Alphas (Syfy) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/al...ncelled-26083/

Seems as if they are still deliberating on whether there will be a third season or not.
    sigpic

Comment

Based on how long Syfy dicked around with Sanctuary. Do not expect good things. Especially with such a long wait

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
        Based on how long Syfy dicked around with Sanctuary. Do not expect good things. Especially with such a long wait
        I know.

I hope it survives. It was getting good for me.
        sigpic

Comment

This is my Alphas Video Montage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUUc0wjCCfA

Comment

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...o-seasons.html

Syfy released the following statement: "Syfy has decided not to renew Alphas for a third season. We've been proud to present this entertaining, high-quality series for two seasons and to work with an incredible ensemble of talented actors, producers and creatives as well as our partners at BermanBraun Television. We'd like to thank the show's dedicated regular viewers for their tremendous support
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Goddammit...The second I saw someone (Jelgate) had posted in this on the main page, I just knew it...And they left it like that. LIKE THAT...?!

Freaking SyFy. If it wasn't for Haven, Defiance (upcoming) and Warehouse 13 (though only barely after that half season) I'd quit watching.

I'm going to go swear in a corner...very profusely.
              sigpic

Comment

One less show I'm not going to watch...
                sigpic

Comment

I havent seen s2 yet but i Can't say i'm not surprised......
                  Last edited by mr_kennedy; 16 January 2013, 11:12 PM.
                  Last Movie Watched
                  X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                  Life is Strange

Comment

well that disappointing, but then they did make a lot of changes in the second season, did not quite gain back the magic of the first season, an changing show runner is always a dangerous thing to. It sad that the best bit of the season was the banter between Rachel, Nina Kat, Skylar, in the lift in the last episode, and the only 2nd season episode where they actually felt like they were a team again.

I think the rest of Alpha creative team clearly fought against syfy creative decisions, they certainly did not want to get drag into doing cross overs with syfy other properties.

Now there really isn't anything on Scifi that interests me at all apart from Defiance. An that looks way to expensive to stay around for long, an the way they have completely destroyed there successful line up of shows over the last 5 years have push a lot of fans away from watching their channel anyway. An this at the time where HBO, AMC, TNT, an others are investing in original drama series, even sci-fi and Fantasy shows that are gaining huge ratings for those channels, often breaking records for cable series.
                    Last edited by knowles2; 17 January 2013, 02:00 AM.

Comment

I could not post anywhere on SyFy's site about my anger they canceled one of my favorite shows Alphas! While they put on these ridiculous ghost hunter shows that are not even really entertaining, they cancel good shows with great actors! I feel robbed. I wanted to see justice for Danielle and I wanted to see what other possible abilities could result as each character learned to control their abilities. Curse you SyFy for selling out once again to mainstream people that have no imagination.

Comment

Ghost Hunters has enough ratings to keep the show going. While I may personally not like the show it must be entertaining too enough people. Something Alphas apparently lacks
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

well syfy with there raitings and never is enough for them so the new show that comes in april will last one season or maybe two but thats it cause then the show will cost to much to make and raitings are low and will get axed

it's a road to pankruptcy for the SYFY channel and it started with before the channel name change .. all things that are good will get canceled in that channel without ending .. the syfy channel needs to respect there viewers and if they cant afford to make these shows then end them with proper endings and then cancel them

all tv channel's should respect viewers and end stories they started to show people and not leave the shows hanging with a end where the show is in the most interesting part
                          sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

That makes absolutely no business sense. Canceling shows that don't make profits lead to banruptacy makes no sense at all
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

i didn't watch the show, but syfy is really alienating their core fanbase. badly.
                              taking stargate off was a terrible idea. taking eureka off was an even worse idea. they are a tiny little niche channel that has already turned most of their viewers against them - it's terrible management to keep removing shows that your tiny little portion of TVdom is interested in.

predict channel disappears in <5 years.

Comment

Given SyFy's recent finances I highly doubt your predicition will come to pass
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X