Joel Gretsch and her partner (forgot her name but she was good!) the first and second were the best, I cannot quite remember the third and fourth season...though..have to watch them again but it was definitley better than Heroes..!!!
            sigpic

Comment

I was thinking that it sounded like Heroes. I'm a fan of that show, but I'm not sure about this show. I might watch an episode or two to see if I like it.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RoK View Post
                I was thinking that it sounded like Heroes. I'm a fan of that show, but I'm not sure about this show. I might watch an episode or two to see if I like it.
                Me too, although it sounds a little more organized than Heroes. Hopefully they know where they want the story to go.
                sigpic

Comment

its worth a watch, time will tell if it has promise or if it falls victim to a parade of cliches
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

It has an added benefit of being placed behind 2 of the most (if not the most) popular science fiction shows (in terms of ratings) SyFy currently has. The fact that it isn't competing against any ratings giants on network tv or following wrestling is also a plus.
                    sigpic

Comment

I will at least check out the pilot, but right now this doesn't promising. The story seems unoriginal (Heroes, Mutant X) and the creator is the writer behind X-men Last Stand.
                      sigpic

Comment

I plan to check this one out, but I admit my expectations are not high.

Also, it's on at the same time as Rizzoli & Isles, so it'll be recorded to watch later.
                        - Life after Stargate -
                        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                        sigpic

Comment

ah, bugger, know i forgot to set the recorder for something

and yeah, worth checking out, but holding the expectations low. my experience has taught me that anything that's really, really over hyped is usually because the hype is disproportionate to the quality of the show. (ie the harder they pimp it it's because they know it's - at its most basic - not all that good)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            ah, bugger, know i forgot to set the recorder for something

and yeah, worth checking out, but holding the expectations low. my experience has taught me that anything that's really, really over hyped is usually because the hype is disproportionate to the quality of the show. (ie the harder they pimp it it's because they know it's - at its most basic - not all that good)
                            The hype strategy seems to have worked well for Game of Thrones and Falling Skies

I have not seen any hype about this show.
                            sigpic

Comment

depends on your POV. it's promotion reminds me of Heroes.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                depends on your POV. it's promotion reminds me of Heroes.
                                The concept here definitely seems to be really similar which is why I'm skeptical. Heroes had one great season and then just plummeted because they really didn't know where they were going with it. Lets hope Alphas doesn't follow suit.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X