Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt G
    OK...

1. This is beter than Threads but Reckoning still whacks it.

2. Time travel is generally a cool thing, but I didn't expect so long to be spent in the AU present day in part 1. I was just expecting a 5 minute set up to show some changes and then 15 mins in part 2 to set up the journey back in time.

3. Nitpicks on the AU: Hammod being a one-star is a good spot. However the bigger thing for me is that in the regular SG universe, Hammond and Jacob are/were mates, and therefore Hammond knew of Sam already. AU Hammond did not know AU Sam. Huh? Forget Sam not being in the military, what would have caused Jacob and Hammond to not know each other?

4. It's pretty much a dead cert that 9/11 is part of the SG universe as Sheppard is a vet of the Afghan conflict that resulted from that attack. Daniel mentions the fall of Communism yet 9/11 has IMO done more to shape the present day than they fall of Communism. So historicially, why leave that out?

Overall, decent but I'm banking on part 2 being better.
    I don't think it's possible for them to address ALL of the REASONS for ALL of the differences between each timeline. They would have to devote a two-parter JUST to that! I mean, the explanations/background stories are ancillary. All we need to know for the here and now is that things changed and they've led to BLAH.

Comment

I have a very important question... Do we get to see the Giza pyramids with possibly the stargate at its original place?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G
        OK...

1. This is beter than Threads but Reckoning still whacks it.

2. Time travel is generally a cool thing, but I didn't expect so long to be spent in the AU present day in part 1. I was just expecting a 5 minute set up to show some changes and then 15 mins in part 2 to set up the journey back in time.

3. Nitpicks on the AU: Hammod being a one-star is a good spot. However the bigger thing for me is that in the regular SG universe, Hammond and Jacob are/were mates, and therefore Hammond knew of Sam already. AU Hammond did not know AU Sam. Huh? Forget Sam not being in the military, what would have caused Jacob and Hammond to not know each other?

4. It's pretty much a dead cert that 9/11 is part of the SG universe as Sheppard is a vet of the Afghan conflict that resulted from that attack. Daniel mentions the fall of Communism yet 9/11 has IMO done more to shape the present day than they fall of Communism. So historicially, why leave that out?

Overall, decent but I'm banking on part 2 being better.
        It was left out for political reasons.

9-11 is still a very contravercial subject as it brings to mind, not only the attacks, but everything else that stemed from that day. I don't think I need to say that everyone is sharply devided on what happened afterwards and the SG1 producers probably didn't want to touch that subject with a 10 foot pole.

Why did I enlist during a time of war? Because I'm "Army Strong," not "Army Smart."

Forget this "Army of One" BS. I signed up to "Be all that I can be!"

Comment

Ok one thing really bugs me, the jaffa found the PJ but if sg-1 zated them or something i don’t think it would have changed the time line. Because ra would have thought it was some other system lord or w/e and the jaffa didn’t know what the time ship was (did they see the inside?). So I think sg-1 should have just taken the ship

do u get what i'm trying to say?

am i sooo off here did I miss something, is what I’m saying stupid?
          Today I was called a beautiful mystery and the explanation was:

How can something be hot and cool at the same time?

Comment

I did not see anyone post a better picture of the daedalus, so I took one:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...s/d2c5fea7.jpg

Comment

come on you brits!!!!!!!! give us a synopsis for your poor stargate bretheren here in the us of a!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              jake o'niel ".......bite me"

Mythbusters....."I reject your reality and arbitrarily substitute it with my own"

Comment

Originally posted by scsscs
                I did not see anyone post a better picture of the daedalus, so I took one:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...s/d2c5fea7.jpg

With perspective correction.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...n/daedelus.jpg
                Parap pup pup paaa ... I'm Lovin' It!

Comment

I loved the episode.... love that Oneill's boat is the Homer.

Comment

I gotta say the episodes in the last half of season 8 have all been good to great (great being Reckoning II and Threads, good being citizen joe).

I really loved Mckay in this though - hes such an arrogant ass, bloody brilliant
                    The nerd twins worked out to be funny/ish, but there were moments - the "Yo I am Carlos, you make me so Hot.." line was good.

The whole daedaleus thing is strange, I would love to have seen the actual ship though. It looks ALOT like an asgard mothership, inleast in a top down view. I really hope we get to see the real thing next episode.

I dont think Moebius I or II will beat out Reckoning or Threads for best episode of the season but part I was good.

I keep hoping Jack trys to convince RU Sam and Daniel to contact the Asgard and accidentally call out the Ancients (its possible - you know im right ...)

"I love that whole nerdy librarian thing" - "Mr. Fantastic" (lol)

Comment

Daniel: I generally leave the whip at home.
                      Catherine Langford's very attractive niece: Me too.

Comment

Originally posted by lsd
                        Ok one thing really bugs me, the jaffa found the PJ but if sg-1 zated them or something i don’t think it would have changed the time line. Because ra would have thought it was some other system lord or w/e and the jaffa didn’t know what the time ship was (did they see the inside?). So I think sg-1 should have just taken the ship

Haven't seen the ep, but what If Sg1 would have just zatted the bad guys, got on the ship, and then went back a day to before the Jaffas found the time ship?

Sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lsd

I get the impression is that Sam was trying to minimize the timeline changes. And there were changes - Ra took the stargate with him, which was a likely consequence of finding the PJ - even if the Jaffa didnt know what it was.

Also note that minor changes (such as someone being in a different physical location) would likely have much less impact on the timeline than say killing someone (even through them being killed as punishment by Ra for failing) - as their death would impact an entire family tree (so for example killing a Jaffa at that time could potentially kill Teal'c or his family)

Comment

Good episode. The Sam and Daniel of the alternative timeline were quite funny and I thought they still retain the characteristics that made Sam and Daniel in the regular world but just with less confidence.

I was a bit disappointed that we didn't get to see more of the regular SG-1 team knowing that this is the next to last time that we'll be seeing this team in action.

I have always liked a good time travel story and this one shapes up to be a good one (of course a lot would depends on how they resolve things in part 2).

Another minor point, it was good to see McKay but it does seem a bit unrealistic that a Canadian would be in charge of such a top secret project (of course it's very likely that in this timeline, McKay had immigrated to the US and became a citizen).

One last point, there was a very famous time traveling story that involved a time traveler who gone back in time and accidentally stepped on a bug (Sam made reference to it in this episode) and the difference that it made was who became the president in the future. In the alternate timeline, we have president Kinsey rather than president Hayes.
                            I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

I got it! Back to the Future Part Stargate. Really thought the episode was good. Can't wait to see the finale. Where was Mcfly?
                              Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by TOA
                                I get the impression is that Sam was trying to minimize the timeline changes. And there were changes - Ra took the stargate with him, which was a likely consequence of finding the PJ - even if the Jaffa didnt know what it was.

Also note that minor changes (such as someone being in a different physical location) would likely have much less impact on the timeline than say killing someone (even through them being killed as punishment by Ra for failing) - as their death would impact an entire family tree (so for example killing a Jaffa at that time could potentially kill Teal'c or his family)
                                i never said kill i said zated ... and if they got away before ra saw the time ship it would not made a big diffrence ...right????
                                Today I was called a beautiful mystery and the explanation was:

How can something be hot and cool at the same time?

Comment

Working...
                                X