Moebius, Part 1 (819)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rushy View Post
    It was too convenient that from SG-1 only Daniel got killed and when they time traveled only Daniel was alive.
    It was done for laughs.

Comment

I just watched this again today. One thing I wonder every time I see it. Why was there Aten symbols on the offering to Ra? The rays of the sun, I mean.

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s8/8...bius1x060.html
      sigpic
      Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

I don't see what the problem is.

Comment

This was a good episode. I feel this is a slightly better Series Finale that Full Circle was (Full Circle still being the better of the 2).

Notes (I'm forgetting some stuff):
          • I hated how the scenes were cut during the 1st act (Catherine's Funeral to Daniel getting her stuff to Daniel interrupting Jack's Briefing with SG-12). There was no intercut, like you go from Catherine's Funeral, see stock footage of Mountain then cut to Daniel getting her stuff. I just felt it was a little weird.
          • Nerd Carter was hot, but I still like our Carter
          • Funny how in this timeline, Hammond's a 1-star General instead of a 2/3-star General.
          • McKay being, well, McKay and hitting on Carter.
          • Jack acting all Canadian when Sam & Daniel visited him. That was absolutely hilarious.

Tomorrow, the Series Finale of SG-1's original run.
          Last edited by NowIWillDestroyAbydos; 27 March 2012, 03:33 PM. Reason: The thing about Jack being Canadian.
          sigpic

Comment

Aww Catherine Langford dying is sad. Hard to forget it was her who got Daniel onto the program. Quite the ep. It was great to see Ra again. Well sort of. Great to see Horus guards again as well.

Interesting idea of going back in time to get a ZPM. The nerd versions of Daniel and Sam are hilarious. Mckay feeling Sam's bum was cringe worthy. Interesting to note that he isn't allergic to sitrus here haha.

Pity the team gets stuck in the past. But it's a great way of explaining the uprising against Ra.
            sigpic

Comment

My LiveJournal post

I'd forgotten how much I love these two episodes.
              "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
              "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
              "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
              "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
              >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Time travel, always love a good time travel story and we get a good one here.

I love the changes to all the characters in the altered timeline.

Daniel as the ESL teacher...one student on talking about the weather.... "Hello, my name is Carlos. You make me so hot."

Geeky Sam, love yet another version of Samantha Carter played wonderfully by AT. Of course there is one funny reference as she talks to herself in the office angrily on her ideas being used by her self serving boss that is totally missed if you've only ever seen the re-mastered version of COTG.

"Now, just because my reproductive organs are on the inside instead of the outside, doesn't… God! That's horrible! Who would ever say that?"

I think it was a shame that scene was taken out, as I love how the cringe worthiness of the original scene with those immortal lines in COTG was tackled head on with wonderful humour in this episode.

Jack on his fishing boat, called 'Homer' of course!

For those who are interested....the location was the marina in False Creek, Vancouver. The bridges seen in the background are the Granville Street bridge and Burrard Street Bridge.

Comment

Another ep of SG1...

1. The laugh is, this ep picked up from at Atlantis ep with their call for help("Letters from Pegasus"). SG1 here are ultimately trying to bail out Atlantis.

2. Daniel helping out Daniel. Not so bad.

3. You have to wonder how the alternate Sam and Daniel wound up leading such cacky lives...

4. I also forget that the cliffhanger involved the alternate Sam and Daniel not going on the trip.

5. And Davis's tache looked pencilled on.

6. Was RDA/Jack seriously trying to be Canadian?
                  Still a solid ep.
                  I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Its not great but its not bad. I kind of like seeing the original timeline as the people on the SGC are returning to a life free from the Goa'uld and their tyrany. Although doesn't it feel like this episode serves as nothing more for a reason to get a ZPM on Atlantis. I have to wonder why didn't just watch the Puddle Jumper. Its not like the Jaffa are going to monitor it forever. A highlight is seeing the alternate reality SG1. It was interesting to see what was different and was simliar. Its hard to believe such a small thing like the Stargate has so much change on Earth's history. I have to wonder how the Stargate for example made video recording technology different.
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

This one was kind of funny. But the story has its weak points. It always is a mess when time travel is introduced. On to the next part

Comment

One thing I've wondered since I first saw this episode...

In Daniel's big book of Egypt why are there Aten symbols when it's about Ra worshipers?
                        sigpic
                        Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

I never really got friend with these two parts. Don't like this time-travelling part - it's creepy and less believable than the other stuff in sci - fi. Geeky characters, yes, greatly played but they didn't get to me. The rest of season 8 I more or less liked.
                          CARPE DIEM
                          ANJA

Comment

OK I am time traveling here posting on this old thread.
                            Really, things are going perfect. Goa'uld, including Anubis almost gone as well as the replicators. Jaffa are free ships to travel the galaxy and what do they do. They go back in time and as Jack would say...Screwed it up.

Comment

My question for this episode was why did Sam have glasses in the alternate timeline? Makes no sense whatsoever to me.

I am not the biggest fan of these particular time traveling episodes ( Moebius 12,&3). I thought there are some cute moments and funny moments, but it wasn't my favorite of the season finales. I found it a bit confusing, truth be told. But, it does set up Stargate season 8 finale.

I rate this as good.
                              Last edited by BethHG; 26 June 2022, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Excellent first part of the season 8 finale.

So many good moments to enjoy, from the moment the team returns to 3000 BC to the alternate timeline Daniel and Sam.

Geeky Carter is hilarious.

Also Major Davis and Samuels, and General Hammond. Kinsey president -- not amused he's not in the other timeline.

What makes this one of my favorites out there is the mere appearance of the Horus guard. LOVE that mask so much.
                                Also, epic Ra... feeling a bit sorry for the actor who clearly had to put his life in the hands of his two guides, trying desperately not to fall over his long skirts.

How would you rate SG-1's "Moebius, Part 1"?

Excellent

Good
                                Fair
                                Poor
                                Terrible
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X